• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Honestly, I was in awe yesterday reading this thread and seeing all you and your family did. It was truly inspiring. I didn't mean to direct anything at you or at any other single person, I'm sorry you took it that way. I know you expended a lot of energy yesterday and you are tired I'm sure. I have a thick skin and didn't get offended by what you posted.

My point is that we have been polite and taken the high road for a long time and it's gotten us nowhere. It's time to try something different.

Again, I ask.....try what? I'm all ears.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Again, I ask.....try what? I'm all ears.
    Show emotion. Be angry. Stop your testimony and call them out by name when they are playing games on their laptop or phone. Snap your fingers at them to get their attention (that was awesome). Tell them that if these bills become law you have no intention of complying with them. Wearing a t-shirt is one thing, but actually looking them in the eyes and saying it is something else. Show them pictures of your kids and ask why you aren't allowed to protect them when outside of your house. Use emotion and feelings instead of logic and data because that is what they respond to.

If I ever get the chance to testify again I will tell them the story of my aunt, who owned horses in Harford County, and how her estranged husband called her and told her he stopped feeding the horses and they were dying, to lure her back to the property and then shot her and shot himself. She was a recreational shooter and owned several guns. Now there is a memorial scholarship for radiology in her name at Hopkins. My grandparents both cussed the state on their deathbeds for taking away her ability to defend herself.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I think more delegates actually listened than in some years past. And the chair handled things fairly I think. I don't know what happened with moving the HBAR bill, although I have my ideas. Although with the appearance of the lack of support, that idea may not be valid. There were the 5 bills they grouped, which I don't agree with, that had other sponsors there to introduce. My guess is those groups were pushing to be moved up. Idk. At any rate, thank you to everyone who stood by us. In a shocking turn of events, as we were walking back to Navy Stadium, a car pulls over and tells us to hop in, he'll give us a ride the rest of the way. It was Clippinger.

Clippinger? Wow that is a shocker.
    I have to say though, I think he ran the hearing fairly, certainly better than some in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Show emotion. Be angry. Stop your testimony and call them out by name when they are playing games on their laptop or phone. Snap your fingers at them to get their attention (that was awesome). Tell them that if these bills become law you have no intention of complying with them. Wearing a t-shirt is one thing, but actually looking them in the eyes and saying it is something else. Show them pictures of your kids and ask why you aren't allowed to protect them when outside of your house. Use emotion and feelings instead of logic and data because that is what they respond to.

Good suggestions.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

If I ever get the chance to testify again I will tell them the story of my aunt, who owned horses in Harford County, and how her estranged husband called her and told her he stopped feeding the horses and they were dying, to lure her back to the property and then shot her and shot himself. She was a recreational shooter and owned several guns. Now there is a memorial scholarship for radiology in her name at Hopkins. My grandparents both cussed the state on their deathbeds for taking away her ability to defend herself.
    Agree with all of the above. Mopar vented for us. More people flipping the bird and telling them to go eff themselves on legislation that's still in play will backfire on us. A R&R said, there's an important balance with the bad vs cop routine, and when to play it. Mopar also had testified numerous times with facts and logical arguments before his drop the mike exit post 3am. AOB and others followed after the legislators' attention was secured. Let's move forward from this. Same team.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Nay_sayer

May 30, 2013
    Lothian, MD
    One of the differences between “us” and “them” is our ability to be true individuals united by a cause without needing to be part of an organized group or driven by group-think. It’s BS to see all of these posts eating our own again. Mopar did Mopar just like everyone else did it their way. That’s a good thing. My hat’s off to all of you who have supported the cause whether it was 1968, 2013, 2019 or any other point.

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County

Also agree. Put them on the defensive.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Thanks Stoveman. I woke up and read all this and just got furious.

Who was really butt hurt was the woman from Marylanders for prevention of gun violence or whatever. They kept referring to her as from MOMs and she was clearly getting annoyed by it. Gold. I almost felt bad for her. almost. it was kind of cringeworthy.

Let me say your hubby is lucky to have such a warrior , i am grateful to have walked the sidewalk and to been at the MGA .

Keep doing what you have been doing , it was perfect . :thumbsup:

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad

While I didn't testify I did manage to severely piss off a Mommy who wants action. She was very uncomfortable and displeased with me! :patriot:

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    Is she the young lady with the long pony tail and tied-off t-shirt? If so, her testimony rocked!

Standard issue "not taking away from anyone else's testimony" disclaimer goes here.

That was me. Thank you.

. . . and great hair.

Lol, Thanks! I had to make sure to not cover the shirt!

Honestly, I was in awe yesterday reading this thread and seeing all you and your family did. It was truly inspiring. I didn't mean to direct anything at you or at any other single person, I'm sorry you took it that way. I know you expended a lot of energy yesterday and you are tired I'm sure. I have a thick skin and didn't get offended by what you posted.

My point is that we have been polite and taken the high road for a long time and it's gotten us nowhere. It's time to try something different.

Thank you. we're good. Just please, please give concrete advice. This "something different" is not helpful. If you have good points to bring up, incidents, facts, stories, numbers, etc, please share them. Given 2 minutes, it is HARD to get in the information we need, while still finding little things to do to get their attention. A handful of people had flashdrives to put info on the screens. Maybe more of us need to find out how to do that. Pictures of kids proudly and safely shooting? idk. I don't have kids so...

someone else doesn't have thick skin and i got a "point" for insulting other members. Whatever. I've got to get my Senate testimony together and printed up for tomorrow.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    As our spirited discussion shows, we are not monolithic... no genuine group is. It's OK for them to see individuals as individuals. Some are cool under fire, some are passionate, some are both. They need to know that we come from all walks of life and we represent real communities, real families, and real views. We are not a bought and paid for group of astro-turf activists.... we are real people... we are real voters.

Bring on the level headed attorneys, the physicians with great hair, the ladies with spines of steel, and the folks who let their fingers do the talking. MGA needs to see all of us and they have to know that we are all opposed to these tyrannical bills... each in our own personal style.

My $0.02. I'm proud of the whole community. You done did good.

mickeyk9

Member Lives Matter
    Aug 18, 2011
    quantum spins
    Just read through all of these pages.. makes me proud. We may be a little dysfunctional in some ways.. but so darn functional in many others. :party29:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Thank you. we're good. Just please, please give concrete advice. This "something different" is not helpful. If you have good points to bring up, incidents, facts, stories, numbers, etc, please share them. Given 2 minutes, it is HARD to get in the information we need, while still finding little things to do to get their attention. A handful of people had flashdrives to put info on the screens. Maybe more of us need to find out how to do that. Pictures of kids proudly and safely shooting? idk. I don't have kids so...

someone else doesn't have thick skin and i got a "point" for insulting other members. Whatever. I've got to get my Senate testimony together and printed up for tomorrow.

Welcome to Club Infraction Reaction!

You got spunk! You are 98 pounds of fury, and pound for pound, our most effective fighter against the Infringers!

Keep up the great work and thanks to both you and Art for gutting it out for The Longest Day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom