• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JSW

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2008
    Bryansville, Pa.
    Understand that!

The main reason Im veering towards Ruger - is that they are supposed to be a stronger action. My load manuals list seperate data for Rugers, and T/C's in 45colt , because they are a stronger gun that can handle a hotter load.

that was the main reason I bought the 45 back in the 80's. One word of warning if you push like I have done you may have to file down the front sight as I have done. then that leads to not enough sight blade when you shoot the real slow "cowboy" loads. So you have to drop the blade further into the rear sight notch. I also have three different styles of grips depending on the loads I'm playing with.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    that was the main reason I bought the 45 back in the 80's. One word of warning if you push like I have done you may have to file down the front sight as I have done. then that leads to not enough sight blade when you shoot the real slow "cowboy" loads. So you have to drop the blade further into the rear sight notch. I also have three different styles of grips depending on the loads I'm playing with.

I do plan to load to SAAMI specs on it, should I get one - but I like the idea of being able to push it a little should I want to.

The ability to be able to run a hotter round in the Blackhawks, indictates to me that it is a stronger built gun.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Non American made SAA (Uberti)- also blasphemous :rasp:

even though they are the best made clones. this is an area i have much experience with. I never said the Rugers werent good, they are just 'farby', like a WW2 reenactor wearing under armour. they fit their purpose, which is being more accurate than traditional clones. the 'merican made game can be played with lots of stuff. budweiser, lots of GM products, the list goes on. as far as true to the original, theres colt, then the italian clones. ive sold off all my Rugers just because i can get twice as much gun for half the price for the italian clones. guess im not patriotic.

i forgot to mention under colt, comes USFA, THEN the italian makers.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    even though they are the best made clones. this is an area i have much experience with. I never said the Rugers werent good, they are just 'farby', like a WW2 reenactor wearing under armour. they fit their purpose, which is being more accurate than traditional clones. the 'merican made game can be played with lots of stuff. budweiser, lots of GM products, the list goes on. as far as true to the original, theres colt, then the italian clones. ive sold off all my Rugers just because i can get twice as much gun for half the price for the italian clones. guess im not patriotic.

i forgot to mention under colt, comes USFA, THEN the italian makers.

Ill pass on the Italian makers - and Im Italian as it gets.

Im not looking to shoot CASS, or to ride horse and pretend I'm Clint Eastwood. The gun is going to be a range shooter, and nothing more.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Ill pass on the Italian makers - and Im Italian as it gets.

Im not looking to shoot CASS, or to ride horse and pretend I'm Clint Eastwood. The gun is going to be a range shooter, and nothing more.

i hear ya. the rugers always served me well. youll be happy with it for sure. im a fan of their conversion cylinders as well. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom