• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Please be sure to close or remove your ad when your item is no longer for sale.

Also, a common problem when listing an item is the PRICE. When entering the price into the appropriate column, DO NOT use a "$" sign. Just enter the dollar value or else the price will appear as "0"

Doing both of these things should help us cut down on the amount of unnecessary traffic on the forum and we'd greatly appreciate it.

Trapper

I'm a member too.
    Feb 19, 2009
    Western AA county
    I'm trying to be good, so... Do ads that someone has "committed to by" get deleted? I'm looking for my ads and I can't find any.

Perhaps being able to find your ads (or search for ads from a specific user) would be a nice feature? (or perhaps someone will tell me where to find it if it exists)

thanks,
    Trapper

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I'm trying to be good, so... Do ads that someone has "committed to by" get deleted? I'm looking for my ads and I can't find any.

Perhaps being able to find your ads (or search for ads from a specific user) would be a nice feature? (or perhaps someone will tell me where to find it if it exists)

thanks,
    Trapper

I don't know about the "commit to buy" ads. Don will have to let us know about that one. All ads have a maximum 2 month listing unless the user relists the ad.

There is a rather simplistic search feature which allows you to search for keywords, status (open, closed) and by category, but unfortunately not by user. I don't know how hard it would be for DD to make that work.....like a lot of things with vBulletin I suspect it's not an easy task.

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    a question for any "Jeffe"

I did a deal with another member, but it was only for half of what I was selling. (He bought the folding stock only) He did not "commit to buy", because he didn't want everything listed in my ad. He PM'ed me and we worked it out.

I have been trying to leave feedback for him (positive) but can't figure it out.

Thanks

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    a question for any "Jeffe"

I did a deal with another member, but it was only for half of what I was selling. (He bought the folding stock only) He did not "commit to buy", because he didn't want everything listed in my ad. He PM'ed me and we worked it out.

I have been trying to leave feedback for him (positive) but can't figure it out.

Thanks
    Same deal for me. I bought a portion of Echo Victor's ammo cans, but couldn't post feedback to say it was a decent transaction because the ad is still open and I didn't "commit". I just left comments in the ad, but not all ads allow comments.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Go to the classifieds, then find his name and click on it (he's presently showing the in the "recent feedback" section on the left.) Find "Feedback Info" on the left near the middle of the page. At the bottom of that section, click on "Submit feedback for Echo Victor."

Hope this helps!

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Thanks for the advice BD, and that does work fine if you are the sole buyer.

Unless the software knows that you are a participant in the buy, either by placing the ad or committing to the deal, it will let you go all the way through typing comments, etc, but won't accept it. I got the message that I actually had to participate in the deal before I could leave feedback, which didn't work for getting a small part of a pile of ammo cans going in a dozen directions.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Hey guys, a lot of classifieds are showing up with no prices and I think it's unintentional.

Remember, when you insert your price in the field where the information goes, do NOT put any $ signs or the price won't show up.

For instance, if you want to sell something for $50, put 50.00 in the price field.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    A reminder to kindly put prices on the ads.

Don't write them as $75.00, for example. Write it as 75.00 and it will show up.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom