• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SigP226

Jul 22, 2011
    Youngsville, NC
    The wife and I try to get to the range early Saturdays, but couldn't manage today. I was lucky enough however to make it up to 2A Sales in the afternoon to look at stuff, and pick up some ammo. Always fun...

Crab Bait

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2011
    Pasadena
    Hope you had fun. I took my middle son to the range after his basketball game today.

Buck Mark, Police Service Six, and Gold Cup got workouts today!

carpoor

Dec 17, 2011
    I try to stay out of the ranges on the weekends unless I get there as they open. I hate waiting for an hour before I can even go shoot.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Hope you had fun. I took my middle son to the range after his basketball game today.

I took my daughter for her first time. She is 10 years old and was mostly concerned that we weren't killing any animals. The Ruger 10/22 is big for her. I haven't dug out the Savage yet, its still a surprise .... Anyway, she shot her first target at 25 with a scope and immediately improved. We had one opportunity to shoot at 50 and then had to go home. Here are the pics. She said she liked it. Mommy wasn't really impressed. Oh well, I am still 1/2 of her parents.....

We asked Alex if we could shoot beyond the yellow chain, so we weren't so close to the "cannons". It really helped and I so appreciate the gesture and help. Every time an AR went off there was "flinch".

Attachments

• 100_2017a.jpg
      100_2017a.jpg
      100.4 KB · Views: 231
    • 100_2011a.jpg
      100_2011a.jpg
      111.4 KB · Views: 232

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I took my daughter for her first time. She is 10 years old and was mostly concerned that we weren't killing any animals. The Ruger 10/22 is big for her. I haven't dug out the Savage yet, its still a surprise .... Anyway, she shot her first target at 25 with a scope and immediately improved. We had one opportunity to shoot at 50 and then had to go home. Here are the pics. She said she liked it. Mommy wasn't really impressed. Oh well, I am still 1/2 of her parents.....

We asked Alex if we could shoot beyond the yellow chain, so we weren't so close to the "cannons". It really helped and I so appreciate the gesture and help. Every time an AR went off there was "flinch".

I think I was two benches to the right from you. Were you there kinda late in the afternoon around 3-4pm or so?

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak

Glad you had a good time. I understand that Alex has been known to let the kids shoot his steel targets if they ask him.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Yep. That's exactly when we were there. Were you shooting an AR and checking the scope after every other round?

Nope. I was in between two AR shooters, the right of me was father and child, left was guy with .308 AR and Sig AR. I was shooting my 10/22 TD and Sub 2000. I was the extremely tall guy in a large knee brace.

bkuether

Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Nope. I was in between two AR shooters, the right of me was father and child, left was guy with .308 AR and Sig AR. I was shooting my 10/22 TD and Sub 2000. I was the extremely tall guy in a large knee brace.

Yes! Saw your Sub 2K was admiring it. I have one as well. Yours is stainless very cool.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Yes! Saw your Sub 2K was admiring it. I have one as well. Yours is stainless very cool.

Hard chrome is what I think they call it, but yes sounds like me. Those were the first rounds through that one, shouldn't have as many FTF or FTE's now as it did since I detail stripped, cleaned, and lubed it.

bkuether

Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Hard chrome is what I think they call it, but yes sounds like me. Those were the first rounds through that one, shouldn't have as many FTF or FTE's now as it did since I detail stripped, cleaned, and lubed it.

You will find that gun won't start shooting to your exact liking, until sometime after 400 rounds. Are you on the KTOG forum?

CanonShooter

Photographer
    Feb 29, 2012

Looks like she had a blast... :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom