• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    This is what the law says:

Emphasis is mine.

Our interpretation for the purposes of the management of the forum is that it is not permissible to offer them for sale, even if the actual transaction occurs outside of the state.

with that, if you are a maryland resident, how can you purchase hi-cap out of state?
    i believe this law applies within the state.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Man... Maryland just does not like firearms enthusiasts.

At least we can still have 20 rounds, and aren't limited to 10

But in the end, that's still pretty scant consolation

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    with that, if you are a maryland resident, how can you purchase hi-cap out of state?
    i believe this law applies within the state.

Because you are physically outside of the state when you purchase them.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    yes but does it say "within Maryland"?

It doesn't say otherwise either, and while in most normal states that would be a clear enough indication that since it is not otherwise prohibited that it is permitted, Maryland law rarely works that way in application....especially when it comes to firearms.

The vagueness leaves too much room for interpretation and a wise person will always err on the side of caution in this state.

That's the crux of the problem.

If you are willing to be the test case, be my guest.

The forum will have no part of it, absent convincing evidence otherwise.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    It doesn't say otherwise either, and while in most normal states that would be a clear enough indication that since it is not otherwise prohibited that it is permitted, Maryland law rarely works that way in application....especially when it comes to firearms.

The vagueness leaves too much room for interpretation and a wise person will always err on the side of caution in this state.That's the crux of the problem.

If you are willing to be the test case, be my guest.

The forum will have no part of it, absent convincing evidence otherwise.

i agree with you here.
    no more arguments from me on this.:thumbsup:

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    You should have a MDS meet and greet at a restaurant/etc in shrewsbury or some other just over the border location. Bring the magazine "collection" to show off to other gun enthusiasts.
    Even though they are not for sale now, once you get there you might consider selling part or all of your collection. Perhaps you could even place a per magazine value on your collection prior to the meet and greet.

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    You should have a MDS meet and greet at a restaurant/etc in shrewsbury or some other just over the border location. Bring the magazine "collection" to show off to other gun enthusiasts.
    Even though they are not for sale now, once you get there you might consider selling part or all of your collection. Perhaps you could even place a per magazine value on your collection prior to the meet and greet.

:lol2: Although it would be nice to meet some of the people here. I do come out of the woods every now and then. :D I do plan on going to the Frederick Show the 5th and 6th looking for ammo cans. Hopefully they didn't go through the roof with everything else. :sad20:

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Just announce your intention to sell them for $40 each, but don't offer them for sale and certainly do not accept any offers unless and until you are in a state where it is legally permitted.

FYI, this probably may not have to be another state. Your attorney may confirm that a an embassy driveway, diplomatic mission or consilate, or a national park are areas not subject to MD statues.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Just announce your intention to sell them for $40 each, but don't offer them for sale and certainly do not accept any offers unless and until you are in a state where it is legally permitted.

FYI, this probably may not have to be another state. Your attorney may confirm that a an embassy driveway, diplomatic mission or consilate, or a national park are areas not subject to MD statues.

just declare you house and property as an independant state. make it your embasy and create your own laws.:D

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    If you untie your shoes, turn around three times counterclockwise, and cross your fingers behind your back, then it's OK.

I think I have a letter from the Attorney General to prove it. I'll see if I can find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom