• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OEH

Nov 18, 2010
    29B
    Sounds like this O'Neill fellow has a bright future in the MD legislature...:rolleyes:
    My first guesses were Vallario or Frosh...

jsm7977

Nov 2, 2013
    hey bud kiss my ass. these people go to the same damn gym as me, not like theyre firnds or even aquaintances. How about you engage your brain before your mouth. You don't know jack shit about me or why I got myself in trouble anyways. If you had to do the job I do in the areas I do them in youd want to carry whether u had a permit or not. Unfortunately im just gonna have to take that risk now as I have used my first time offender card. My mom dad and stepdad are all retired police, im a family man, pay my bills, my taxes and have raised my son as a single dad for 10 yrs. SO take your judgemental ******** and cram it up your cramhole. Takes all kinds of asses to make the world go around don't it...

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    stop talking .

Everyone here is an adult. :) if you do not know what I mean by that you really should stop talking. This adult is from Brooklyn :)

Stop talking.

:thumbsup:

OP, you got yourself squared away. You answered MORE than you needed to (or may have meant to).

It's time to take Brooklyn's advice and stop talking about this past incident. :)

jsm7977

Nov 2, 2013
    how a positive post about some minor individual success for one of the good guys still left turns into a couple of judgemental asses assuming I am anything other than what I am is quite disgusting. I mean really....wtf? I went 36yrs w/o ever getting more than a seatbelt ticket and due to things that happened to me on the job I felt it only a matter of time before something worse could happen and I may not come home to my son. I hired a great attorney and things worked out for me. Explain to me how that gives any jerk off the right to assume the worst in me when they have NO idea who I am? I did what I felt I had to do and almost paid a dire price for it. I learned my lesson, have been very humbled through this experience at the thought of losing my son and couldn't be more grateful as to how things worked out. And NO I don't owe anyone a damn thing, I just thought id share something positive and it turned into this. Those hateful ass people should be ashamed of themselves. Its a wonder how anyone puts up with someone like you be it friends, females or family. Positivity breeds positivity. Perhaps that's something you should learn and perhaps if you or anyone else had to go thru the fear during this case that I Had to, you wouldn't be so quick to judge. I was merely making an attempt to give insight as to how well of an attorney Peter must be. People are innocent until proven guilty in this country if you remember that. Therefore if I meet people in a gym that have had priors whether convicted or not convicted but were acquitted, again...how dare you judge? Who exactly are you to do so? Noone, my point exactly. I owe a lot to Peter and his team so if there is anything I can do to strum up even one client for the man, I feel I should. Again, I did what I felt I had to do given my personal circumstances at that time, I broke the law and whether or not someone like me who doesn't deserve to do jail time had to do any or not doesn't mean for a hot second that Im not smart enough to never test the boundaries of the law again. Raising my son and being there for him when no one else can means more to me than any right I may or may not have. Merry Christmas. Christ...

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    OP... Post #35... first sentence... There will always be someone to piss in your oatmeal. I enjoy reading this forum and am truly glad that you came away fairly unscathed. I learned very early on when I joined this forum that at some point in time someone will get under your skin. Step away. Breathe. They weren't there, they don't know, you won't tell, let it go. That's why I have a modest post count. Just sayin...:innocent0

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    how a positive post about some minor individual success for one of the good guys still left turns into a couple of judgemental asses assuming I am anything other than what I am is quite disgusting. I mean really....wtf? I went 36yrs w/o ever getting more than a seatbelt ticket and due to things that happened to me on the job I felt it only a matter of time before something worse could happen and I may not come home to my son. I hired a great attorney and things worked out for me. Explain to me how that gives any jerk off the right to assume the worst in me when they have NO idea who I am? I did what I felt I had to do and almost paid a dire price for it. I learned my lesson, have been very humbled through this experience at the thought of losing my son and couldn't be more grateful as to how things worked out. And NO I don't owe anyone a damn thing, I just thought id share something positive and it turned into this. Those hateful ass people should be ashamed of themselves. Its a wonder how anyone puts up with someone like you be it friends, females or family. Positivity breeds positivity. Perhaps that's something you should learn and perhaps if you or anyone else had to go thru the fear during this case that I Had to, you wouldn't be so quick to judge. I was merely making an attempt to give insight as to how well of an attorney Peter must be. People are innocent until proven guilty in this country if you remember that. Therefore if I meet people in a gym that have had priors whether convicted or not convicted but were acquitted, again...how dare you judge? Who exactly are you to do so? Noone, my point exactly. I owe a lot to Peter and his team so if there is anything I can do to strum up even one client for the man, I feel I should. Again, I did what I felt I had to do given my personal circumstances at that time, I broke the law and whether or not someone like me who doesn't deserve to do jail time had to do any or not doesn't mean for a hot second that Im not smart enough to never test the boundaries of the law again. Raising my son and being there for him when no one else can means more to me than any right I may or may not have. Merry Christmas. Christ...

You will find people in every walk of life that have but one true calling in life. They find ways to bring out the worst in people. :mad54: They will judge everyone as if they have no sin. They should remember one little piece of scripture. "Let he without sin cast the first stone."

Hopefully you will notice that most of the members here do not act like this. Sit back and enjoy your early Christmas gift, hug you son and wish your family a Merry Christmas. :outta her

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    I know of a person that punched police and sent the officer down to the deck and the person didn't serve a single day. Don't ask me how cuz I don't know. I know of a repeat DWI 3X offender that didn't serve a day and I believe got off altogether using him as well as a guy that commited murder as a juvenile and had priors as an adult that got caught on a sting with selling of controlled substances and walked without a day served. I don't know how the man does what he does but he does it. All Ive heard is he knows ALOT of SA's and judges personally and I believe hes on some committee that has something to do with appointing judges. He doesn't have a magic wand but I believe that if theres one chink in the armor of a case on a technicality, he will find it everytime. Im just glad I retained him and grateful to be home with my family for the holidays and retained my 2A.

Sounds a lot like the judge in Texas that let some punk off with killing 4 innocents. Nothing to do with your case but for a buck some will whore their soul it seems.

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    LOL.. always a hater in the bunch unless its a tactic to get me talking in which case it wont work. Im smart enough not to push my luck since I KNOW MSP as well as other agencies are on this site. Again, forfeiture of gun. THATS IT. No other punishment. Yes I can purchase a gun today if I want, got a call from MSP the next day saying a pending purchase was now cleared since my court date the day before. Peter is a damn good attorney as are the people on his staff. Period. Lets just say this....sometimes its doing a whole hell of a lot with almost NOTHING and knowing tiny details of the law that get the job done. That to me, says a lot. I know of a person that punched police and sent the officer down to the deck and the person didn't serve a single day. Don't ask me how cuz I don't know. I know of a repeat DWI 3X offender that didn't serve a day and I believe got off altogether using him as well as a guy that commited murder as a juvenile and had priors as an adult that got caught on a sting with selling of controlled substances and walked without a day served. I don't know how the man does what he does but he does it. All Ive heard is he knows ALOT of SA's and judges personally and I believe hes on some committee that has something to do with appointing judges. He doesn't have a magic wand but I believe that if theres one chink in the armor of a case on a technicality, he will find it everytime. Im just glad I retained him and grateful to be home with my family for the holidays and retained my 2A.

well I think this is unfortunate. that's why our society is as bad as it is. no one goes to jail like they are supposed to. repeat offenders repeatedly offend and are repeatedly excused from punishment for it.

jsm7977

Nov 2, 2013
    I don't agree with 3X DWI guys that were legit caught and got off on a technicality either. Its dangerous, but theres no push to ban anything along those lines as NOT there should be. The system isn't perfect by far but its better than being beheaded, stoned to death, imprisoned without fair trial, etc like the savages of the world. I often wonder if other civilized nations like France, Italy and the UK are plagued with these issues. However, the law is the law. Having said that, in this day and age its tough on police. They truly have to dot every I and cross every T, otherwise criminals that belong in jail get off. Then even if they do their job 100% and the person does time, they often get out early, reoffend and are given a similar sentence and out again. I think the problem lies with KEEPING them in jail and having VERY harsh penalties for repeat offenders be it either violent or non violent offenders. Just my $.02... Someone asked about HQL. I don't need whatever new course they are offering. Ive had qualifying certification for 18 years now.

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    Someone asked about HQL. I don't need whatever new course they are offering. Ive had qualifying certification for 18 years now.

Everyone in MD needs a HQL post 10/1/13 if they want to purchase a handgun. That doesn't mean you necessarily need to take a training class to get one, but you certainly have to have the license from MSP.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I don't agree with 3X DWI guys that were legit caught and got off on a technicality either. Its dangerous, but theres no push to ban anything along those lines as NOT there should be. The system isn't perfect by far but its better than being beheaded, stoned to death, imprisoned without fair trial, etc like the savages of the world. I often wonder if other civilized nations like France, Italy and the UK are plagued with these issues. However, the law is the law. Having said that, in this day and age its tough on police. They truly have to dot every I and cross every T, otherwise criminals that belong in jail get off. Then even if they do their job 100% and the person does time, they often get out early, reoffend and are given a similar sentence and out again. I think the problem lies with KEEPING them in jail and having VERY harsh penalties for repeat offenders be it either violent or non violent offenders. Just my $.02... Someone asked about HQL. I don't need whatever new course they are offering. Ive had qualifying certification for 18 years now.

And then there is the flip side of this. Ever hear about how many innocent people were on death row because they were railroaded by the system back in the day?

Trying to find a good balance among everything that is going on in the world today is tough. Question is, how much of our freedom are we willing to give up to prevent crime? I'll just take my 9mm with standard capacity mags, thank you very much. Relying on the police is what is getting us into this mess. The more we rely on the police to protect us from crime, the worse it gets. Kind of like the moron people rely on welfare, the harder it becomes for them to fend for themselves because they simply do not have any skill sets.

wheelgun

Feb 23, 2009
    Reality check

Unless you went to trial and the attorney presented facts to prove your innocence I don't get where this "best attorney" garbage comes from.

If all he did was sell how much of a good guy you were to a S/A willing to listen that doesn't make the guy great.

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong. Getting and innocent person off by proving the facts makes a great attorney. Getting a guilty person's outcome reduced doesn't make for the "best attorney" in the world.

Just being a great minimizer of punishment doesn't show any skill set or knowledge. Just shows someone who is buddy buddy in the legal system with the judges and/or states attorneys.[/QUOTE]

Man, if you thought the "legal system" was anything else, WAKE UP. Another bit of info: check out the occupations of most of our "congress critters" before they latched onto the gravy train.

tony b

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2012
    Joppa
    laundry should be done at home. Glad you were able to work it out but this is not the place to let it out unless you are ok with the oncoming pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom