• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    A 24x36 poster for the Frederick expo with this quote is at the printer right now.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    And now Ron Young's wife Karen plans to run for Mayor of Frederick.

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sections/news/displayUpdate.htm?StoryID=146101

We need to get Ron out, and keep her out, in 2014.

Amen. We need to get the entire Young "clan" out of politics come the next election.

Karen is Blaine Young's wife..

Just noticed Ron's wife is named Karen as well...It is Ron's wife.. you're right!

Karen, the city alderman is actually Blaine's step mother. She is not his biological mother, no matter how they spin it. Karen (older one) is a nasty piece of work. Her a mayor of Frederick would be worse than Jim Grimes, Jen ____, or any of the others over the past 20 years, combined.

baltimorelaw

Mar 27, 2009
    I received this one from him today - how does this guy get elected in that district?! :sad20:

Thank you for contacting Senator Young’s office regarding gun control. Senator Young understands the importance of this issue and its effect on Maryland

Senator Young strongly supports the 2nd Amendment. The Senators vote however, first goes to children and their safety. The Senator is asking to limit the size of magazines, wanting better background checks and eliminating assault weapons. Senator Young does not believe that instituting theses measures would violate the 2nd Amendment. The Senator has no problem with hunter rifles or with a handgun at home for protection.

Thank you again for your comments. If you would like to share any additional comments of concern regarding this, or any other, issue, please do not hesitate to contact our office via email, Ronald.Young@senate.state.md.us.

Again, thank you for bringing your position on this issue to Senator Young’s attention.

Sincerely,

Caitlin Dunn
    Constituent Aide
    Senator Ronald Young
    District 3, Frederick and Washington Counties

wklohr

Stand Ye Steady!
    Jul 9, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    I pasted this response above into an email to the Senator just now. They continue to show, even by their word choices ("hunter rifle"), that they are not even rudimentarily aware of the firearms culture in MD and this legislation is knee jerk at best.

Ranger Tom

Jan 28, 2013
    Woodsboro MD
    I was at the NRA show Sunday and the topic of Ron Young came up, liberal democrat, big goverment, definitely not a proponent of 2A, current wife is the same. Blain, his son, is the oposite of his old man.
    I worked for the county and wondered how the government could waste money like they did aand sleep at night. Blain has my blessing, keeping taxes down and getting rid of the deadwood.

racinghoss

Missing Alaska
    Nov 3, 2008
    I sent him another email, worded differently. We'll see if his office responds. He may be a lost cause though. Remember that on election day.

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    Ron was installed by Annapolis. He was a popular mayor in the city did a lot of things so they dredged him up and ran him against Mooney. I have no love the Sen Mooney having had to work with him on a few issues but they ran scorched earth against the guy, accused him of wife beating etc. It was ugly, I have no idea if he is going to run again but the county is very red outside the city. It can be done but it needs to get out.

OH and BTW I work for the County and could really say a few things when I have time. But FWIW I would love to unleash Blaine on Annapolis. A wrescking ball is whats needed in so many areas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom