• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    From our friends over at LegalInsurrection.com -
    People Fleeing Democrat-Led States for Republican Ones In Droves

Interestingly, the blue states losing their tax-paying citizens to red states are also those with the toughest gun laws and the highest state and local taxes. But I’m sure none of that has anything to do with the mass migration from blue to red states.

Owe'Malley, Frosh, Gansler ... and the rest of the anti-gun, tax-levying, freedom-suppressing bunch in Annapolis ... ARE YOU LISTENING ?

Mr H

Banana'd
    You know "they" don't care...

As long as they maintain a legacy and an agenda that they can point to, and they get the occasional "wins" to satisfy the sheeple in the Leftist Triangle, they'll be happy.

Yay, Maryland... the Progressively Rights-eroding-ass-raping-Constitution-blasting-ifyoucandreamitwecantaxit State.......

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Good and bad. Good if those leaving are conservatives. Bad if they bring the liberal disease with them. Lots of ex-Californians make Nevada and Colorado purple.

Of course they are liberals Conservatives tend to value tradition and are loth to leave their homes. I have spoken to many in MD who have hundred of years of family here --- family land ... I don't know if I would leave, but ..
    I don't have that issue I have no true home..

But in any we can not just hope for the best.. When new folks start moving to conservative areas we need to engage them.. Say" you like it out here ? so do we, Its this way because of the values and traditions that we hold dear, and if you want to keep it this way then you are welcome. --but if you want to turn it into the kind of place you came from, why not just go back now and leave us alone ".

A fair number will get the message, and the rest may leave anyway because they will not be welcome..

Sure it may not work--- but it might. I think its worth a shot.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Surprise surprise surprise! Golly Sergeant!
    Gomer92.jpg

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Good and bad. Good if those leaving are conservatives. Bad if they bring the liberal disease with them. Lots of ex-Californians make Nevada and Colorado purple.

Exactly. I see this more as a spread of the disease than the solution. Just remember, people in MD constantly complain about how the government is run and then vote the exact same people in. These people will vote for the exact same thing, even if they move to another state.

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    But wouldn't the Owemally types welcome the convervatives leaving. They would then automatically have an even higher percentage of the voters. The lemmings are of course remaining to be feed by Mother State. If Cecil/Harford conversatives leave in droves then the libs would be able to completely take over here too. Soon there would be no remaining enclaves of civility in the entire state. We need good people moving in, not out. I do realize of course that the chance of that happening are slim and none though.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    But wouldn't the Owemally types welcome the convervatives leaving. They would then automatically have an even higher percentage of the voters. The lemmings are of course remaining to be feed by Mother State. If Cecil/Harford conversatives leave in droves then the libs would be able to completely take over here too. Soon there would be no remaining enclaves of civility in the entire state. We need good people moving in, not out. I do realize of course that the chance of that happening are slim and none though.

Hate to break it to you but the Democrats already completely control this state. A few conservative people moving out aren’t going to matter to them at this point. They might lose some tax revenue for a little bit but they will eventually get people to move in where we left.

If you have the option to leave this state take it while you can. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a strategic retreat. Help dilute the liberals moving to VA and turning the state purple by dumping more conservatives in there.

new_shooter

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2010
    Could be another cause for this data looking like this.

Blue states have been, for a long time, the money states. On average, someone moving from Blue to Red will be taking more gathered wealth with them than someone else moving from Red to Blue.

Retirees seeking a lower cost of living in order to stretch out their life savings typically move from Blue to Red, while young adults with empty bank accounts seeking to build a future for themselves typically move from Red to Blue.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008

:thumbsup:

There's your issue. They are leaving the blue states, but they bring the bluestate mindset. As soon as they settle, they begin trying to change the redstate into a bluestate.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    So why is MD a seller's market right now for homes? Seems to me there are plenty of people who want to live in MD

Maryland, unlike some of the other blue states, has a HUGE amount of government jobs and they just keep opening up more.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    So why is MD a seller's market right now for homes? Seems to me there are plenty of people who want to live in MD

"Maryland" is not a sellers market for homes. Maryland home values are up about 4.5%, Virginia up 5.5%. nationally, home prices are up about 6%, more than Maryland. Homes being built in HoCo and MoCo are at the expense of Baltimore City, which has a lot of vacant property.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    MD's attraction stems only from the fact that there are a truckload of well-paying Federal jobs within easy commuting distance. No one comes here for anything else, I'll wager. MD no longer produces much of anything, and its only real city, Baltimore, is dying and rotting away.

IMO, of course.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    MD's attraction stems only from the fact that there are a truckload of well-paying Federal jobs within easy commuting distance. No one comes here for anything else, I'll wager. MD no longer produces much of anything, and its only real city, Baltimore, is dying and rotting away.

IMO, of course.
    This is amusing to me - I just had this very conversation with my brother the other day in the Inner Harbor. He was visiting from another state with his family, and asked what Baltimore is known for these days. My answer - drugs, murder, violence...and being the home of the Orioles, Ravens, and Legg Mason.

We talked about the fact that it remains a port city, although I think that is likely to dwindle as the impacts of the EPA fuel mandates hit the shipping industry in 2015 (the reason that Carnival has stated for pulling out - too expensive to use the EPA-mandated distillate fuel for the trip in the Chesapeake Bay when there are other port cities with easier ocean access, requiring lower bunker capacities for 1000 ppm distillate fuels). The EPA Emmision Control Area extends out to the 200 mile limit from the coastline of the continent; the ride up/down the Chesapeake Bay through the 50-Foot Channel adds another 300 miles of 1000 ppm distillate fuel operational range requirement.

Mr H

Banana'd
    "Maryland" is not a sellers market for homes. Maryland home values are up about 4.5%, Virginia up 5.5%. nationally, home prices are up about 6%, more than Maryland. Homes being built in HoCo and MoCo are at the expense of Baltimore City, which has a lot of vacant property.

IMO, that's a skewed stat (not arguing with you).

Our values didn't drop as far to begin with, so the rebound didn't have as much to go, when compared to someplace like Las Vegas or Phoenix. This is in very large part to what gprimr1 referenced earlier.

We (as a region) have a huge contingent of people either directly or indirectly paid by governments, whether local, state or Federal. NoVA is the same way.

The population density in both central MD and NoVA is enough to make the statewide numbers out of balance, and somewhat misleading.

Mr H

Banana'd
    This is amusing to me - I just had this very conversation with my brother the other day in the Inner Harbor. He was visiting from another state with his family, and asked what Baltimore is known for these days. My answer - drugs, murder, violence...and being the home of the Orioles, Ravens, and Legg Mason.

Did you notice how the Inner Harbor and the immediate surroundings have become even more 'touristy'?? It's taking on an "Ocean City West" air.

Whether anyone actually lives in the city proper is really not their concern any more, as long as the entertainment dollars come through. And, if someone DOES live there, they now have no reason to stray far to be fleeced of their hard-earned.

Plan Maryland... Barnum would be proud.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Maryland, unlike some of the other blue states, has a HUGE amount of government jobs and they just keep opening up more.

The only thing propping up Md as a whole is spending associated with the fed gov

The only solution for individuals living in states like Md is to move.

The sooner you do it the happier you will be.

Md gov is like a drug addict that is in denial about their substance abuse problem.....they need to hit bottom in a spectacular/undeniable manner.

Until Md become the state version of Detroit with NOWHERE to go they will continue to soak the productive minority for revenue to purchase the votes of the unproductive majority.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom