• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    Got,a bunch of rounds that aren't sized to my gun. I want to pull the bullets and remove the primers which are still live. Can I just deprime them or do I need to soak them in water or sumpin?

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I just deprime slowly with a standard sizing die. I wear eye and ear protection just in case.

Another option is to remove the decapping pin from your case expander and resize without depriming.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I just deprime slowly with a standard sizing die. I wear eye and ear protection just in case.

Another option is to remove the decapping pin from your case expander and resize without depriming.

done it that way too.. :thumbsup:

diesel-man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 8, 2009
    Got,a bunch of rounds that aren't sized to my gun. I want to pull the bullets and remove the primers which are still live. Can I just deprime them or do I need to soak them in water or sumpin?

What everybody else already said...

But to answer your question...if you wanted to make the primers inert...squirt some WD40 inside and let them sit a day or so.

Another addition to what everybody else said:
    If you have a decapping pin that the pin part has broken off...use it to "iron" out the neck (inside) as you resize the outside. (with the actual pin broke off...it won't push out your otherwise good primer).

:party29:

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Yep, done all this too. Resize without decap pin, and removed primers slowly. I have had a primer installed upside down once or twice....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom