• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldline6

Apr 1, 2018
    And the days of no reciprocity? That should be over, we live in the United States of America, we are not an island nation...Reciprocity should be extended to include our other states.
    If they don't do it now? They'll just do it later...

Oldline6

Apr 1, 2018
    We shouldn't be focusing on what we need to do...

We should be focusing on what THEY need to do...

Frosch will get over it...

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    The days of having to jump through hoops to exercise an enumerated right SHOULD be over!
    You're preaching to the choir. We've been waiting decades for this. We're all exhausted from being cranky about it for years on end, and poorer for having to fund litigation to try to fix it. There's light, now, at the end of the tunnel. Patience, if you don't want to wrestle with all of the permit steps. Or, if you have no more patience, just go get the required prints (I know, I know) and submit that application. Go! Or, wait a bit, and then go.

Oldline6

Apr 1, 2018
    I'm with ya Occam, I have been here forever...And I am tired as being treated like a guttersnipe kicked to the curb, we are paying them to do their job, I'd like to see Frosch do that, that opinion is airtight!
    I do not need them approving what my risk assessment is. It's my informed opinion, and I elect to chose to exercise my Constitution right...
    If NJ and Cali can figure out in a timely fashion? There is no need for this nonsense.

Last edited:

Oldline6

Apr 1, 2018
    That's no luck, that's past choices and man hours put into it to be exempt to defend our country, thank you...

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    I do not see why it is not Constitutional carry until Frosh wakes up and comes up with whatever scheme he wants...
    Read the opinion again.

The Supreme Court remanded the lawsuit (NYSRPA v Bruen) to the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals for a new hearing.

The NY government (AG, Governor, Mayors, and Bloomberg) will have the opportunity to file extensive briefs citing the dissenting Justices comments, and any other “evidence” they wish to present while arguing that the majority of the Supreme Court are mistaken.

Oldline6

Apr 1, 2018
    Dissenting opinion? Beyer's whining dicta for over 100 pages? That has no holding, it is loser whining...

Full stop..

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Read the opinion again.

The Supreme Court remanded the lawsuit (NYSRPA v Bruen) to the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals for a new hearing.

The NY government (AG, Governor, Mayors, and Bloomberg) will have the opportunity to file extensive briefs citing the dissenting Justices comments, and any other “evidence” they wish to present while arguing that the majority of the Supreme Court are mistaken.
    I respectfully disagree, in part.

The opinion decided that subjective determinations used by may issue states is unconstitutional. Since New York's law was declared unconstitutional, it was sent back to the lower court so the lower could rule consistently with the US Supreme Court's ruling. In other words, the Supreme Court decided it is in fact unconstitutional and the lower could needs to reexamine the evidence in the case and make a ruling consistent with the Supreme Court's opinion. The Supreme Court merely decided the constitutional question - the lower court must now consider the answer to the constitutional question when rendering its new opinion.

Dissenting remarks are dicta and hold no legal weight. However, dissents are used to help analyze how the court's majority reached its decision.

Upon remand, there will be no new evidence admitted, so the court will make its decision as to whether NY's law can stand given the Supreme Court's opinion (spoiler alert: there's no way in hell they can uphold NY's may issue law).

The Supreme Court isn't mistaken - it's the law of the land. Stare Decisis holds a lot of weight, and the court rarely reverses itself (which was somewhat surprising Roe was overturned). Plessy v. Ferguson (segregation is lawful if "separate but equal" facilities exist) was overturned by Brown v. Board (segregation is unconstitutional).

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    Because you need the 16 hour training PLUS the qualification score.
    What is the qualification score or course of fire for the non-security guard/LE route? All I've seen it is fired at out to 15 yards and 25 rounds. Anyone have details on the course of fire? I'd like to hit the range before my W&C class next week and shoot it just to make sure.

Matt

Oldline6

Apr 1, 2018
    Look, just to dispel whatever notions anyone may have. My experience with the MSP has been fine, good guys, professional...I respect that...
    Frosch and his office regarding 2A rights? He hasn't shown me anything but oppression...
    WE shouldn't act like kicked dogs. We are citizens with our rights, stand up and demand them...

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I respectfully disagree, in part.

The opinion decided that subjective determinations used by may issue states is unconstitutional. Since New York's law was declared unconstitutional, it was sent back to the lower court so the lower could rule consistently with the US Supreme Court's ruling. In other words, the Supreme Court decided it is in fact unconstitutional and the lower could needs to reexamine the evidence in the case and make a ruling consistent with the Supreme Court's opinion. The Supreme Court merely decided the constitutional question - the lower court must now consider the answer to the constitutional question when rendering its new opinion.

Dissenting remarks are dicta and hold no legal weight. However, dissents are used to help analyze how the court's majority reached its decision.

Upon remand, there will be no new evidence admitted, so the court will make its decision as to whether NY's law can stand given the Supreme Court's opinion (spoiler alert: there's no way in hell they can uphold NY's may issue law).

The Supreme Court isn't mistaken - it's the law of the land. Stare Decisis holds a lot of weight, and the court rarely reverses itself (which was somewhat surprising Roe was overturned). Plessy v. Ferguson (segregation is lawful if "separate but equal" facilities exist) was overturned by Brown v. Board (segregation is unconstitutional).
    Soooo worth repeating....thank you 6 pack!!!

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Worth a shot said to let them know if our applications go past 90 days because they've got a lawyer all set to slap a lawsuit on the state if they don't issue wear and carry licenses to non-g&s people. They certainly have some content in their training I'm not a fan of, but they're good people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom