• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Planned Stages for this Saturday

Attached are the planned/draft stages for this Saturday.

The current prize-gun is a Beretta ARX-160 22LR rifle.

ROs: Please arrive at the clubhouse by 0830 for orientation of the Nook as we'll be trying-out electronic scoring for this match.

Hope to see you there.:party29:

Happy Easter!

Attachments

• RF Steel CoF - 19 April 2014.pdf
      777 KB · Views: 129

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Match Report for Today's Event

We had a good turn-out today, with a number of new participants and a lotta the old crowd returning now that the weather is improving. Our appetite for donuts has seemed to survive the Winter.

Note that we discarded Stage #4 (the Rimfire Plate Rack) from the match's scores due to persistent target malfunctions.:mad54:

The electronic scoring had some glitches, so it's good that we had planned to fall-back on paper. We'll try to have the bugs in the electronic scoring system worked-out by next month.

Congratulations to Dave, Kent, and Joe for their impressive performance today. Also congrats to all of our participants.

Our next match is planned for Sunday, May 18th. We hope to see you there.

Attachments

• SLSC-NSSF Rimfire Steel Match Scoresheet -- 19 April 2014 (Rev1).JPG
      SLSC-NSSF Rimfire Steel Match Scoresheet -- 19 April 2014 (Rev1).JPG
      135.2 KB · Views: 359
    Last edited:

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I didn't bother to put that I was senior on my entry. Too bad you had to dump stage 4, I might have won if they were included (or I might have finshed even lower who knows).
    Had a good time down there. Need to eliminate that possible bad magazine also. Good excuse for why I didn't win (you always need a good excuse in your back pocket for that defeat you don't want to blame on just bad shooting). When I went up to the Lewistown Rifle and Pistol club in March to try their Rimfire Challenge I finished 2nd there also (one missed target I think did me in).

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    I didn't bother to put that I was senior on my entry. Too bad you had to dump stage 4, I might have won if they were included (or I might have finshed even lower who knows).
    Had a good time down there. Need to eliminate that possible bad magazine also. Good excuse for why I didn't win (you always need a good excuse in your back pocket for that defeat you don't want to blame on just bad shooting). When I went up to the Lewistown Rifle and Pistol club in March to try their Rimfire Challenge I finished 2nd there also (one missed target I think did me in).

I'll fix the "Senior" thing on the scoresheet.

It was very good shooting with you Kent. We hope to see you next time.:thumbsup:

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    So John, who won the Baretta? What a great rifle, so fun to shoot!

Glad you liked the Beretta ARX-160 rifle. It is a nice gun. :D

We haven't yet drawn for the prize-gun. We need to collect enough match revenues to cover expenses before holding the drawing. It'll probably be another couple-three matches before we can draw for the Beretta.
    That means that you'll have at least one more chance to get a raffle-ticket or two.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Match Report for 18 May 2014

It was a beautiful day and everyone shot well.

Special kudos to Joe, Zane, and Tim who ended-up at the top of the heap.:party29:

Also, as always, subscribe to this thread to be kept posted on any changes/updates to this match-program.

Posted on behalf of Doc & Chris.

Attachments

• SLSC Rimfire Challenge Match Report - 18 May 2014 (Rev#1).jpg
      SLSC Rimfire Challenge Match Report - 18 May 2014 (Rev#1).jpg
      60.3 KB · Views: 304

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    SLSC NSSF Monthly Rimfire Challenge Match 15 June 2014

All,

Pleased to announce our next monthly match. Request that all shooters register via the Eventbrite link below:
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/slsc-mo...ts-11679083453

We will have NOOK scoring capability for this next match, and scoring should go very smooth. In order to speed up the squadding and registration, would really appreciate everyone that intends to shoot, please use the EventBrite.

We will have 2 longer distance stages for this match on the Bullseye Pistol range. COF is still being designed, but plan on a 300 round count.

Look forward to seeing you all Sunday morning at 0800 for squadding and registration, safety brief will be at 0900.

Respectfully,

Chris Moriarty

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    August 17th Match Info

Sign-up here for the August match. Advance sign-up helps us with set-up of electronic scoring.

Note that prices are $10 for guests and $5 for members. The prices given in the EventBrite sign-up are incorrect, although it is possible that the fees will be increasing in the near future.

Planned CoFs for this match are attached. 4 stages & 290 minimum round-count.

We'll hope to see you there!

Attachments

• Rimfire Steel Match - August 17th 2014 CoFs.pdf
      769.8 KB · Views: 113

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Shooters, thanks for coming out today. Was a great match! We will add a question to the Eventbrite Registration link for next month to identify any "new shooters" to aid with level loading of squads.

Scores are posted on Practiscore.com, Thanks to the RO's and Scorekeepers, no issues with the Nook scoring at all. Appreciate that. Here is the link to the scores, and hope to see you all next month!
    https://www.practiscore.com/results....2-c9ce8f20ff64

Matches are the third Sunday of each month. Show-up 0815 - 0855 and we generally hold the Match-Brief at 0900 - 0910 and go "hot" by 0930. Matches are generally done by 2 PM.

FTJoe

Aug 27, 2012
    SOMD
    is there a match for october? the sanner's lake calendar says this weekend, but haven't received an email to sign up like i have in the past, nor has this thread been updated to show a new sign up link. or maybe it's canceled for this month?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom