• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I’m really digging this thing! It’s got the gold Volquartsen Firearms Accurizing Kit. (Awesome trigger upgrade!), the Hogue Ruger 22/45 MK IV Handgun Grip, in Green Lava. And, I removed the picitinny rail, because I like the sleeker look, and have no plans for a red dot. If you have one of the MK IV’s, the trigger upgrade is worth every penny. It feels like a buttery smooth 2-3lbs. Absolutely no grit!
    IMG_1865.jpeg
    IMG_2069.jpeg
    IMG_2074.jpeg
    IMG_2073.jpeg

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I hear a lot about these trigger upgrades. I have a Mark 4 (not 22/45) and I don't hate the factory trigger. Maybe a little gritty but a nice clean break

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I wish there was a decent way to mount a RDS on those pistols. Ruger is missing the boat on that, I feel. I'd snap one up were it not for that.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I wish there was a decent way to mount a RDS on those pistols. Ruger is missing the boat on that, I feel. I'd snap one up were it not for that.
    this is a madmacs SMSc/R0 mount, co-witnesses with factory rear, and a taller front sight. Yes and the VQ trigger kit is awesome, removes the stupid mag safety too.
    20221018_132712.jpg

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    That's badass!
    I want a dot to COMPLIMENT the natural sight alignment and placement of irons, not to replace them. Too many mounts and pretty much every pic-rail mount on a handgun places the sight base too high. As I present, I use the front sight, as it comes into view, to guide the pistol to position for aimed shots. I pretty much always co-witness irons low in the window with every RD equipped handgun. I like a thin sight surround, and low mount so you basically see the irons, a dot, and as little of everything else as possible. more or less the madmacs base does this.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    That looks amazing! Thanks for the thumbs up, that's my next upgrade for mine!
    Thanks brother!
    I hear a lot about these trigger upgrades. I have a Mark 4 (not 22/45) and I don't hate the factory trigger. Maybe a little gritty but a nice clean break
    I didn’t hate the factory one either, until I installed this. It’s probably the sweetest trigger I’ve ever used
    I agree. I don’t like pic-rails. I like clean lines
    Isn't that a rail on the pistol in the first picture?
    Yes sir! I removed it
    Sweet! I love the gun, just hate red dots that sit too high off the bore center.
    100%
    this is a madmacs SMSc/R0 mount, co-witnesses with factory rear, and a taller front sight. Yes and the VQ trigger kit is awesome, removes the stupid mag safety too. View attachment 409688
    I kinda like that! What suppressor is that? I’m thinking about getting another one.
    I've got the Madmaccs on my Mark 4. Worked well. View attachment 409689
    That’s clean!!

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County

Oh but there is! There is a rear sight dovetail mount for Ruger's that allow a rds to be mounted. I put a Burris fastfire2 on my mk3 15 years ago and it is still going strong and clangs my 3" steel at 100 yards with boring accuracy.

(I ended up removing the front sight all together)

I believe this is what I used. https://farrow.tech/ruger-mk-i-ii-iii-iv-low-profile-red-dot-mount/

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Thanks brother!

I didn’t hate the factory one either, until I installed this. It’s probably the sweetest trigger I’ve ever used

I agree. I don’t like pic-rails. I like clean lines

Yes sir! I removed it

100%

I kinda like that! What suppressor is that? I’m thinking about getting another one.

That’s clean!!
    Rugged Oculus in K configuration

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom