Reminder: Wayne LaPierre On Fox News Sunday ...Today!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Most probably already got this memo/email - but if you didnt here it is:

The battle to save our Second Amendment freedoms is raging right now.

And if you saw any coverage of this week's Senate hearings on gun control, you know the media elites and the gun ban lobby are running wild with half-truths, deceptions, and downright lies about you, me and our gun rights.
    So I'm going on Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace to set the record straight! Please watch at 9:00 a.m. ET this Sunday - and tell your family, friends and fellow gun owners to watch as well.
    As always, thank you for your support and your willingness to STAND AND FIGHT with me and NRA.

I've never been more grateful to have you fighting by my side.

Wayne
    Wayne LaPierre
    Executive Vice President

www.NRA.org

Wayne-FoxNewsSunday-2-3.jpg

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    Just lost most of the respect I had for Chris Wallace. Anti-gunner all the way. Bends over backwards for Kelly, constantly in the face and argumentative with LaPierre.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Wallace never let Wayne finsih a point or sentance. Wallace is no friend of the NRA, time to have an email campaign to FOX against Mathews.

Last edited:

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    I agree that Chris Wallace didn't let Wayne finish his thoughts. He gave lots of latitude towards Mr. Giffords. Disappointed.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I just sent an email to FOX. One email means nothing to them, hundreds will mean something.

I request they fire Wallace or make him publically apologize and re-interview Wayne.

I described how he didn'y let Wayne finish a point or sentance and showed how anti 2A he was. Please all is simple to email them. This is the link I used.

http://help.foxnews.com/index.html

Last edited:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Its Chris Wallace, not Mathews, but the difference between them seems pretty minimal.

Obvious where Wallace stands.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    Sorry, but for the millions they cash in the NRA has shown little to nothing in my regards. SAF and MSI have fewer members, fewer member dues to work with and are more vocal. Where is the latest law suite from the NRA, where are the ads from the NRA showing the hypocracy of the anti-argument?

I am a life member of the NRA and I signed up everyone in my family - I am deepy dissapointed on the actual impact the NRA has on this debate. They may have muscles during election time but I need more than just dumping millions in supporting one candidate over another. I need constant influence on people who have nothing to do with guns. I can only educate some many, they can and should infuence millions of non-gun owners. I do not need another mailer about this and that, about trying to get another donation or sell me insurance ......

Last edited:
    I have never been a big fan of LaPierre or his "cult of personality" that seems to have taken over the NRA the past few years. Everything's about Wayne, and I don't think he makes a particularly persuasive spokesperson. I'd love it if the NRA could enlist Judges Pirro or Napolitano from Fox News, or someone as eloquent as they have been. But too few people want to hear their message about the 2A as the ultimate protection against tyranny, because no one wants to admit that our current governments, with their "reasonable limits", are capable of tyranny.

Ironsighter

It's "Citizen," not "Civilian"
    May 10, 2011
    Down South
    The NRA has handled this whole situation, from Sandy Hook to the present, with ham-fistedness. The big announcement on LaPierre's part after Sandy Hook was ill-handled. He's had some success since, but today's performance indicates that, while he might be an effective lobbyist, he doesn't need to be the public face of the NRA.

For all their money, you'd think the NRA could have a spokesman who was polished enough to handle a hostile group of anti-gunners in an articulate way.

I suggest they get a woman to be the voice of the NRA. We need to put a face on the NRA to whom the fence-sitters and soccer moms can relate - someone who can talk about self-defense and other issues in a way that makes them think about these ill-advised and mean-spirited bills.

Time for a change at the top, Wayne.

If you want to write effective letters, forget calling for the resignation of Mr. Matthews - he's a lost cause. Write to the NRA to urge them to replace Wayne as the spokesman with someone who can be more effective and for whom people might actually feel some empathy.

Ellegon

Ultimate Member
    Sep 15, 2012
    Parkville
    The NRA definitely needs a better spokesman! Someone with the skills to turn the interview in a direction that places the interviewer on the defensive!

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Wayne LaPierre has done well in leading us recently, but there is no shame in having a good spokesman for the organization. The White House has a spokesman for Obama, for example, so why not the NRA.
    My vote would be for Keith Morgan of the WVCDL. I know, he's mostly on the local scene, but he's a very powerful rebutter and always seems up to the task.

Witness Keith Morgan in the attached interview:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ECxDvwObwZk#!

Last edited:

manderson

Ultimate Member
    Jun 3, 2008
    Sorry, but fot the millions they cash in the NRA has shown little to nothing in my regards. SAF and MSI have fewer members, fewer member dues to work with and are more vocal. Where is the latest law suite from the NRA, where are the adds from the NRA showing the hypocracy of the anti-argument?

I do not need another mailer about this and that, about trying to get another donation or sell me insurance ......

Agree 100%

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    The NRA has handled this whole situation, from Sandy Hook to the present, with ham-fistedness. The big announcement on LaPierre's part after Sandy Hook was ill-handled. He's had some success since, but today's performance indicates that, while he might be an effective lobbyist, he doesn't need to be the public face of the NRA.

For all their money, you'd think the NRA could have a spokesman who was polished enough to handle a hostile group of anti-gunners in an articulate way.

I suggest they get a woman to be the voice of the NRA. We need to put a face on the NRA to whom the fence-sitters and soccer moms can relate - someone who can talk about self-defense and other issues in a way that makes them think about these ill-advised and mean-spirited bills.

Time for a change at the top, Wayne.

If you want to write effective letters, forget calling for the resignation of Mr. Matthews - he's a lost cause. Write to the NRA to urge them to replace Wayne as the spokesman with someone who can be more effective and for whom people might actually feel some empathy.

+1 on this. Unfortunately, Wayne has a negative image thanks to the media. A new guard needs to take the banner and bring change to the organization. I am not saying that Wayne cannot be effective, but he is the face of the NRA that has been stigmatized as the "evil" gun lobby. We need a younger generation to take over for the older guard. If not, we are doomed, and so are our gun rights.

It is similar with most organizations that become large in membership. 10% of the membership do 90% of the work. When the 10% leave or give up, the organization usually becomes a shadow of what it was or completely collapses. I believe we are seeing this with the NRA now, and people are going to other organizations that are more effective for them. We need to reorganize the NRA, and I think that they may be realizing that themselves.

Just my .02

Q

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Nice of Mr. Wallace to show his grabber tendencies so openly. He's a tough guy to go toe-to-toe with, no doubt.

Maybe Wayne is best suited for the lobbying arm of NRA. We need someone younger (maybe less pasty white or a female) who can fight fire with fire.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Ugh, he just sucks at debate. Lapierre tends to fall into the arguments of the anti's and fight battles on the battlefields of their choosing. An example is being asked how to stop violence in america. Instead of saying his plan will stop violence in america, he needs to say that it's an impossible premise. Even in prison, where inmates rooms are tossed, and they are strip-searched for weapons then locked in a cage...there's still rape and murder. There is no place on earth where humans live that there is not violence between humans. It's a fact of human nature that some choose to prey on others. The only thing we can do as a society to combat this is to give the law-abiding the tools for defense to confront and stop a threat WHEN they happen, because they will always happen.

Wayne's running around trying not to offend anyone and in the process has a neutered message. Meanwhile, idiots in society continue to be idiots and his attempts at appeasing them aren't doing anything to win them over. They need to have a strong, principled message based on reason and acknowledge that some people are too irrational and emotionally fragile to go along with their message.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom