• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    From the ad for the CRX-16, that looks to be of a HBAR style barrel. So you should be in good shape OP.

Congrats on a new toy, put your worries aside. If worst comes to worst, it's the FFL's ass on the line, not yours. :)

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    That should be fine, it's an HBAR if the dealer can articulate why they think it's an HBAR. It is not MD regulated, and you were fine to purchase and walk out with it from a PA shop. You do not need to do anything in MD with the gun now, you are fine.

jcpuskar

Jul 15, 2013
    Forest Hill, MD
    It is an CRX-16. It seems the consensus that I am fine. The dealer is very reputable and has been in business near the Mason-dixon for many years. I thank you all for putting my worries to rest!

John

watts

Jun 17, 2013
    moco
    Nice rifle! Also shows that it's a competition rifle, which is part of the reason why HBARs were not regulated.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    That was my fault. I pasted the wrong link then quickly resubmitted it. The model I got was the CRX-16 which is mid-weight. So I am back to my original question... Am I ok?

Sorry for the mixup! I appreciate all the responses:thumbsup:

I am now out of my element. I am not familiar with the laws regarding "medium weight barrels".

At this point I would defer to the FFL who sold it to you.

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    I couldn't not buy it with a $1270 pricetag.

Nice stick. And the price looks great, too.

Did it come with BUIS?

ETA: Which shop in PA and did they have any left?

ETA2: They should have let you take the 30 rounder that came with the rifle since it was purchased out of state.

tvng22

May 9, 2013
    You're fine. Now head to Nations Gun Show next weekend and grab some 30rd PMags for like 15-20 bucks.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Here is what I got:
    http://www.coltcompetitionrifle.com/Firearms/ColtMarksmanModelCRX-16.aspx

I was not allowed to leave with the 30rd magazine, nor would they sell me any handgun.

Yes I have it in my possession. My question is: what do I have to do? I was told by a few people that all was good and others said that I need it transfered.....

I am now worrying

John

Holy Schnikies! That's the one Colt I want, it's the new model built out of their new plant in Breckenridge, TX about 20 miles from my home town. Very nice find, and yes I'm very envious.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    So now I go back and hit the original link again, and it says:

We raised the bar by including things like a match-grade, air-gaged, “Managanese-Phosphated” 4140 Chrome-Moly steel 16” mid-weight barrel. And a gas-operated original direct-impingement system to guarantee accuracy as well as a Colt Competition “twin-port” muzzle brake.

Not sure WTH is going on. OP, how about providing the actual model number (forget the link)?

I thought I was losing my mind as well...

Me too.....

jcpuskar

Jul 15, 2013
    Forest Hill, MD
    Nice stick. And the price looks great, too.

Did it come with BUIS?

ETA: Which shop in PA and did they have any left?

ETA2: They should have let you take the 30 rounder that came with the rifle since it was purchased out of state.

It was the only one they had.

I was able to take the 30rd magazine since I had a PA resident with me who is my friend and they let him take it out the door on his person.

Good luck in finding one someone locally.

John

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The funny thing is, you should have been able to take the 30 round magazine, as it is perfeclty legal to buy one in PA and bring it back to MD. You just cannot BUY (or sell) IN MD.

As for whether it is an HBAR or not, if you are worried, have the dealer give you a written statement (on the invoice is fine) that it is an HBAR. Or contact Colt about what exactly the profile of their "mid weight barrel" is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom