• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    I think it's rather demeaning to pack this thread with BS about recipes and so forth.

Jeff has done a lot for 2A in MD, and brought national attention to our issues, not once but several times. However abrasive his attitude toward those he felt were doing more harm than good with their posts, actions and attitudes, no one can deny his single-minded devotion to our common cause.

I fully agree with the good Doctor that there's a lot of thin-skinned folks around. Hurt feelings reports must clog the Mod inboxes. Too bad he got banned, in the last week or two of the GA session.

Gambler better watch his step. Outspoken activism apparently offends a lot of the more sensitive souls.

I said it before and I will say it again...
    If the off-topic back and forth took place in the "Prayers For Rack" thread, I would agree it was demeaning and disrespectful. This is a permaban thread, nothing more. There is nothing sacred about this thread.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I think it's rather demeaning to pack this thread with BS about recipes and so forth.

Jeff has done a lot for 2A in MD, and brought national attention to our issues, not once but several times. However abrasive his attitude toward those he felt were doing more harm than good with their posts, actions and attitudes, no one can deny his single-minded devotion to our common cause.

I fully agree with the good Doctor that there's a lot of thin-skinned folks around. Hurt feelings reports must clog the Mod inboxes. Too bad he got banned, in the last week or two of the GA session.

Gambler better watch his step. Outspoken activism apparently offends a lot of the more sensitive souls.

You seem to be easily offended too. Better look in the mirror before calling out others on this forum. Jeff was banned. That's the end of that story. Those of us on the forum that realize this is the MDS forum and not the Jeff/Rack and Roll forum get it.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    In Bob's defense, he's not talking about Norton or other mods. He's referring to people reporting posts when there is a call to get involved. Sometimes these calls haven't been tactful (by enthusiastic folks, not necessarily R&R), and this has rubbed other folks the wrong way. I'm pretty sure this is what Bob was writing in his response to Gambler.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I will then clarify my rationale further then. The only individual to blame is Jeff. And any leader knows you cannot get people involved if you aren't tactful and rub other folks the wrong way when expressing your viewpoint. I could make the case, that you are hurting your cause if you are trying to get people involved or to support your cause.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I will then clarify my rationale further then. The only individual to blame is Jeff. And any leader knows you cannot get people involved if you aren't tactful and rub other folks the wrong way when expressing your viewpoint. I could make the case, that you are hurting your cause if you are trying to get people involved or to support your cause.
    Jeff owns his banning. He would tell you this. He knows that the mods supported the work he was doing and gave him second and third chances. And from my bit of follow-up with him, he knows that he blew it.

As per the discussion of how to best involve people, I completely agree that this is an area where tact and not shaming is required. People contribute in different ways - some through donations, some through spreading 2A info to others in person, some through taking others to the range, some through sharing information on this forum about firearms, some through testimony in Annapolis, some through talking to their legislators, some through active participation in 2A organizations, etc.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I have had a couple friends die in car accidents , our friends went out and celebrated the guys life with a few drinks and dinner . This is a tribute of sorts to R & R . Rack was not perfect just like me and most all here , except maybe two :D

There are times Rack was a PITA and times he was hitting on all cylinders . Jeff is /was good for the cause and it is exciting to me to see what our members are doing .
    It is fun watching the PP ruffle a few feathers and making the presence known .

Do we need more popcorn .
    All in all Rack is a good guy with his heart in the right place but truth be told He Would Not Comply .

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I said it before and I will say it again...
    If the off-topic back and forth took place in the "Prayers For Rack" thread, I would agree it was demeaning and disrespectful. This is a permaban thread, nothing more. There is nothing sacred about this thread.

Can’t believe after 25 pages people still don’t get the point and are still harping on the ban. And BTW I like a good crab cake on top of my burger!

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Jeff owns his banning. He would tell you this. He knows that the mods supported the work he was doing and gave him second and third chances. And from my bit of follow-up with him, he knows that he blew it.

As per the discussion of how to best involve people, I completely agree that this is an area where tact and not shaming is required. People contribute in different ways - some through donations, some through spreading 2A info to others in person, some through taking others to the range, some through sharing information on this forum about firearms, some through testimony in Annapolis, some through talking to their legislators, some through active participation in 2A organizations, etc.

All points well taken! :thumbsup:

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    Yes. They are made from skate wings. The give away is when all of the "scallops" are the exact same size and shape.

In G. Gordon Liddy's book, The Monkey Handlers, the ex-Navy Seal knows the scallops his date gets are from halibut, as they are uniform in size.

th

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    How else would you tell? Either this has never happened to me, or it's a really good substitute.

I believe that a real scallop will also have a small muscle where it was connected to the shell and the shark version does not. That small muscle looks like a slightly off colored knot on the very side of the body.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016

Yeah, his single-minded devotion to our common cause came at the expense of a lot of good people, initially willing to assist/join the PP, being told to go screw themselves. How many times during the last three years did we see members of this group named/shamed, had copies of their private e-mails and text messages posted to humiliate them, had bald-faced lies posted about them, called 'Fudds' 'Democrats' 'infringers' and 'Hillary supporters' simply because they weren't willing to prostrate themselves before the self-appointed Saint of 2A activism in MD with unquestioning devotion? How many, Bob? I lost count so pardon me if I don't mourn the banning of someone who, without a doubt, was the most toxic and disruptive influence members of MDS have probably ever witnessed...just because he wouldn't play nice with others and heed forum rules.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I have had a couple friends die in car accidents , our friends went out and celebrated the guys life with a few drinks and dinner . This is a tribute of sorts to R & R . Rack was not perfect just like me and most all here , except maybe two :D

There are times Rack was a PITA and times he was hitting on all cylinders . Jeff is /was good for the cause and it is exciting to me to see what our members are doing .
    It is fun watching the PP ruffle a few feathers and making the presence known .

Do we need more popcorn .
    All in all Rack is a good guy with his heart in the right place but truth be told He Would Not Comply .

More than that, sometimes Jeff is SUPERCHARGED!

I've only met him a few times, but my impression of him in person has always been favorable.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Pretty sure I have had punched skate wings a few times. They are so good I am stunned that there isn't a legit market for them. It makes sense that real scallops have a part that has different texture on the side by the shell hinge.

May 13, 2005
    This thread truly saddens me. I've been through a lot of years with this site and seen a lot of people come and go. I've seen a lot of people get their panties in a bunch, sometimes legitimately sometimes not. Equally, I've seen aggressive behavior and calling out people only because of what they would or wouldn't do to match ones perceived devotions to the cause. I just hope moving forward that both sides realize you are fighting a losing battle and that this separation is a gigantic win for those who want the strictest gun control implemented in MD. And make no mistake, they are reading this thread and loving it. New strategies and methods are needed, anyone can see that, and it will only get worse in the next 2 and even 10 years. The only thing else to say is this fight is bigger than you, and by you, I mean all of us - banned or not. Except for the gun grabber moles that think we don't know who you are, you can kiss my ass... data mining is a beeyatch ;)

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I believe that a real scallop will also have a small muscle where it was connected to the shell and the shark version does not. That small muscle looks like a slightly off colored knot on the very side of the body.

Yup, this. I worked at a Philips in OC in 81. We would get in 50lb sacks of "scallops", they real ones would have the tails and a membrane that needed to be removed. The fake ones were cookie cutter and would be packaged the same way.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom