• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FightForTheRight

Young Gun
    Jan 13, 2010
    Montgomery County
    I was looking at NRA Basic Pistol classes to satisfy the Florida CCW requirement (my Maryland Online Course isn't enough :( ) Do I really have to dish out like $130 for this course? Thats more than the cost of the Florida CCW. Anyone have any suggestions that won't cost me so much money?

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    You just missed a Cresap Class that we offered for $50!!!
    Round up 9 more people and we will see if we can do another class!

demmo

Apr 26, 2009
    Topher I know at least 2 people that would want to take the basic pistol course the next time you offer it co-ed

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I was looking at NRA Basic Pistol classes to satisfy the Florida CCW requirement (my Maryland Online Course isn't enough :( ) Do I really have to dish out like $130 for this course? Thats more than the cost of the Florida CCW. Anyone have any suggestions that won't cost me so much money?
    Why don't you get a Virginia CC permit? They accept the MD online course.

FightForTheRight

Young Gun
    Jan 13, 2010
    Montgomery County
    WV accepts non-resident VA CCW whereas WV will not accept FL's nonresident CCW, correct? Also I heard something about VA allowing CCW in establishments that serve alcohol soon....has that or is that happened?

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    We can do CoEd class. The ones on the website now are just Ladies only.
    I have posted on MD shooters the CoEd classes.

You did not hear it from me but there may be a Personal Protection Outside the Home sometime before Summer. We need more daylight and higher tempatures for the amount of live fire.

No promises... ;)

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Will Florida accept the Md training couse card if it's signed? I got mine done at On Target. I have a Florida non resident permit packet right now.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Will Florida accept the Md training couse card if it's signed? I got mine done at On Target. I have a Florida non resident permit packet right now.

It would seem that they have rejected a number of applicants with just that card, I do know a few that have gotten it using the card as well. Take any NRA course and it passes Florida's requirement.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I mailed my packet with a copy of my safety card (and signed certificate that the card was cut out from vintage 2002) a hunter safety card, and a certificate for a Garand match saying I fired 60 rounds in competition. We'll see what happens.

Prz

Feb 28, 2010
    Parkville
    I just completed the Basic Pistol Course and the Personal Protection in the Home course through CRESAP and it was the best money I spent. It definately helped with my shooting. And the PPITH course was a blast. I highly recommend it.

demmo

Apr 26, 2009
    I just completed the Basic Pistol Course and the Personal Protection in the Home course through CRESAP and it was the best money I spent. It definately helped with my shooting. And the PPITH course was a blast. I highly recommend it.

+1

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    If you missed the Personal Protection in the Home course given at Cresap and want to take one, Baltimore County Game and Fish in Carney will have one in May. I will post the info on it very soon.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    WV accepts non-resident VA CCW whereas WV will not accept FL's nonresident CCW, correct? Also I heard something about VA allowing CCW in establishments that serve alcohol soon....has that or is that happened?

WV web page is confusing and only partially correct. As of last July 9th, they started accepting non resident FL permits. If the VA governor signs the new legislation that the VA GA just passed, you will be able to CC in an establishment that serves alcohol, but you will NOT be able to drink. If it is signed (and it will be) it will take effect July 1, 2010. Until then you must OC in a alcohol serving establishment in VA.

I just spent last weekend in Old Town Alexandria OC'ing in and out of restaurants and no one said a word. VA gets it. By the way, by legal definition there are no "bars" in the state
    of VA.

The FL permit is much more widely accepted than the VA permit, but if the VA permit allows you to carry where you want to, the extra expense probably isn't worth it. On the other hand, if you travel somewhere where VA permit isn't honored, the FL permit makes sense. Having the option to carry based on wider acceptance is always a good thing IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom