• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • derrickonline

Sep 22, 2008
    I took my LCP to the range yesterday. OUCH! That thing is painful to shoot. I have the pearce grip extension (one finger) but shooting that little gun is not fun. I see what everyone meant when they said it's not a range gun. After shooting the LCP then shooting my Bersa .380 and Cougar 9mm what a world of difference. Pulling the trigger on a Bersa was like nothing. Pulling the trigger on that LCP was hard and the recoil was rough and painful to my fingers.

Anyway...I'm not good enough to give a quality range report. But I did put about 200 round through the gun no problem.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Believe me, I know all about it. I take my KT P3AT to the range every few months just to run some rounds through it and make sure it's functioning correctly since it's my primary carry gun. Not fun at all. Usually digs a chunk of skin out right next to my thumb nuckle. The recoil is hard but I can live with it, but I think I'm going to get a pair of shooting gloves for next time. It's certainly not a joy to shoot like my 1911, that's for sure. More like a chore than a joy.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    In a sick and twisted way, I liked shooting the LCP. But only for two mags, then I couldn't wait to get back to something more comfortable like .500 S&W. :rolleyes:

The LCP was most certainly painful for me to shoot, but I would do it again because it really was fun.

derrickonline

Sep 22, 2008
    That was painful, but loading the clips every 6 shots was annyoing too. But it's all worth it to carry a super light weight conceal carry weapon.

BlindViper

Mar 15, 2007
    felton, pennsylvania
    In a sick and twisted way, I liked shooting the LCP. But only for two mags, then I couldn't wait to get back to something more comfortable like .500 S&W. :rolleyes:

The LCP was most certainly painful for me to shoot, but I would do it again because it really was fun.

really you like a painful shooting experience:?
    IMG_1690.jpg

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA

Novus didn't have any problem with it, his 17th century duelling stance can handle anything:D

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    people don't buy em because they are fun to shoot - they buy so they can conceil almost anywhere and not be unarmed.

if you can conceil a full framed gun its always going to be better :)

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    i found with alucard's that if you grip real firm it takes out some of that ouch factor. like a seatbelt, if it's loose it kinda slams into you more and popped more. it did feel weird that you can feel it slide around in your hands on each recoil.

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    Alert. I do not even own a LCP ( yet?)...Top Glock has grip extensions for the LCP on sale right now for $11.99 and the offer ends 2/15/09...More grip, more comfort, maybe?.....Just FYI.

T-Bone

Mar 23, 2009
    Frederick/Germantown area
    Believe me, I know all about it. I take my KT P3AT to the range every few months just to run some rounds through it and make sure it's functioning correctly since it's my primary carry gun. Not fun at all. Usually digs a chunk of skin out right next to my thumb nuckle. The recoil is hard but I can live with it, but I think I'm going to get a pair of shooting gloves for next time. It's certainly not a joy to shoot like my 1911, that's for sure. More like a chore than a joy.

AKbythebay:::: I'm lookin down at my thumb now and I have that same chunk out next to my knuckle <<g>> I got mine from my NAA .32ACP Guardian--and I hate to tell ya but that was thru gloves! A pair of those $40.00 "Damascus Hand Armor" leather cop gloves! I was pissed, they have a hole now. Use a cheap pair when shootin that 'lil gun next time b/c it WILL grab your skin right thru the glove and rip them both. My .32 with 60gr. Corbons tears my thumb and stings my entire hand. I can imagine how that .380 must feel. How is yours on accuracy? If I ever need to shoot mine in SD I hope they're within about 7 feet!*LOL*.....T-Bone

T-Bone

Mar 23, 2009
    I took my LCP to the range yesterday. OUCH! That thing is painful to shoot. I have the pearce grip extension (one finger) but shooting that little gun is not fun. I see what everyone meant when they said it's not a range gun. After shooting the LCP then shooting my Bersa .380 and Cougar 9mm what a world of difference. Pulling the trigger on a Bersa was like nothing. Pulling the trigger on that LCP was hard and the recoil was rough and painful to my fingers.

Anyway...I'm not good enough to give a quality range report. But I did put about 200 round through the gun no problem.

Derrickonline:::: Man, you deserve a medal or some kinda prize for stickin with it & being able to put 200 rnds. thru that 'lil 'lcp' in one sitting! Thats incredible dude! Your hand must have felt like hamburger-(if you could feel it-lol)- :) T-Bone

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    You guys really need to discover thejoys of snub nosed revolvers. 5 or 6 rounds of .357 goodness and no chunks torn out of your hand! :innocent0

T-Bone

Mar 23, 2009
    You're right joppaj, I have a Charter2000 Bulldog Pug .44spl. 5-shot revolver thats a dream to shoot compared to the .32s & .380s... Its not THAT much heavier than the mouseguns especially when ya think of what yer trading fer. Five big fat .44s that go where ya aim instead of 6 or 7 'lil bee's flying in any direction they want to.
    With that 2" barrel tho its so loud it can wake the dead!*LOL*
    Just curious joppaj, I see you're a cop. Do you carry a "wheelgun" on duty? Maybe not as your primary but backup weapon? Thanks :)....T-Bone

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    The LCP is mild compared to the king of pain, Bond arms derringers, available in calibers like 44mag and 10mm:sick1:
    texas_defender_derringer.jpg

Firing one feels kinda like this;

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Charles of the Manor

Latest threads

Top Bottom