• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    A gun is supposed to be 100% reliable from either slide release OR slingshot. Inability to do both is a "problem" .

As to which is preferable , it depends on the fit of the gun to your hand , your prevous training and experience , and your philosophy.

I've heard all the "gross motor" arguments , but I've happily been using the slide release for (since beginning) , with my fingers it works for me , and I see no reason to go to great effort to untrain myself now.

phil

Oct 25, 2008
    Edgewood, MD
    All,
    I got to try my friends Wilson Combat mag at Elk Neck after work tonight and it worked fine using Federal Bulk pack stuff, which is what jammed the most. Ran better than 50 rounds tonight, feeding and shooting the top round only. The few fail to feed issues tonight were with the slide forward and hammer down; and that was likely my fault as it only jammed a time or two from that condition. Also fired thru a couple full mags without issue. Looks like I'll be buying some Wilson Mags this week.
    Thanks again for all the feed back and suggestions.

Know of any shops in the Harford Co or Baltimore are that carry these?

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    WC mags are the best I had ever found for a 1911. Yes they are a bit pricey but they are second to none.

I ordered mine online. Someone had a deal when you purchased 3. I will try to figure out who it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom