• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Because until this Supreme Court decision Maryland extended LEOSA - no strings attached- to those who retired from a MARYLAND law enforcement agency and/or a FEDERAL one. The rest of us, DC included, even though I lived in Maryland the whole time, had to provide/prove the: "good and substantial" reason to assert that Right. I thought it was BS, so I left my gun in a safe and went about my business resolved to do no more than call 911 and be a witness. Their loss, my gain. And a ton less liability.
    Now that regular folks in this disenfranchised territory are finally being allowed to exercise their 2A rights with a few less hurdles placed in front of their progress, I figured I'd join their ranks.
    Unless I'm seeing double, I answered this in another thread.

What do you mean Maryland extended LEOSA? LEOSA is a federal Law.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Mr. Eruby,
    I don't take issue with your assessment- but I was happy he told the State Police to stop ***** footing around and start processing our applications. Otherwise they'd have stayed hidden behind the "our legal team is assessing the issue" stall until a court case smoked them out- and that might have taken months.
    Fat Larry waited not only for cover from Thomas' robes but also the MD Court of Special Appeals. He is still and remains the Coward in Chief.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Because until this Supreme Court decision Maryland extended LEOSA - no strings attached- to those who retired from a MARYLAND law enforcement agency and/or a FEDERAL one. The rest of us, DC included, even though I lived in Maryland the whole time, had to provide/prove the: "good and substantial" reason to assert that Right. I thought it was BS, so I left my gun in a safe and went about my business resolved to do no more than call 911 and be a witness. Their loss, my gain. And a ton less liability.
    Now that regular folks in this disenfranchised territory are finally being allowed to exercise their 2A rights with a few less hurdles placed in front of their progress, I figured I'd join their ranks.
    Someone gave you bad info. Larry didn’t extend LEOSA. He has no authority to do so. What he did do, was exempt retired Maryland LEOs from G&S for the Maryland CCW.

As was said… LEOSA is Federal Law. Your home State Agency or the approved State Agency from where you retired normally provides a qualification course. You carry in all US States and Territories, except where otherwise prohibited. BUT, some states require twice annual qualification(NJ). Others, as per the Federal statute, require one annual qualification. There are requirements you must meet to be covered under LEOSA. Your thirty years service in a recognized US LEA and retired in good standing… should make you eligible.

tailgunner

Oct 18, 2013
    PAsadena Md.
    Not to mention that you have to do it again and again for renewals
    I assume that everyone in here has experience with firearms. The good news ( and I haven't seen it in here yet) is.... if you are prior military with an Honorable Discharge.... you are exempt from the training.

ICW2019

Mar 8, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    It was a cop on the take and it’s a federal case now.

I have never accepted or offered a bribe, but if I did, I’d probably insist on cash instead of using an electronic payment method like this cop did.

It says he told the applicants that they didn't need the training. I wonder what MSP did to these applicants whether they genuinely believed he was correct or just looking for a shortcut.

Blaster229 do you know him tell him that I need to talk to him. And no I am not stalking him.Thank you
    Click on their screen name and then click on "start a conversation". That will send a message directly to them and next time they're on this forum they will get the message.
    If your question is about retired DC cops getting MD permits, I have someone you can talk to- he is a ret Metro PD, Maryland resident instructor and pretty much exclusively teaches the class to MPD retirees who live in Maryland.

Ltap1

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 8, 2022
    Laurel
    Do you know him?
    Tell him that I know him from another site
    Click on their screen name and then click on "start a conversation". That will send a message directly to them and next time they're on this forum they will get the message.
    If your question is about retired DC cops getting MD permits, I have someone you can talk to- he is a ret Metro PD, Maryland resident instructor and pretty much exclusively teaches the class to MPD retirees who live in Maryland.
    Yeah the private message doesn’t work for me because I need permission from the administrator

Ltap1

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 8, 2022
    Laurel
    Bro you don’t know me so your opinions don’t matter. Just trying to get in contact with someone that’s all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Bro you don’t know me so your opinions don’t matter. Just trying to get in contact with someone that’s all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Keep it up "bro" and you might not be able to get a hold of him on this site.

Maybe he doesn't like you from the other site either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom