• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    You folks in Ron Young's district have a job to do in 2014. Get him out of Annapolis. No excuse for an anti (really ever, but hey...) in that part of the world.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    FWIW as an opinion, the entire Young family is doing their best to screw up wherever they live/rule. Blaine has screwed up Frederick County Government (pushing the PPP, firing over 100 employees and then all of a sudden he "finds" money and everybody gets a raise that year, etc...) and a lot of county employees are just waiting to vote him out the next chance they get. His dad, Ron seems like he needs to be voted out ASAP. Blaine's step mother is a City of Frederick Alderman and a decent number of City employees want to get her voted out ASAP.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    FWIW as an opinion, the entire Young family is doing their best to screw up wherever they live/rule. Blaine has screwed up Frederick County Government (pushing the PPP, firing over 100 employees and then all of a sudden he "finds" money and everybody gets a raise that year, etc...) and a lot of county employees are just waiting to vote him out the next chance they get. His dad, Ron seems like he needs to be voted out ASAP. Blaine's step mother is a City of Frederick Alderman and a decent number of City employees want to get her voted out ASAP.

^^^+1 And Blaine thinks he's going to be the next governor? :lol:

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    ^^^+1 And Blaine thinks he's going to be the next governor? :lol:

Normally I'd say anybody would be better than MOM, but then I look at the way Frederick County has been gutted and destroyed under his leadership. Then I realized that if he made governor, MD would go down the tubes less than 5 seconds later. I'd rather deal with MOM than Blaine Young and his cohorts.

We will be making a special point of Ron Young's stance at the Frederick NRA show.

Please include the link between Ron Young and Blaine Young. A lot of Frederick County voters will be there, and they will remember the small scale shellacking Blaine Young did as President of the BOCC, and therefore see what his father wants to do too.

Ripfubar

Dec 29, 2011
    CSC
    I think some may miss the point that this guy thinks he's representing hunters in that they may be "gun guys" but that only means shotguns and "hunting rifles"! Wait till he realizes most of his people probably have a nice semi auto shotgun.

DCSCO

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2008
    Frederick County
    I think Blaine has done a great job for Frederick county. He did what he said he would and has helped undo the damage from the previous board. He promised that he will not run again for commissioner. I disagree with his stance of pro-gambling. He is as pro 2a as anyone on MDS. If you think he is his father, you have not paid attention. He is small government.

His dad is the opposite.

Blaine is opposite from his dad.

Brother Robert is on the school board

paullwaull

Oct 2, 2012
    Does Blaine still have his radio show? If so, I think it would be great if he invited his dad on to debate this whole issue. I'll certainly tune in for that one.

We will be making a special point of Ron Young's stance at the Frederick NRA show.

This is a great idea :thumbsup:

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I think Blaine has done a great job for Frederick county. He did what he said he would and has helped undo the damage from the previous board. He promised that he will not run again for commissioner. I disagree with his stance of pro-gambling. He is as pro 2a as anyone on MDS. If you think he is his father, you have not paid attention. He is small government.

His dad is the opposite.

Blaine is opposite from his dad.

Brother Robert is on the school board

Do you work for Frederick County Government?

DCSCO

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2008
    Frederick County
    Do you work for Frederick County Government?

No I don't work for city, county, state or federal government, and don't want to see government labor screwed. But he did what had to be done to make the county government sustainable with tax income. The basic common sense stuff that congress should be doing. Live within our means.

He is the opposite of his father. I don't want people to get them confused.

Ron Young = Big D democrat
    Blaine Young = Regan republican. Pro 2A. Pro CCW. Pro fair tax. Pro economic development in Frederick County so we can live and work here.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    What is the voter turnout for these state elections? It can't be that high, right?

If every gun owner showed up on election day we could get these weasels out of office, right?

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia

Blaine Young = Regan republican. Pro 2A. Pro CCW. Pro fair tax. Pro economic development in Frederick County so we can live and work here.

I agree Blaine has been good for Frederick County. He's fiscally very conservative and very pro-2A

I called and emailed Ron Yougs office this morning. Lets let him feel the heat!

James Senate Office Building, Room 316
    11 Bladen St., Annapolis, MD 21401
    (410) 841-3575, (301) 858-3575
    1-800-492-7122, ext. 3575 (toll free)
    e-mail: ronald.young@senate.state.md.us
    fax: (410) 841-3193, (301) 858-3193
    253 East Church St., Suite 100, Frederick, MD 21701
    (301) 662-8520

wklohr

Stand Ye Steady!
    Jul 9, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    I had pinged Mr. Ron Young recently and received a response from his assistant, Ms Dunn, but her response did NOT include the same info as cited above, i.e. that he is openly opposed to citizens possessing fully automatic and semi-automatic firearms.

I pinged him again once Gov O'Malley issued his plans for legislation, again stating my opposition to that legislation.

And I pinged him again just now and pointed out that I felt his lack of openness in the first email was purposeful obfuscation of his anti-gun position, and that I just learned he requested to be a co-sponsor on SB281 (not 218 as noted above). Furthermore, I pointed out that his lack of understanding regarding the difference between fully automatic and semi-automatic firearms is disturbing since he is attempting to make laws about the 2nd amendment. I encouraged him to rethink his position and the validity of that position regarding violence, magazine size and the proposed legisaltion.

I have never written so many emails to legislators as I have in the last four weeks. Argh!

teqmod

redneck gun toting member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Downey Oshunn
    They redistricted Frederick County to get rid of Bartlett. Now he is gone and MoCo mentality is here.

Correction: Delaney actually beat Bartlett, my mistake. Still think Young is not in touch with his voters

Last edited:

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    No I don't work for city, county, state or federal government, and don't want to see government labor screwed. But he did what had to be done to make the county government sustainable with tax income. The basic common sense stuff that congress should be doing. Live within our means.

FWIW, If you don't know what truly went on behind the scenes, then you don't know the crap he did/tried to pull. He wanted to lay off a lot of county employees, just because he wanted to do the PPP (Public Private Partnership) with a company that hasn't truly made a county government sustainable off of those practices. When county employees didn't get a raise of CoL increase for almost 5 years, he lays off 120 people and then magically finds 15 million to 150 million, just laying around. Where was that money 3 days before? Blaine isn't concerned with the people that he really works for in the County, nor his employees when he attempts to put the screws to them every chance he gets. When a family member works for a self sustaining division in the county (meaning they generate their own money thru fees) and that division creates their own budget, pays their own payroll, their own retirement, etc... There is no reason on earth he should cut that division and sent it over to a PPP. Oh wait, he wanted to do it because that division has budget surpluses that Blaine and the rest of the BOCC could not legally get their fingers on, due to those funds belonging to organizations that were set up as private enterprise - government.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom