• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigdv

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2010
    Calvert Co.
    Does anyone know if its possible to convert a remington 750 semi. To a remington 760 pump? I currently have a 750 in 308 carbine. I had some issues with it new. Occasionally it would not cycle far enough back to pick up and chamber a new round. It would expel the spent cartridge but fail to chamber the new round. I shortened the action spring and this has seemed to work. But i now have lost some confidence in my rifle. I would prefer to have a pump action. I know the parts are somewhat interchangeable between the 760 and the 750. Does anyone have any knowledge or advice? Thanks

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Maybe you could sell it. Wal Mart can get them for you. They are great build platforms.

Attachments

• tmp_Rem MG1424238326.jpg
      tmp_Rem MG1424238326.jpg
      145.4 KB · Views: 142

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    a) Send it back to Remington to be fixed.

b) If you want a pump, sell the semi auto and buy the pump. MUCH easier. But easier to sell after you have done a).

bigdv

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2010
    Calvert Co.
    Using good ammo. The gun is functioning fine now. After shortening the action spring. I love the gun. Shoots great. Feels and handles great. And looks good. I just have lost confidence due to the previous issue.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    .308 is backwards from .223.

In .308, 7.62 is fine in .308 rifles, but not the other way around. 7.62 has a lower pressure limit.

bigdv

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2010
    Calvert Co.
    .308 is backwards from .223.

In .308, 7.62 is fine in .308 rifles, but not the other way around. 7.62 has a lower pressure limit.
    Right. I think the issue with the mil surplus is the harder primers. I have heard of guys having issues with the 750 striker not hitting hard enough to set of the primer on some of the mil surplus stuff. I personally have not shot anything but factory 308 out of mine.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Right. I think the issue with the mil surplus is the harder primers. I have heard of guys having issues with the 750 striker not hitting hard enough to set of the primer on some of the mil surplus stuff. I personally have not shot anything but factory 308 out of mine.

Interesting.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Hvymax. It looks like you have a modified bolt handle. Where did you get that? The stock one is a little small for my hands.

Mine is a rod coupling. I shaved the top and bottom straight and cut threads on it. I believe a Rem 1100 handle will fit. I plan on ordering one eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom