• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Borlandrs

Noob
    Feb 22, 2014
    Leonardtown, MD
    Well, John, I know I'm in a small minority, but Easter Sunday will be a no go for us. But the Saturday prior would be awesome. :)

By the way, Gabe took us down for our first time shooting our new pistols on Saturday. Weather was fabulous, we met a few other very friendly shooters, got some coaching, and had such a great time. All the range improvements are really amazing. Can't wait to get my application submitted in May!

Rob

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Well, John, I know I'm in a small minority, but Easter Sunday will be a no go for us. But the Saturday prior would be awesome. :)

Rob -- Hopefully you're not too much of a minority on this point.:sad20: Unfortunately, most other dates in April are already booked -up. Only Saturday the 6th and Sunday the 19th are feasible for rescheduling dates.

All -- Would one or the other of those dates be preferable?

By the way, Gabe took us down for our first time shooting our new pistols on Saturday. Weather was fabulous, we met a few other very friendly shooters, got some coaching, and had such a great time. All the range improvements are really amazing. Can't wait to get my application submitted in May! Rob

Glad to hear it. I ran into Gabe as he was prepping for you-all's visit. You will find that the Club is a GREAT group of folks.

The website has old data on the limitations of when you can put-in your application. They can be submitted anytime. Please send yours in ASAP.

John

FTJoe

Aug 27, 2012
    SOMD
    john
    double check your dates vs days. april 6 is sunday and the 19th is a Saturday.
    my 1st vote is for saturday the 19th, but will try to make any as this is a very fun event.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    john
    double check your dates vs days. april 6 is sunday and the 19th is a Saturday.
    my 1st vote is for saturday the 19th, but will try to make any as this is a very fun event.

urk! Brain-fart on my part again.

Joe is correct -- thanks for the sharp eyes. The alternative choices are Sunday, 06 April or Saturday, 19 April.

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    Since your asking for opinions, I'm fine as is scheduled or Saturday the 19th. I'm out for the 6th. Easter Sunday might make a good family day shoot.

YD215

Nov 30, 2013
    Hollywood
    I had a great time shooting. That was my first ever shooting match. I learned a lot and look forward to many more. Need some work on the pistol side. Well I guess its not to bad for a borrowed gun I have never shot before. Now I am working on getting my own. Did good on rifle however I think I could have done better. That was only the second day using a new optic. Since everyone is throwing out dates for the next one. The 19th would be the only one I can attend. Look forward to seeing everyone again.

Patrick

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I had a great time shooting. That was my first ever shooting match. I learned a lot and look forward to many more. Need some work on the pistol side. Well I guess its not to bad for a borrowed gun I have never shot before. Now I am working on getting my own. Did good on rifle however I think I could have done better. That was only the second day using a new optic. Since everyone is throwing out dates for the next one. The 19th would be the only one I can attend. Look forward to seeing everyone again.

Patrick

You did very well for being first timer.

:)

MikeCee

May 8, 2013
    Sorry that Arianna and I missed the March shoot! And we'd been doing so well on our attendance!

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Sorry I had to miss it also. My right knee was just not doing to good after the Peacemaker 3-gun event on Sat. Since your new April date falls on a weekend between the York 3man/3gun and the PSA Shootout I am tentatively saying I will make the April match.

Bigpops

Open Shooters Unite!!
    Sep 30, 2010
    SoMd.
    If I bring Monkey, and the new Henry he got for Christmas....anyone have a cowboy hat he can borrow? :)

Steve

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    If I bring Monkey, and the new Henry he got for Christmas....anyone have a cowboy hat he can borrow? :)Steve

I have a hat for him, a Spee-D-Loader, and a couple 22LR revolvers if he wants to go full-on Cowboy.

PhotoRacer said:
    Sorry I had to miss it also. My right knee was just not doing to good after the Peacemaker 3-gun event on Sat. Since your new April date falls on a weekend between the York 3man/3gun and the PSA Shootout I am tentatively saying I will make the April match.

I figured the impending ugly weather had held you up, Kent. We very much look forward to shooting with you in April. :)

MikeCee said:
    Sorry that Arianna and I missed the March shoot! And we'd been doing so well on our attendance!

I figured that the incoming weather was a deterrent for you-all as well. We'll have better weather in April, I am certain.

Borlandrs

Noob
    Feb 22, 2014
    Leonardtown, MD
    So reading the Ruger Rimfire rules thing, it looks like it is geared toward folks shooting pistol AND rifle. I've got my SR22 i'm itching to shoot on the 19th, but my only rifle is bolt action with one 8-round mag. The last time I shot it was about 35 years ago. Do people do just pistol at these things?

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    So reading the Ruger Rimfire rules thing, it looks like it is geared toward folks shooting pistol AND rifle. I've got my SR22 i'm itching to shoot on the 19th, but my only rifle is bolt action with one 8-round mag. The last time I shot it was about 35 years ago. Do people do just pistol at these things?

You CAN shoot this match with bolt-guns -- you'll shoot in the "Manually-operated" class. But you'll need at least 10-round mags and you'll need more than one.

We always have loaner guns (rifles and pistols) for folks to use. We'll have a choice between 10/22s and AR-15 rifles for you to borrow on Saturday. Both are good platforms for getting back into this game.

Shooting just a handgun would mean that you're only shooting 1/2 of the CoF. It would be boring as you would be doing a lotta thumb-twiddling.

Jacqueline

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Mar 1, 2013
    Combined Rifle & Pistol Matches using 22LR firearms.

We host matches at Sanner's Lake Sportsmen's Club on the third Sunday of each month. Safety-briefing is at 0900. Matches are open to the public -- show-up between 0800 - 0900.

The rules are attached. Our only exception is that we DO allow "hi-cap" mags.

Loaner guns are available.

Prizes include Beretta NEOS pistols that are raffled-off among the participants.

Match-director is John Mountjoy, mountjoyjw@yahoo.com. Feel free to post any questions on this thread.

John

P.S. If you ammo-shelf is bone-dry and you cannot find 22LR anywhere else, we hope:fingerscrossed: to have Federal Target Ammo for sale at our cost (~$32 / 350 rnd "brick"). But please don't buy from us just to preserve your "hoard" -- that is un-cool:sad20:. JWM
    Saturday April 19th Registation at 8:00 and Match @ 9:00

Sanner’s Lake Sportsmen’s Club Lexington Park

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom