• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I read the other thread about some of the really surprising things people have seen at MSAR, and am a bit hesitant about going there. I am from the west coast and want to try out a new handgun I bought last week.
    Can anyone tell me if MSAR have strange rules like not allowing people to pick up their own brass to reload, or requiring people to buy their targets there?
    I'm leaning toward MSAR because they don't charge by the hour like the NRA range does in Fairfax. I find it strange any range charges by the hour since all the indoor and outdoor ranges I have shot at before allowed you to shoot day for one price. Thanks.

Unless things have changed recently, they don't really charge by the hour. If it's a busy day and there's a line, they'll usually boot you after one hour, but I've never been charged for additional time any weekday I've gone.

Jim

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    MSAR is supposed to be moving into a new facility sometime this summer. From what the guy at the counter told me they were going to grow from the 12 pistol lanes that they have now, to 14 pistol lanes and 14 rifle lanes. :clap:

the cat is out of the bag..:innocent0

<cough> its later than that.. last time they told me </cough>

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Unless things have changed recently, they don't really charge by the hour. If it's a busy day and there's a line, they'll usually boot you after one hour, but I've never been charged for additional time any weekday I've gone.

Jim

negatory.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    <cough> couple blocks away </cough>

damn i need some halls or something.. :innocent0

In that case, anyone know if it's legal to carry loaded in the parking lot between your car and the range?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    In that case, anyone know if it's legal to carry loaded in the parking lot between your car and the range?

i highly doubt it.. dont want to be the test case especially a lot of LEO use that range.

its not really that bad neighborhood.. the people that goes there is another story.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    MSAR is fine when it's not packed but I suggest you DO NOT go when it's busy because of their poor ventilation system.
    I made that mistake once, never again.
    Call ahead or if you see a lot of cars in the parking lot, turn around and leave.
    I ended up coughing up black crap for hours and had black boogers after shooting for only about 15 minutes. All the lanes but one or two were being used.
    To top that off I ended up getting a bad throat/sinus infection that lasted for more than a week thanks to all that toxic smoke.

jdramsey

Troll hunter.
    Aug 5, 2009
    St. Mary's Co. MD
    Never had an issue with going there on week nights. But weekends can be crowded, and it seems like two weeks following the Silverado gunshow at Show Place arena (Waiting period) that place is jacked up, and ghetto fabulous. To be expected I guess.

Schoen

Oct 10, 2010
    mechanicsville MD
    Has anybody else have hot chunks of lead come flying back ? or is it just me ,i wasn't shooting i was about to change out the target. bad ventilation ? there are enough bullet holes above behind and in front to air out the place.

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    I like it there, but not nearly as much as the AGC. I am always looking around to make sure people aren't going for headshots aka blasting the sheet out of the target holder. Fun range if you beat the crowds, not worth the wait if you don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom