• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vendicator

Nov 5, 2010
    Point In Note,

You have a lot of good guys over at MSP, including the Firearm Unit. They can't say it but I can. The Guys and Gals in that Unit for the most point enjoy shooting as much as the rest of us. In fact if their jobs were not on the line most would openly agree with you and stamp Approved on a very large percentage of the Applications.

However everyone would like to keep their job and I believe we all know it's not the guys working the Firearm Unit behind the Denials. They are working under pressure from their Command who in turn are being pressured by the Anti-Gun Politicians in Annapolis.

Lets put the blame where it belongs, and it belongs in Annapolis. This is not going to be an easy fight but it can be won.

Ed

I had added an edit on a comment I made after my original post, stating that in no way did I mean to come off as placing blame on the officers doing their job. I agree with you 100% - All LEO's have my support and my respect.

I suppose I should have thought out the title a little more. I just picked the title since the MSP are the ones who handle the reviews and what not for the CCWs. They are just doing their job, and following the laws (crappy ones) that are in place.

I would hope, however, that those higher ups in the MSP, those who have some influence, would do what they could to support us in our efforts to be able to exercise our constitutional rights.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Many things in life we blame the police for that are really the fault of the government.

Wiley-X

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 25, 2011
    However everyone would like to keep their job

This goes hand in hand with the strange idea that the police and military would not willing confiscate guns from private citizens. They would because they want to keep their nice jobs and benefits.

edhallor

Feb 23, 2010
    Aberdeen
    This goes hand in hand with the strange idea that the police and military would not willing confiscate guns from private citizens. They would because they want to keep their nice jobs and benefits.
    That only goes so far. As we have seen in the former USSR and currently in some of the Middle Eastern Countries there comes a breaking point with Government that Military and Police join the People in a general Revolt.

In many cases this turns out very, very bad with a Military Dictatorship coming to Power and the Implementation of a Police State.

As a Retired Police Officer I believe that our Founders were well aware of the Downfalls of Big Government and placed many safeguards in our founding documents. As obvious from the number of Officers on this Board even as we Swore to uphold the Laws of the State and Nation we also Swore to uphold the Rights of the People.

God save us from the time we will need to decide which side of Revolution we fall on.

Ed

Harpoon76

Dec 4, 2008
    Bossier City, LA
    That only goes so far. As we have seen in the former USSR and currently in some of the Middle Eastern Countries there comes a breaking point with Government that Military and Police join the People in a general Revolt..... etc.

Ed

Wholeheartedly concur with both of Ed's posts in this thread.

boscoman

Jan 4, 2010
    That only goes so far. As we have seen in the former USSR and currently in some of the Middle Eastern Countries there comes a breaking point with Government that Military and Police join the People in a general Revolt.

In many cases this turns out very, very bad with a Military Dictatorship coming to Power and the Implementation of a Police State.

As a Retired Police Officer I believe that our Founders were well aware of the Downfalls of Big Government and placed many safeguards in our founding documents. As obvious from the number of Officers on this Board even as we Swore to uphold the Laws of the State and Nation we also Swore to uphold the Rights of the People.

God save us from the time we will need to decide which side of Revolution we fall on.

Ed

The problem arises when you have a government that ignores the courts, the Constitution, & the people... hey that's the current Administration!!

Skeptic

Dec 19, 2005
    Middle East
    I am continually amazed at the ignorance of the Maryland voter... The same old crooks keep getting voted into office year after year.

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    At Wal-Mart, buying more ammo.
    I am continually amazed at the ignorance of the Maryland voter... The same old crooks keep getting voted into office year after year.

Why the amazement? The same old crooks, as you call them, know where their "base" is. It's in four (4) counties, and the City of Baltimore. Continue to give to those groups, and you'll continue to win re-election. Heck, everyone loves a freebie. If your life wasn't so complicated, or if you didn't appreciate nicer things, or have the desire to do better, then why wouldn't you sit at home? While you are at home, collecting a government check, you get time to work on other endeavors. For instance, you can augment your government wages with illegal drug sales, the selling of you or others sexual favors, sell "protection", or a whole host of other entrepeneurial indeavors.

It's you and I who are the crazy ones, getting up and going to work everyday. If we had half a brain, we's quit our jobs, let the whole thing implode on itself, and start over after the smoke clears. That's what Obama's liberal cronies are hoping for, and they are betting they are going to be the one's left, when the smoke clears.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Why the amazement? The same old crooks, as you call them, know where their "base" is. It's in four (4) counties, and the City of Baltimore. Continue to give to those groups, and you'll continue to win re-election. Heck, everyone loves a freebie. If your life wasn't so complicated, or if you didn't appreciate nicer things, or have the desire to do better, then why wouldn't you sit at home? While you are at home, collecting a government check, you get time to work on other endeavors. For instance, you can augment your government wages with illegal drug sales, the selling of you or others sexual favors, sell "protection", or a whole host of other entrepeneurial indeavors.

The truth is strong with this one.

Lets be honest...two adminstrations ago was probably the closet we'll get to anything CCW without a SCOTUS ruling in this state....and even he couldnt get it done.

The goverment needs to be run like a business. It needs to remain profortible on it's payments. Giving social security to someone who will NEVER pay back into the system is crazy. Then as soon as a middle or upper middle class person falls on hard time they make to much to quailfy for it. Although those are the ones who supported it for so long.

Crazy system.

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    At Wal-Mart, buying more ammo.
    The truth is strong with this one.

Lets be honest...two adminstrations ago was probably the closet we'll get to anything CCW without a SCOTUS ruling in this state....and even he couldnt get it done.

The goverment needs to be run like a business. It needs to remain profortible on it's payments. Giving social security to someone who will NEVER pay back into the system is crazy. Then as soon as a middle or upper middle class person falls on hard time they make to much to quailfy for it. Although those are the ones who supported it for so long.

Crazy system.

For those who care, the Bible teaches us that we are to take care of the widows and orphans. In other words, those that cannot take care of themselves. It says nothing about the crackheads, the crooks, the scam artists, etc... In fact, it does condemn the slothful and the lazy. To them, it shows no mercy.

Last edited:

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    For those who care, the Bible teaches us that we are to take care of the widows and orphans. In other words, those that cannot take care of themselves. It says nothing about the crackheads, the crooks, the scam artists, etc... In fact, it does condemn the slothful and the lazy. To them, it shows no mercy.

And I, and I believe most other tax paying Americans, realize and are okay with this. I have zero issues making sure a needing class of people have their food and clothing.

It's the people that think it's okay to get food stamps and buy 5 steaks for dinner. Or the people who come up with the employment scam of having 4-6 kids they cant afford because they get more tax money that way.

The problem is the system becomes scammed and corrupt. And really no one polices it with any authority. People scam the system with fake names and socials for YEARS before it's caught...and when it's caught nothing happens because...well because they have zero income to pay it back.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    I would hope, however, that those higher ups in the MSP, those who have some influence, would do what they could to support us in our efforts to be able to exercise our constitutional rights.

The top positions serve at the pleasure of the governor. Then you get the trickle down effect where the ones with the strongest opinions and the least to lose by 'bucking the system' are the ones with little or no influence to make meaningful changes.

boscoman

Jan 4, 2010
    Not in Maryland, apparently. You can't have meaningful consequences when four counties and the City of Baltimore rule the entire state, based on the residents of those four counties voting for more giveaways. O'Malley, Mikulski, and Cardin, have been elected for life.

You left out Van Hollen, & Gansler. Two more oh so impressive political minds that will probably be with us for longer than they deserve to be. Jeez!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom