• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dukes Defense

Oct 2, 2012
    Any idea how good the PSA "classic LPK" is? I paid over 60 for a CMMG LPK a couple of weeks ago.

The PSA LPKs are almost as good as the CMMG kits. The main difference appears to be the quality of springs. The CMMG kit springs seem to be a bit better and more consistent in quality. I recently bought ten of each and they are almost identical. Also the hand grip screw on the CMMG is a hex bolt head vs a standard slotted bolt head grip screw in the PSA kit. But the PSA kit is available and they are almost giving them away which means you can get a j&P spring kit and keep the PSA springs as spares.

Dukes Defense

Oct 2, 2012

Elite84

Oct 29, 2008
    After seeing lou's evil post about the new items he has in stock i have decided I only need one of the 2 lowers i ordered through this deal. I will be happy to pass on one of the lower and lpk packages to someone who has miss the opportunity to order one. My order will ship in to zink arms in perryhall, it will cost exactly what i paid PSA including shipping $115 he charges $45 for transfer. PM me if you are interested.

bigplayer2382

Jan 18, 2013
    Salisbury
    shame i missed out on this, but the shipping made this a not so amazing deal anyway. great for the current time, but in 2 more months I would venture to say this deal will be "average"

The PSA LPKs are almost as good as the CMMG kits. The main difference appears to be the quality of springs. The CMMG kit springs seem to be a bit better and more consistent in quality. I recently bought ten of each and they are almost identical. Also the hand grip screw on the CMMG is a hex bolt head vs a standard slotted bolt head grip screw in the PSA kit. But the PSA kit is available and they are almost giving them away which means you can get a j&P spring kit and keep the PSA springs as spares.

I just did a build with the PSA LPK (except the FCG) and the grip screw was hex head. Just sayin'.

Infantry23

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Yup:thumbsup:

From what I've seen, the blemished lowers really don't look any different than the non-blems.The "worst" I've seen had a TINY nick on the magwell.

+1. That's exactly what mine was... a VERY VERY TINY nick in the well. FFL couldn't even find the blemish! $69.99 in November.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom