• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    It would be nice to get an MDS firearms lawyer "yellow page" sticky thread somewhere. You never know when you need a good lawyer in a pinch, especially when you're panicking.

Any NRA member can ask for a list from the NRA.

Of course, there are lawyers here on MDS that makes everyone else aware of their profession.

jsm7977

Nov 2, 2013
    Peter O'Neill- Glen Burnie, MD. I think its almost not an argument hes the best in MD. Keep in mind....HES EXPENSIVE. But **WELL** worth the money. You certainly get what you pay for. His team is top notch and they talked to me 11/21, didn't get money or enter themselves until 12/2 and did an outstanding job on very short notice. I am thankful, grateful, more wise and in NO way willing to risk my 2A again. As I Said I wont discuss the details, however YES the only form of punishment you could say was to forfeit the firearm. It was a straight faced poker game by both sides and once the offer was given, It wasn't worth pushing my luck. I took the deal and ran. Just glad to be squeaky clean. Merry Xmas to all, even those to whom Merry Xmas offends :)

jsm7977

Nov 2, 2013
    He does any and all types of criminal defense btw. I know some guys who have used him for some pretty outrageous charges and they had some to plenty of priors and none did jail time.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Congratulations on your early Christmas gift. Like others have said, stay out of trouble you may not be as lucky next time.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Unless you went to trial and the attorney presented facts to prove your innocence I don't get where this "best attorney" garbage comes from.

If all he did was sell how much of a good guy you were to a S/A willing to listen that doesn't make the guy great.

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong. Getting and innocent person off by proving the facts makes a great attorney. Getting a guilty person's outcome reduced doesn't make for the "best attorney" in the world.

Just being a great minimizer of punishment doesn't show any skill set or knowledge. Just shows someone who is buddy buddy in the legal system with the judges and/or states attorneys.

jsm7977

Nov 2, 2013
    LOL.. always a hater in the bunch unless its a tactic to get me talking in which case it wont work. Im smart enough not to push my luck since I KNOW MSP as well as other agencies are on this site. Again, forfeiture of gun. THATS IT. No other punishment. Yes I can purchase a gun today if I want, got a call from MSP the next day saying a pending purchase was now cleared since my court date the day before. Peter is a damn good attorney as are the people on his staff. Period. Lets just say this....sometimes its doing a whole hell of a lot with almost NOTHING and knowing tiny details of the law that get the job done. That to me, says a lot. I know of a person that punched police and sent the officer down to the deck and the person didn't serve a single day. Don't ask me how cuz I don't know. I know of a repeat DWI 3X offender that didn't serve a day and I believe got off altogether using him as well as a guy that commited murder as a juvenile and had priors as an adult that got caught on a sting with selling of controlled substances and walked without a day served. I don't know how the man does what he does but he does it. All Ive heard is he knows ALOT of SA's and judges personally and I believe hes on some committee that has something to do with appointing judges. He doesn't have a magic wand but I believe that if theres one chink in the armor of a case on a technicality, he will find it everytime. Im just glad I retained him and grateful to be home with my family for the holidays and retained my 2A.

rwatson

Feb 7, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    I don't comment much on here, but I'm not really sure that is something to brag about. From the folks you "know" you sound like part of the problem.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    no community service either. Im just a lucky and grateful guy.

I'd say yes you are. You named your atty. as a courtesy to all who asked. You don't owe anyone here any more than that. Sometimes it's best to know when to hold and know when to fold and forget principle. Sucks you lost your gun but you are good to go from here on out so I'd say you did OK. Have a great Holiday season.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    LOL.. always a hater in the bunch unless its a tactic to get me talking in which case it wont work.

<deleted the part where you actually talk .. Why? Don't know I cut you a break. >

stop talking .

Everyone here is an adult. :) if you do not know what I mean by that you really should stop talking. This adult is from Brooklyn :)

Stop talking.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I don't comment much on here, but I'm not really sure that is something to brag about. From the folks you "know" you sound like part of the problem.

I was trying to bite my tongue on this, but it sounds like the OP hangs around the wrong crowd. He knows way too many of O'Neill's clients, and all of them for criminal matters.

OP - I got a client of mine off of 4 second degree assault charges against 3 police officers and a patron of the bar. Plead him out on the disorderly conduct charge and he received a $50 fine, 3 months unsupervised probation, and nothing else. I must be close to being the greatest attorney ever too, which I don't even come close to claiming.

I will say this though, Peter O'Neill is a very good attorney.

As others have already said, and I might have already said, congratulations, learn from this, and do not get yourself in a position where even Peter O'Neill cannot get you off with the mere forfeiture of a firearm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom