• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Just bear in mind, the only downside to the DD Omega (unless they've changed it), is those 4 damned set-screws, they can take forever to get tightened down, aside from that though, it's been a good rail. Have one on my D.I. upper.

Proper tools brother. As opposed to using the supllied hex keys. Use a Craftsman Allen Head socket set. Only reason I recommend Craftsman.
    Inexpensive
    High quality
    Lifetime Warranty
    Manufactured in the United States of America
    Also Snap-On makes long 5" long head extended reach allen heads.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Proper tools brother. As opposed to using the supllied hex keys. Use a Craftsman Allen Head socket set. Only reason I recommend Craftsman.
    Inexpensive
    High quality
    Lifetime Warranty
    Manufactured in the United States of America
    Also Snap-On makes long 5" long head extended reach allen heads.

That's the truth!, I didn't think to use a LONG extension when I did the install, enthusiasm overpowered thinking (yet again)... :o

It's on there now, I'll use my head if I ever need to take them off again, but since they got donated to my dad's build, unless he melts/ruptures a gas tube or shoots out a barrel, I'll probably never have to worry about it.

Blue Falcon

Oct 21, 2010
    Ceciltucky
    Let me ask you a question. How many AR' s have you worked on? Ive seen 2 piece DD Rails shoot loose, torque the AR receiver and cause gas tube allignment isssues, and bend with not very much force added.

I m not crap talking all DD products, just their 2 Piece rails.

Aparently you cant comprehend what I say because I shit talk all 2 piece FF and Non FF rails. Not just DD. 2 Piece units are for ease of application, not for optimum durability or function.

People "think" that by paying hundred or more for rails means they get better rails, its not true in all instances. Some cheap rails are cheap, some mid priced do all the high ends ones do, some expensive rails are not worth what the cheap ones cost.

Govt acceptance is not a stamp of excellence in all cases. People get the 2 piece ones because they buy other idiots koolaid.

Pick or defend your purchases all you want, be prepered for me to not agree and let you know my experience buries yours. Or you could go make your 20th thread about your favorite shop, or make some stupid counter review on the PPQ.
    You should not say a company's rail is garbage just because Scott's sells only YHM or thats the only rails you perfer to install. I'm not going to say that YHM is complete garbage but you will not see any of their products on my guns. I have a lot of DD products and believe thru my own experience and other peoples that they are the best rails in the industry. Also pulling from the bit of military knowledge I have I would say if our SF units use DD and not other companies there is a reason for that.
    I will also ask you how many classes have you taken your guns to and truly tested their capabilities. I ask this because if you did go to some higher level schools you most likey choose to put different products on your rifles. If you would like I can list the ones I have been to but that would be a quite a long list.
    Also for my table top review of the PPQ it was to make a joke. It's not too bad of a gun with a nice trigger from the factory. But I'll still take a glock or a M&P even in 40S&W over it. I do remember in one of your post that you said that you did a transfer on your PPQ at Freestate. Why so? Maybe because the gun wasn't all it was cracked up to be.
    As for me posting threads about one particular industry partner. I like to help promote a great gun shop with great employees and ethics.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    You should not say a company's rail is garbage just because Scott's sells only YHM or thats the only rails you perfer to install.
    I am a fairly suspicious guy of our IPs' motivation at times, but I have no idea where you came up with this. Chad's recommendations are generally pretty well thought-out and explained, and he's done enough for people on this forum that I think it's somewhat crass to start attacking his motivations without some very specific proof. I don't agree with every word he says, but doing it his way has usually worked out for me more or less.

I'm not going to say that YHM is complete garbage but you will not see any of their products on my guns.
    When did he say anything about YHM? Look, I've got YHM smooth, Surefire, and DD lite rails. DD (at least their Lite rail) is indeed the best, but you're paying the price for it. The YHM rail is heavier than the others, but I've banged around my gun a fair bit over the years, and the YHM rail has held up perfectly fine. For the price, it's pretty good. I've used UTG's crap before. Believe me when I say that YHM is much, much better. (I'm less of a fan of Surefire, ironically - they made some stupid design choices.)

The truth is this: some people can't be troubled to actually do research into what they're buying, so they revert straight back to "brand is everything". And then when they start espousing this on the interwebs, it screws up the people who are actually trying to do research, because you have a bunch of noise from people spouting off about how "Kimber 1911s are the best!" despite never even having handled more than one (if they're lucky).

FWIW, I think full-length quad rails are a waste of money. The "full rail on top, 3 short on sides/bottom" handguards are the way to go unless you have some very specific needs.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    2 piece rails have their purpose.

I have a 14.5" pinned flash hider and used 2 piece rails to avoid the bothersome removal and replacement of said flash hider.

A 1 piece freefloat is, of course, going to be a better choice, if you have the choice.

For those of us that never plan on using our rifles on a battlefield, training course or LEO action, a 2 piece works just fine.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    You should not say a company's rail is garbage just because Scott's sells only YHM or thats the only rails you perfer to install.

I'm not going to say that YHM is complete garbage but you will not see any of their products on my guns. I have a lot of DD products and believe thru my own experience and other peoples that they are the best rails in the industry. Also pulling from the bit of military knowledge I have I would say if our SF units use DD and not other companies there is a reason for that.
    I will also ask you how many classes have you taken your guns to and truly tested their capabilities. I ask this because if you did go to some higher level schools you most likey choose to put different products on your rifles. If you would like I can list the ones I have been to but that would be a quite a long list.
    Also for my table top review of the PPQ it was to make a joke. It's not too bad of a gun with a nice trigger from the factory. But I'll still take a glock or a M&P even in 40S&W over it. I do remember in one of your post that you said that you did a transfer on your PPQ at Freestate. Why so? Maybe because the gun wasn't all it was cracked up to be.
    As for me posting threads about one particular industry partner. I like to help promote a great gun shop with great employees and ethics.

Scott isnt the reason I suggest YHM AR Rails when people ask, its because I have personally installed every rail system out there. I know what each system costs, how they install, and what problems they come in for. I see problems with 2 pices DD Rails. People buy them because it says "D.D." on it and they think, oh it must be great. They buy them because gunshop idiots with absolutely no experience beyond using things at a static range suggest them. They buy them because people cant figure out how to drive out pins for the FSB, remove the Muzzle Device, or pay someone who actually knows what their doing to install them.

Some people buy products because their favorite gunshop sells them. When I suggest things I dont suggest it so they buy from Scotts or myself. I WORK for Scotts and YOU push your favorite shop more than I do my own employer. Anyone who doubts me, look it up. Half of his posts PIMP out his favorite I.P. They push D.D.

Scott stocks YHM because I AM the one who Orders and Stocks EVERYTHING AR and AK Related at Scotts. He dosent stock anything unless I give the :thumbsup: first. I order what works, mid range, and high end as for quality and price. I dont advertise YHM here, I stock them for when people ask for FBS chop jobs. Does your favorite shop do that? Does your favorite shop correct improper feedramps from "Tier 1" manufacturers?

Again, since you are dense, I didnt trash ALL D.D. products, just the 2 Piece Units. I think Tube Setup DD Rails and RaRue Rails are Fantastic, but not everyone can afford them. YHM FF Rails will hold up all day, every day against those other 2 for Half the Cost.

Your PPQ Review was expected from you. As for me selling it, I sold the PPQ because I had Medical Bills totaling 3,500 for my SICK Wife (Who is STILL SICK, and gets Surgery Tomorrow) you dense dumbass.

Heres the Ad for those not buying onto this guys ********: http://www.mdshooters.com/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=8607

I am a fairly suspicious guy of our IPs' motivation at times, but I have no idea where you came up with this. Chad's recommendations are generally pretty well thought-out and explained, and he's done enough for people on this forum that I think it's somewhat crass to start attacking his motivations without some very specific proof. I don't agree with every word he says, but doing it his way has usually worked out for me more or less.

When did he say anything about YHM? Look, I've got YHM smooth, Surefire, and DD lite rails. DD (at least their Lite rail) is indeed the best, but you're paying the price for it. The YHM rail is heavier than the others, but I've banged around my gun a fair bit over the years, and the YHM rail has held up perfectly fine. For the price, it's pretty good. I've used UTG's crap before. Believe me when I say that YHM is much, much better. (I'm less of a fan of Surefire, ironically - they made some stupid design choices.)

The truth is this: some people can't be troubled to actually do research into what they're buying, so they revert straight back to "brand is everything". And then when they start espousing this on the interwebs, it screws up the people who are actually trying to do research, because you have a bunch of noise from people spouting off about how "Kimber 1911s are the best!" despite never even having handled more than one (if they're lucky).

FWIW, I think full-length quad rails are a waste of money. The "full rail on top, 3 short on sides/bottom" handguards are the way to go unless you have some very specific needs.

This isnt my first rodeo with him.

I appreciate the backup but this guy is just another Fanboy who cant handle anyones exeperience being critical of what hes already vested in.

Paperpounder

Jan 12, 2011
    Hampstead, MD / NC

It seems a lot of handguards will not fit colts? I emailed Midwest and asked if the gen 2 drop would fit my system. He replied he has gotten mixed results. Now I really like the looks of this handguard so I am thinking of ordering it as he say if it didn't fit he would take it back.

So.... Does anyone have one on there colt 6920 or have advice??

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom