• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    whats required to finish a lower with this?
    buffer (tube spring buffer) and stock?

Yep. Buffer tube, buffer spring, stock, and you're good to go. If you're going the cheap route they're selling a BlackHawk! kit for 32.99

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    Just remember folks Blem lowers were occasionally on sale for $50 a few years ago... This is a great deal in these current times, but pre-panic this would have been an "it's good, but nothing exceptional" level deal. Hopefully this stupid bill will get overturned and thrown out, but just in case it isn't I'd order some now... just don't break the bank doing it.

dapefley

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Hughesville MD
    I am a complete AR noob, as I do not own one, and have not really taken the time to learn about them. With that said, are these polymer, billet or?? Be easy on me guys... I can't find where it says on the website. Also, would it be a good thing to have to start on a budget build? ie. will it last?

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    I am a complete AR noob, as I do not own one, and have not really taken the time to learn about them. With that said, are these polymer, billet or?? Be easy on me guys... I can't find where it says on the website. Also, would it be a good thing to have to start on a budget build? ie. will it last?

I've built one. They're great. They're forged aluminum, not polymer.

ziptiespec

These are not poly nor are they billet. They're forged aluminum. Here's the description from the lower receiver product detail page:

These lowers are made using the most advanced aerospace manufacturing technology to produce the industries finest, forged Mil-Spec lowers. Our receivers are machined on a multimillion dollar, automated, manufacturing system which enables us to produce a product of unequaled quality and value.

These forged lowers are quality made using material is 7075-T6 and are marked "CAL MULTI" to accommodate most builds. Finish is Black Hardcoat Anodize per MIL-8625 Type 3 class 2.

And yes, This is a great start for a budget build =) I paid $99 just for the lower a few months back. The LPK is about $60 so yeah, buy one... or 10!

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Just remember folks Blem lowers were occasionally on sale for $50 a few years ago... This is a great deal in these current times, but pre-panic this would have been an "it's good, but nothing exceptional" level deal. Hopefully this stupid bill will get overturned and thrown out, but just in case it isn't I'd order some now... just don't break the bank doing it.

I'm getting close to that point, but I'm ordering one :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom