• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stacks3700

Member Member
    Mar 30, 2017
    Planning to move my family from Maryland to VA Beach by summer of 2018, looking for some helpful tips or advice (Gun transfer process, Gun Laws, Good And bad Neighborhoods, etc.) Anything helps.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Very straightforward for the guns. A friend of mine got his carry permit in Norfolk in three days. Fairfax took about 12 to get me mine. A carry permit lifts most of the few restrictions we have, like being able to carry a pistol with more than ten rounds or a threaded barrel in the few jurisdictions where they're restricted or being able to conceal carry a loaded handgun on National Forest or WMA land where there's a general prohibition on loaded firearms outside of hunting.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Very straightforward for the guns. A friend of mine got his carry permit in Norfolk in three days. Fairfax took about 12 to get me mine. A carry permit lifts most of the few restrictions we have, like being able to carry a pistol with more than ten rounds or a threaded barrel in the few jurisdictions where they're restricted or being able to conceal carry a loaded handgun on National Forest or WMA land where there's a general prohibition on loaded firearms outside of hunting.

I was not aware of a ten round limit. It was 20.

statute

Attachments

• va statute.jpg
      va statute.jpg
      85.2 KB · Views: 204

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    there are on line video training sites that will work, but I don't like them. get hands on training from a competent NRA instructor.

JMO.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I would recommend getting a UT or FL nonres now instead of a VA nonres now. That way you have two carry permits when you move down there and get a VA resident permit instead of just one. There are also a few states that one gets but not the other.

I was not aware of a ten round limit. It was 20.

statute

Whoops yeah, meant to say 20.

stacks3700

Member Member
    Mar 30, 2017
    so this may be a dumb question but is the NRA class acceptable for multiple applications ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    You have a 30 day waiting period after you get a VA drivers license before you can purchase a firearm in VA. Just FYI after that your good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom