• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    Wilsons or CMCs bro.. come on! lol.

We'll get it running like a sewing machine here... I've been shooting my Commander the last few range trips I've been on. And then there's the G21SF RTF2s............... :drool:

must... build... reloading bench...

FTFs build character.:innocent0

chevydave

Sep 24, 2011
    severna park
    Took it out to the range today. Ran 150 rounds of ammo through it, and was surprised at its accuracy. Had a few minor feeding issues with the factory mags, but nothing too out of the ordinary.

And as you can see, it's not really all that much like how it came from the factory.

looksgood /b/ro

ShepAR

Apr 3, 2012
    Harwood
    The R1 is looking good! :party29:
    I'm glad to see some attention to it on here, I have been eying them online this week and am in serious consideration of picking one up soon. Thanks for sharing!

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    The R1's internals are nicely made, at least on the one I worked on. All the parts were consistant in quality. I have them set aside as keepers. I have one mim hammer and sear set (CMC) with many 1000's of rounds and dry fire cycles through it and the parts indicated no abnormal signs of wear or diminished pull quality. I've had similar results with other good mim sets. I've seen much worse on lower tier 1911's.

I had several other pistols with mim internals and they ran well with no signs of abnormal wear or performance as well.

I have a Baer in the 2xxx range and all the parts in it are NOT machined steel. All the lockwork is but some of the rest is not. Just an FYI.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    Just fit a Cylinder and Slide medium length trigger to the Remington today, and it has really made the trigger feel much, much nicer. The longer trigger bow on the C&S trigger definitely reduced pre-travel (although it did require me to re-fit my grip safety internally). As Chad mentioned, the medium-length trigger is a huge improvement over the feel and consistency of the factory short trigger. Definitely a worthwhile modification to the R1, and perhaps the most drastic change to it, thus far. I'm still using the factory sear and disconnector, albeit with some very minor polishing. The trigger channel on the R1 frame also required some minor polishing to remove the tiny bit of grit in the pull from the factory. Although the pull weight still meters above 5 pounds, it certainly feels light enough with all of the mods and tweaks. I've got a few more things in mind before I leave it alone and run it through a handgun course (if something's going to break, it's going to break during some dynamic shooting with a high round count).

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Just fit a Cylinder and Slide medium length trigger to the Remington today, and it has really made the trigger feel much, much nicer. The longer trigger bow on the C&S trigger definitely reduced pre-travel (although it did require me to re-fit my grip safety internally). As Chad mentioned, the medium-length trigger is a huge improvement over the feel and consistency of the factory short trigger. Definitely a worthwhile modification to the R1, and perhaps the most drastic change to it, thus far. I'm still using the factory sear and disconnector, albeit with some very minor polishing. The trigger channel on the R1 frame also required some minor polishing to remove the tiny bit of grit in the pull from the factory. Although the pull weight still meters above 5 pounds, it certainly feels light enough with all of the mods and tweaks. I've got a few more things in mind before I leave it alone and run it through a handgun course (if something's going to break, it's going to break during some dynamic shooting with a high round count).

Real men have long triggers.

And I'm glad you didn't get the 3-hole trigger. :thumbsup:

Now go shoot it on paper and show us your groups!!!

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    I was up Cameron's hardware in PA and compared the R1 stainless to a Springfield 1911 in stainless. I have to say the Springfield looked twice as good for what its worth

BerBer5985

Apr 3, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I'm still waiting for the Engage Armament Swimsuit edition calender, featuring mostly Andy of course, but maybe some of Emily thrown in there ;). haha! I bet they'd sell like hotcakes

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    BARTS has like 2-3 stainless and one black finish R1's there. I won't mention what else they have until I get there tomorrow and lock that purchase in :)

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    Real men have long triggers.

And I'm glad you didn't get the 3-hole trigger. :thumbsup:

Now go shoot it on paper and show us your groups!!!

Man, you know I was born with a long penis and short fingers. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh. Also, a 3-hole trigger would look goofy as hell on a pretty simple build. I'm glad I learned something from watching you work on 1911s, namely that files require a hell of a lot of patience and that there's really not a fast way of building a 1911 up.

Paper? I can tell you it's minute of stone at 100 yards. :innocent0

I'll probably put it on paper this weekend if I can remember to bring targets.

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    Took it out to the range today. Ran 150 rounds of ammo through it, and was surprised at its accuracy. Had a few minor feeding issues with the factory mags, but nothing too out of the ordinary.

And as you can see, it's not really all that much like how it came from the factory.

Veddy nice. Veddy veddy nice.......:thumbsup:

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Paper? I can tell you it's minute of stone at 100 yards. :innocent0

I'll probably put it on paper this weekend if I can remember to bring targets.

Minute of stone, eh?

d46f1_Big_Rock_at_Mahabalipuram.jpg

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    Update:

Fitted some new G10 grips from Monkeygrips.

Probably have 500 rounds through it at this juncture. Outside of some issues with the factory magazines, it's given me no problems.

Attachments

• DSC_0204.jpg
      DSC_0204.jpg
      75.6 KB · Views: 119

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    Update:

Fitted some new G10 grips from Monkeygrips.

Probably have 500 rounds through it at this juncture. Outside of some issues with the factory magazines, it's given me no problems.

Those grips look real good !!!!!! He make some fine grips .I have heard he is good to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom