• Status
    Not open for further replies.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Pretty sure I have had punched skate wings a few times. They are so good I am stunned that there isn't a legit market for them. It makes sense that real scallops have a part that has different texture on the side by the shell hinge.

Do you just hit the wings with a cookie cutter and cook like scallops?
    What, no one around here likes turtles? :shrug:

I love turtle. The was a place on the Eastern shore where I got snapper for $6.99 a pound, but now can for the life of me remember where it was.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Aventus too? If I'm thinking of the right character, I liked him...and wouldn't have expected him to take himself out like that. His avatar was some sort of thoughtful looking gorilla, wasn't it? It's hard keeping everyone's handle, avatar, real name and real face straight. :o

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    Pretty sure I have had punched skate wings a few times. They are so good I am stunned that there isn't a legit market for them. It makes sense that real scallops have a part that has different texture on the side by the shell hinge.

Has anyone had bull nose ray? They are delicious. Only problem being they have a venom sack close to where the "sweet meat" is located in the wings, but if processed right they are excellent. A lot of people mistake a bull nose Ray for skate. Bull nose rays don't have dorsal fins.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    Apparently he got a little irate and was literally asking for it. I don't know what else was posted or pm-ed, but he got the big, "goodbye."

It was kind of like the boss hearing he was giving his notice, so he fired him...:lol:

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Do you just hit the wings with a cookie cutter and cook like scallops?

I love turtle. The was a place on the Eastern shore where I got snapper for $6.99 a pound, but now can for the life of me remember where it was.
    Could it have been Cool Ice in Cambridge. If it comes out of the water, they have it. Muskrat was on special Tuesday.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Could it have been Cool Ice in Cambridge. If it comes out of the water, they have it. Muskrat was on special Tuesday.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I don’t think it was Cambridge. Wish I could remember because I would love to make some turtle soup.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Pretty sure I have had punched skate wings a few times. They are so good I am stunned that there isn't a legit market for them...

You can get skate wings at Lotte or H-Mart. Sometimes they have fresh, but always frozen in the frozen fish section. Sometimes they're a pain to fillet, you need a sharp knife.

This is just another MDS thread. OT posts can be skipped over. Breaking the rules after warnings is a choice. When I start getting bent up, I step away for a few days. I can't iimagine getting in a keyboard fight because I disagree about somethinng like lane splitting with a guy who could very well become a good friend. Breathe, relax. Go ride you bike of choice. I come back and forget it, move on, and hope I didn't push anyone's buttons too hard.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    You can get skate wings at Lotte or H-Mart. Sometimes they have fresh, but always frozen in the frozen fish section. Sometimes they're a pain to fillet, you need a sharp knife.

Good to know!!

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Can’t believe after 25 pages people still don’t get the point and are still harping on the ban. And BTW I like a good crab cake on top of my burger!

Oh hell no. Keep my lobster and filet mignon separate and my blue cheeseburger and crab cake separate.

A couple Fridays ago, my wife made salmon cakes, and they were actually pretty decent. The kids liked them so much there wasn't a single one left. My wife and I were both amazed. Granted, not close to a crab cake, but a decent way to eat salmon short of sushi.

Wonder how many on here like sushi.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Yes. They are made from skate wings. The give away is when all of the "scallops" are the exact same size and shape.

Yep, skate wings and not shark, unless shark is a new thing. I have known about the skate wings in lieu of scallops for a couple decades now. If they are doing it with shark meat now, that would be new.

Reminds me of the first birthday dinner my wife made me. Linguine and sauteed scallops in a white wine sauce with fresh parsley. I had also just done a 30,000 mile tuneup on her car that saved her $400. 16 years later and I think she has made that pasta for me twice, and all three times before kids entered the equation.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Oh hell no. Keep my lobster and filet mignon separate and my blue cheeseburger and crab cake separate.

A couple Fridays ago, my wife made salmon cakes, and they were actually pretty decent. The kids liked them so much there wasn't a single one left. My wife and I were both amazed. Granted, not close to a crab cake, but a decent way to eat salmon short of sushi.

Wonder how many on here like sushi.
    My wife made AWESOME salmon cakes and homemade tartar sauce last night.

I love sushi. In fact, I look at nature in terms of what I can eat.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009

This is just another MDS thread. OT posts can be skipped over. Breaking the rules after warnings is a choice. When I start getting bent up, I step away for a few days. I can't iimagine getting in a keyboard fight because I disagree about somethinng like lane splitting with a guy who could very well become a good friend. Breathe, relax. Go ride you bike of choice. I come back and forget it, move on, and hope I didn't push anyone's buttons too hard.

Lotte and H-Mart are right next to one another in Ellicott City. The seafood there might rival the best I have ever seen. My wife gets tuna and salmon from either of those places to make sushi. They are both crazy packed with people on the weekend though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom