• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SS396

Forum LEO whipping post
    Aug 19, 2013
    Frederick County
    I gave 22/45s to both of my boys. Definitely a pain to take apart and reassemble at first. I went to You Tube and copied a disassembly/reassembly video to "my videos". After referring to that a dozen times the process stuck. I also swapped the fat sights to something more suited to a target pistol.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    I gave 22/45s to both of my boys. Definitely a pain to take apart and reassemble at first. I went to You Tube and copied a disassembly/reassembly video to "my videos". After referring to that a dozen times the process stuck. I also swapped the fat sights to something more suited to a target pistol.

It's the shaking upside down or whatever it is to get the hammer in the right position that always messes me up.

SS396

Forum LEO whipping post
    Aug 19, 2013
    Frederick County
    It's the shaking upside down or whatever it is to get the hammer in the right position that always messes me up.

Yes and if you don't have the hammer in the right position the action can lock up. There's a video on this as well. You have to take a rubber mallet to the flat rear of the slide handle; give it a smack and it will unlock it. Had to do this once and it worked well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom