• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • i.c.spots

Jul 27, 2010
    Finksburg
    You know, I really didn't notice the recoil that much. But then I shoot shotguns all weekend. :rolleyes: In all seriousness, I was trying to concentrate on getting used to the trigger pull, and where it was gonna break, without flinching and jerking the gun down (and I've always had a bit of a problem with pushing the shots to the right). So I didn't notice the recoil. I expect that on double or triple taps (which I wasn't doing today) the recoil would be more noticeable as you were trying to keep the muzzle flip to a minimum for the next shot.

Truth be told, I think the LCP bucks way more than the LC9. In fact, I think that most .380's hurt when you shoot them. I always giggle when I see the movie Men in Black. Remember the part where Agent K hands Agent J the gun, with two fingers, called "The Cricket" - and it turns out to be a real cannon? The LCP is the Cricket! :lol2:

But, all in all, I thought the LC9's recoil was quite manageable - even more so when you consider that this isn't meant to be a competition gun. It's a SHTF gun for when you and your significant other are trying to enjoy a night at the opera and the social company takes a turn south.

Any chance you are left handed? I finally shot mine last weekend. Having owned a 380, the trigger pull (though long) or recoil (noticable but not abusive) didn't bother me that much. My issue was I was pulling my shots left (I am right handed). I put this down and shot the XDm-9 and everything was where I was shooting. Picked up the LC9 and I was pulling left again. Put some additional pressure on the left side of the trigger guard with the left forefinger and I was back on target.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom