• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    That's the equal opportunity function of the new vBulletin software.

HUH on that one, let me look into that. Certainly no changes lately to cause it on that end.

I've seen it suggested that phone photos will post upright if you select edit photo and then save it again before posting it here. YMMV

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Starting to see random code appearing in place of forum links... not consistent, but across multiple platforms.

Examples:

I see this on one of my laptops as well (IE11). I don't see it on my main desktop (IE11 as well). Both are Win7x64.

On my main desktop I started getting outdated browser warnings today/maybe yesterday (running latest IE11).

Is IE11 no longer "supported"?

Attachments

• mdsie11.jpg
      mdsie11.jpg
      19.5 KB · Views: 150

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I have not seen that message. I do know the code appearances started about the same time they announced the ads were starting. I'm not saying this is the cause, but it's probably just a coincidence.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I see this on one of my laptops as well (IE11). I don't see it on my main desktop (IE11 as well). Both are Win7x64.

On my main desktop I started getting outdated browser warnings today/maybe yesterday (running latest IE11).

Is IE11 no longer "supported"?

I am getting this header tonight. It started when I got some kind of code/advertisement burp in the 2nd page of WC. Now it seems to be sticking around on every page I go to (MDS pages).

The code/advertisement I mentioned seemed more like a ad. Sorry I didn't screen print it to show everyone. But it said something about lawn care.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Also getting this, which is part of the hover pop-up text from the sticky below.

Attachments

• mds.jpg
      mds.jpg
      41.7 KB · Views: 141

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Seems like sometimes a portion of a message is being listed in the header.

Very unusual to say the least. All ya have to do is hit F5 and it goes away. This happens every once in awhile. Other times it seems to be code for the vBulletin software.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Still no joy with Forum Runner under Android. What other options are there besides Tapatalk (blows) or website through Chrome on the phone (blows).

texkev

Administrator
    Staff member
    Admin
    Jan 19, 2016
    North Texas
    going to have a web guy sweep through this again. forum runner may be the plugin that actually is causing behind the scene issues with user accounts and such. apparently turning off the plugins fixed many issues. not sure which it was yet. however maybe he can fix these. stay tuned.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    The design hasn't been so responsive today. I thought it was a peak traffic issue, but using different ISPs, different devices, and different platforms, MDS is very laggy. Other websites are loading fine/quickly. Hope it's not a DOS issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    going to have a web guy sweep through this again. forum runner may be the plugin that actually is causing behind the scene issues with user accounts and such. apparently turning off the plugins fixed many issues. not sure which it was yet. however maybe he can fix these. stay tuned.

The error it throws says it's a bad plug in.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom