• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    To me it goes back to the presumption of guilt or innocence...under a normal circumstance, shots fired, police respond. Not knowing where the shots originated everyone that was/is armed on the ground. The police would lock down the scene until they know what is going on, agreed?

In this situation you had ppl shouting and probably pointing that the kid just shot someone. They're pointing to the guy calmly walking down the middle of the street...the local LE drive right by him...

This is speculation now...Did the police in the armored vehicles recognize him from earlier, when they were handing out water? if they did, the assumption is he's not the shooter. He looks like us.

This is reality now..if it was a minority person holding that long gun be honest what would have been the outcome? The presumption of guilt is 80-90% always on the non-white individual, fact!

I saw misdemeanor records that allegedly belong to the 17yr old, if TRUE, he was passed through the system with hand slaps since he was 14. I agree with another poster here who said, he was 17, why was he out there. Isn't 18 the legal age to posses a firearm...so that tells me his parents may be facing charges too..
    I’d welcome a link to the 17 year olds record...

First I’ve heard of it.

brentC

Jun 14, 2020
    11 posts away!!

ddd-588x620.png

:lol:

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    nothing wrong with having folks around that don't share the exact same view as you lol.

Certainly true. When those are opinion/world-view differences formed by having different premises and value systems, and it's THOSE differences that are being hashed out.

BUT: making posts that assert an alternate reality of facts, and then pushing policy positions or public discourse based on that fiction is another matter entirely. This forum is full of people coming at the same facts from different angles, life experiences, and desired outcomes. Lots of nuances. The site culture encourages that. What the site tends to stomp into dust are people who become argumentative while clinging to and continuing to promote demonstrably false narratives.

Case in point: the notion that the 17 year old was shooting in anything other than a self-defense capacity. That topic - based on video we can all watch - solidly portrays self defense. Sticking to "being beaten on the head by a grown man with a heavy object doesn't justify self defense" or "having a guy running at you with a Glock as he and his mob are shouting about harming you doesn't justify self defense" or "a guy who's been yelling threats at you for some time and then starts moving at you in a threatening way, chases you, throws heavy objects at your head, and then as you are trying to run away, corners you and keeps coming at you doesn't justify self defense" ... sticking with that conclusion for the sake of being contrary quickly turns into Just Being Here To Troll.

Per the old saw, we're entitled to our own opinions, but not our own facts. There have been folks who've wandered through this forum dead set on stirring the pot with loud positions built around a counter-factual house of cards. There's a real pattern to it, and old hands can spot them a mile away. Some of those shit-stirrers are clearly just not wired up right, emotionally. Others are clearly on a shit-stirring mission and just pretend they can't take on actual information when it's presented.

That's the measure of trollishness: does the provision of simple facts change the person's tone and output? Does watching a video of a kid being beaten alter one's insistence that he's not justified in defending himself from that beating? That's a super simple yes or no kinda thing. If the answer is "no," but the arguing continues, that's usually when the hammer comes flying in.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I think what everyone is missing is that Jacob Blake the guy who took 7 will hopefully still be charged with all kinds of charges. burning and looting doesn't absolve your crimes.

Sonewhere I saw comments from Major Media Personalities who were baffled by the fact that the Hero, Jacob Blake is handcuffed to his hospital bed. They couldn't understand why.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Sonewhere I saw comments from Major Media Personalities who were baffled by the fact that the Hero, Jacob Blake is handcuffed to his hospital bed. They couldn't understand why.

Well....he is a paraplegic, I hear. He's not running away.

brentC

Jun 14, 2020
    Certainly true. When those are opinion/world-view differences formed by having different premises and value systems, and it's THOSE differences that are being hashed out.

BUT: making posts that assert an alternate reality of facts, and then pushing policy positions or public discourse based on that fiction is another matter entirely. This forum is full of people coming at the same facts from different angles, life experiences, and desired outcomes. Lots of nuances. The site culture encourages that. What the site tends to stomp into dust are people who become argumentative while clinging to and continuing to promote demonstrably false narratives.

Case in point: the notion that the 17 year old was shooting in anything other than a self-defense capacity. That topic - based on video we can all watch - solidly portrays self defense. Sticking to "being beaten on the head by a grown man with a heavy object doesn't justify self defense" or "having a guy running at you with a Glock as he and his mob are shouting about harming you doesn't justify self defense" or "a guy who's been yelling threats at you for some time and then starts moving at you in a threatening way, chases you, throws heavy objects at your head, and then as you are trying to run away, corners you and keeps coming at you doesn't justify self defense" ... sticking with that conclusion for the sake of being contrary quickly turns into Just Being Here To Troll.

Per the old saw, we're entitled to our own opinions, but not our own facts. There have been folks who've wandered through this forum dead set on stirring the pot with loud positions built around a counter-factual house of cards. There's a real pattern to it, and old hands can spot them a mile away. Some of those shit-stirrers are clearly just not wired up right, emotionally. Others are clearly on a shit-stirring mission and just pretend they can't take on actual information when it's presented.

That's the measure of trollishness: does the provision of simple facts change the person's tone and output? Does watching a video of a kid being beaten alter one's insistence that he's not justified in defending himself from that beating? That's a super simple yes or no kinda thing. If the answer is "no," but the arguing continues, that's usually when the hammer comes flying in.

i can fully respect that statement. appreciate the perspective.

brentC

Jun 14, 2020
    Well....he is a paraplegic, I hear. He's not running away.

i guess its the optics of it all.. but he definitely isn't getting up and walking away. i guess the assumption is that he will pull a wolf on wallstreet and slowly crawl away.. thats after he ripped the IV out his arm. :rolleyes: :)

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    I saw misdemeanor records that allegedly belong to the 17yr old, if TRUE, he was passed through the system with hand slaps since he was 14. I agree with another poster here who said, he was 17, why was he out there. Isn't 18 the legal age to posses a firearm...so that tells me his parents may be facing charges too..

So you are blaming the victim? Three known felons caught on video being the aggressors. Seems odd BLM/ANTIFA has such a high rate of felon participation? no?
    Leaders needed to stop this before it go this far. Truth is Democrat leaders don't want disenfranchise their base. They wont stand up to lawlessness. It is sad a 17 year has to protect society from decaying in a world run by leftists.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    i guess its the optics of it all.. but he definitely isn't getting up and walking away. i guess the assumption is that he will pull a wolf on wallstreet and slowly crawl away.. thats after he ripped the IV out his arm. :rolleyes: :)

When I was a resident, we had a recurring ER patient who had a hemicorporectomy. That is where they cut you in half above the pelvis. Long story as to why. He was a junkie and would come in for overdoses and infections. A few times he ripped the IV out and trucked out of the ER on his hands. We called him "Tumbleweed".

brentC

Jun 14, 2020
    When I was a resident, we had a recurring ER patient who had a hemicorporectomy. That is where they cut you in half above the pelvis. Long story as to why. He was a junkie and would come in for overdoses and infections. A few times he ripped the IV out and trucked out of the ER on his hands. We called him "Tumbleweed".

should have child proof gated his ass. :lol:

brentC

Jun 14, 2020
    So you are blaming the victim? Three known felons caught on video being the aggressors. Seems odd BLM/ANTIFA has such a high rate of felon participation? no?
    Leaders needed to stop this before it go this far. Truth is Democrat leaders don't want disenfranchise their base. They wont stand up to lawlessness. It is sad a 17 year has to protect society from decaying in a world run by leftists.

any proof that the "three known felons" were BLM/ANTIFA? i'd love to take a peak at a link.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I'll expect to see some sudden activation of some other accounts shortly that we are watching.

Three points of correlating data is not a coincidence.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 11.47.30 AM.png
      Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 11.47.30 AM.png
      1.1 KB · Views: 285
    • Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 11.48.08 AM.png
      Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 11.48.08 AM.png
      1.3 KB · Views: 278
    • Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 11.48.27 AM.png
      Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 11.48.27 AM.png
      1.4 KB · Views: 296

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts