• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brentC

Jun 14, 2020
    I am pretty sure i welcomed you in the introductions page , i try to do that for all new members . Sorry if i missed you , so welcome to MDS .

Social media is a real mother these days , i mention on my FB page i will never watch the Ravens and some Antifa azz-hole says that is not very Christian Like .

I am still trying to figure out the connection of Me watching Football and me being a Christian but hey like i said this world is tense .

If the Anti's or Fa's think they will win i got some swamp land that you can build on .

MC Hammer thing was because you said you were "Legit" Too legit to quit ...It had nothing to do with a ban hammer .
    got it lol. no offense taken. all love over here. :beer:

Rob00taws6

Apr 4, 2013
    I don’t speak my mind enough here, I do read a lot of posts. This kid Kyle composed himself better than I in this given situation. The differences is I never wanted to be a police officer. The job is not for me. I would have never put myself in that situation.

This situation truly consumes my thoughts on a macro level. What if the shoe were on the other foot, politically. Let’s say the people chasing Kyle were a bunch of tea party people and Kyle was a BLM protester? Would the story have the same outcome? My brain and heart tell me, NO.

Another situation I came across was as follows. What if this same situation came about under a different administration, let’s say the executive branch and the Senate were flipped. Do you think we would all be squashed like a bunch of useful idiots? Unfortunately, I think the answer is yes.

Look, like it or not. The idea of America and the enlightenment has been hated for a very long time. Very powerful people despite party affiliation want to remold our society. That has happen under our noses for a long time. I like and enjoy my way of life. There are some issues that could be better here in Maryland. I own a few guns, that’s why I am here. Because I own guns I hold myself to a higher standard of responsibility than most. I feel that we all can do with a little more thinking before acting. One observation, if you read multiple articles, across a search engine. The pen has indeed become mightier than the gun.

gremlin42

Apr 16, 2020
    variable
    This situation truly consumes my thoughts on a macro level. What if the shoe were on the other foot, politically. Let’s say the people chasing Kyle were a bunch of tea party people and Kyle was a BLM protester? Would the story have the same outcome? My brain and heart tell me, NO.

I've been using that to try to frame things for my friends to the left. Everything is so tribal right now that when some violence happens, the first place everyone goes is "what team is each of these people on" and then the details get selectively edited to fit the narrative. So I know people who have convinced themselves (even after being confronted with all the details and sequence of events) that Rittenhouse is some white supremacist who went there looking for a mass shooting. Talking people down from this requires something like building a legal case, they'll concede points, but later they slide back into their ideology and now I'm a 'bootlicker' (I'm more or less a centrist, which means I can get accused of being anything depending on who I piss off in a debate). I think everyone's getting played and this eye for an eye shit will keep accelerating.

I've been watching The Last Dance on Netflix (great series) and thinking maybe everyone's just really missing a normal sports season.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    There may be more info out there that has not come to light yet, but from what I see so far, there is no way the kid get's convicted of murder. The big one for me is the interview right before the shooting. The kid comes across as a well intentioned citizen looking to help, not as a psycho killer. Avoidable all the way around but it is what it is.

Not that I'd get myself into a situation like this but this situation has me thinking:
    Weapon retention. Absent the sling the kid, or more, could be dead.
    Weapon capacity/reloads. Kid would have been hard pressed to reload while getting pummeled on the ground.
    IIRC the AR was a S&W. For this situation the budget AR was up to the job just as well as a high end AR.

There is a fine line between civilization and anarchy and, thanks to elected Dem. politicians, we are seeing how fine the line is. Wife beaters, child rapists, and other miscreants join the rioters and looters as they all have a common thread; criminal element, hence, anti-civilization/law enforcement. Why pay taxes if the government can't provide the essentials of government?

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    I don’t speak my mind enough here, I do read a lot of posts. This kid Kyle composed himself better than I in this given situation. The differences is I never wanted to be a police officer. The job is not for me. I would have never put myself in that situation.

Another situation I came across was as follows. What if this same situation came about under a different administration, let’s say the executive branch and the Senate were flipped. Do you think we would all be squashed like a bunch of useful idiots? Unfortunately, I think the answer is yes.

Look, like it or not. The idea of America and the enlightenment has been hated for a very long time. Very powerful people despite party affiliation want to remold our society. That has happen under our noses for a long time. I like and enjoy my way of life. There are some issues that could be better here in Maryland. I own a few guns, that’s why I am here. Because I own guns I hold myself to a higher standard of responsibility than most. I feel that we all can do with a little more thinking before acting. One observation, if you read multiple articles, across a search engine. The pen has indeed become mightier than the gun.

The vast majority of violence, if not all, is coming from the LEFT not the RIGHT. Tea Party oldsters with canes and walkers chasing Antifa makes me think of a Benny Hill skit:D

I agree with you about holding a higher personal standard, but what if your vehicle breaks down (or whatever scenario you choose) and you are swarmed by a mob seeking to harm you. Unexpected things do happen and there are some worthwhile take aways from this.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    I've been using that to try to frame things for my friends to the left. Everything is so tribal right now that when some violence happens, the first place everyone goes is "what team is each of these people on" and then the details get selectively edited to fit the narrative. So I know people who have convinced themselves (even after being confronted with all the details and sequence of events) that Rittenhouse is some white supremacist who went there looking for a mass shooting. Talking people down from this requires something like building a legal case, they'll concede points, but later they slide back into their ideology and now I'm a 'bootlicker' (I'm more or less a centrist, which means I can get accused of being anything depending on who I piss off in a debate). I think everyone's getting played and this eye for an eye shit will keep accelerating.

I've been watching The Last Dance on Netflix (great series) and thinking maybe everyone's just really missing a normal sports season.

I make it a point to never get in a discussion with an idiot. If someone can't hear a point, analyze that point, and respond in an intelligent fashion, I'm wasting my time. This tribalism thing is more than that; I think it's a mental disorder. Now where is my DSM-5 book?:D

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    I've got him were clear the officer exclaims. That says everything about that night. Just horrible Americans shooting violent Americans....this has to stop.

x3

I kid cleans up graffiti, life guards. Goes medics protestors... Gets shot at chased down defends self with poise beyond his years. Kills a couple felons... wounds a guy that proclaims he want to empty his Glock into him?

Please Clarify.
    I have yet to find a non felon leftist instigator.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    But..but..but..it was a Trump militiaman that shot and killed two innocent protesters. Getting so sick and tired hearing the talking heads say this. Seem to ignore the fact that Kyle was being chased and attacked and only shot at the three people that physically assaulted him. No indiscriminate shooting that I saw. Too bad about the three church going choirboys he shot.

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    But..but..but..it was a Trump militiaman that shot and killed two innocent protesters. Getting so sick and tired hearing the talking heads say this. Seem to ignore the fact that Kyle was being chased and attacked and only shot at the three people that physically assaulted him. No indiscriminate shooting that I saw. Too bad about the three church going choirboys he shot.

This! As far as three "choirboys" - Too Bad!

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Coming to a theatre near you

Attachments

• 05153FAB-01A0-4432-BD55-88C6E850E341.jpg
      05153FAB-01A0-4432-BD55-88C6E850E341.jpg
      47.8 KB · Views: 324

kcbrown

Super Genius
    Jun 16, 2012
    Apologies for welcoming you to the site with a message like this, but hey, maybe it'll make for interesting, if animated, conversation! :)

I can't tell if you've changed your views on what happened somewhat since it happened, so my apologies if you have and what follows is no longer applicable ...

I agree.. it’s always some bad apples in the bunch. I believe in peaceful protest.. I don’t believe in rioting and ****ing people’s shit up. That comes with consequences.

Does it now? What "consequences" would those be, in the absence of armed citizens like this kid, when the police have been instructed to let it happen?

You say that the kid was unjustified in shooting. What do you think he should have done, just let them kill him? Do you think he should have gone there unarmed (remember that rendering first aid is one of his stated reasons for being there), so that the mob could have simply had their way with him? Do you think that he and everyone else who are inclined to protect the property and people in the city should just stay away and let the looting, rioting mob burn the whole place to the ground? If so, then when is it enough for you??

Do you want the kid dead? Or is your belief in the goodness of man so complete that it blinds you to the evil that is plainly visible in the videos and other evidence that has surfaced about the Kenosha events?

Exactly what do you think cleanly separates a responsible 17 year old from a responsible 18 year old?

Just to reiterate the facts that have already been laid bare (if not here, then in the arfcom thread linked to in the first item below):

1. He was legally armed (the Wisconsin law with respect to carrying is not the clearest in the world, but it appears that it allows possession by a 17-year-old of a full-length rifle. See here and here, the latter of which is the original poster in that thread saying that he now believes that the kid was legally carrying).
    2. The rifle was apparently loaned to him by an in-state resident, and thus there isn't an issue with the rifle crossing state lines except perhaps when he returned home
    3. He and the group he apparently joined up with once he arrived there had apparently interacted with the police and the police seemed appreciative of their presence (see the first post of the thread I linked to above)

In the eyes of the law, he was acting legally in exactly the same way an 18 year old could.

If you still, despite all of the above, believe he acted irresponsibly, then you clearly must believe the same thing of anyone older than him who would attempt to protect property, which goes right back to the question of when exactly it's enough for you before you're willing to concede that one of the reasons for the militia as mentioned in the 2nd Amendment is the protection of life and property from the predations of criminals and mobs. Perhaps when all of our cities are smoking ruins?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom