• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Worth a Shot wants to do something for HGP applicants? Wow, what a difference from about 9 years ago.
    20220628_102606.jpg

I mean, if nothing else it's good for business. I have seen them in Annapolis testifying every time I've been there. That's more than I can say for some other FFLs in the area.

Oldline6

Apr 1, 2018
    "Justice delayed is no justice at all!"
    -William E. Gladstone.

That may a ring a bell with Frosch and his cadre.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    What is the qualification score or course of fire for the non-security guard/LE route? All I've seen it is fired at out to 15 yards and 25 rounds. Anyone have details on the course of fire? I'd like to hit the range before my W&C class next week and shoot it just to make sure.

Matt
    Not going to attempt to find the course of fire someone posted in one of these threads, but civilian fires 25 rounds... Armed Guard, etc. is 50.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Thank you for posting that...

My first W&C class, many years ago, offered me the 50 round course at no additional cost. I finished with a 98% as I went gangsta(90 degree cant) with the last few shots... still hit the target.

Last edited:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    My guess is they will simplify the application as the reasons needed are now out the door. No more Armed Guard, Business owner... and so on.
    My guess is they will keep dicking us around until they get their asses sued.

Now that it's a civil rights violation, it will get pricey to continue to infringe. That may be why MD hasn't come up with anything substantive regarding the decision: they're trying to figure how they can continue to screw us without it costing them their home and savings.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    My guess is they will keep dicking us around until they get their asses sued.

Now that it's a civil rights violation, it will get pricey to continue to infringe. That may be why MD hasn't come up with anything substantive regarding the decision: they're trying to figure how they can continue to screw us without it costing them their home and savings.
    I would say it's more sinister on Frosh's behalf. He spent his entire career screwing over peoples constitutional rights, and doesn't want to be the one to give the right back to the people.

He will try to delaying the inevitable, until he is out of office.

It's about him, not us.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I’m sure this has already been posted somewhere but I had to laugh when I read the quoted statement from the link. How in the **** do these people think they can circumvent the now law of the land and I’d like to see who they’re calling “key”

An f’ing third grader could tell them how to comply, start issuing permits forthwith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Follow the money...

It’s not even about the money. It’s only $75. (I understand it’s much more with everything else you need but that money isn’t going to the State. If they really wanted to make money they would either make it more expensive or issue permits easily and make it up with volume. Azzholes in Annapolis don’t think that way however. All one needs to do is look at trailer registration and tags.
    Maine has that figured out to a t

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    I don't recall having to do the interview for a renewal?
    It’s up to the assigned investigator. I know people who were interviewed every 3 years, others who were not.

It may also depend on what’s in Case Search and your fingerprint reports.

The one consistent part of the process as I’ve observed it over the years is the inconsistency between cases.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    It’s not even about the money. It’s only $75. (I understand it’s much more with everything else you need but that money isn’t going to the State. If they really wanted to make money they would either make it more expensive or issue permits easily and make it up with volume. Azzholes in Annapolis don’t think that way however. All one needs to do is look at trailer registration and tags.
    Maine has that figured out to a t

Meanwhile, a renewal for a Guard card or Private Detective license is still $10.00 for 3 years.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    I would say it's more sinister on Frosh's behalf. He spent his entire career screwing over peoples constitutional rights, and doesn't want to be the one to give the right back to the people.

He will try to delaying the inevitable, until he is out of office.

It's about him, not us.
    He truly believes that if another 500 unrestricted permits are issued, 5,000 people will be murdered within the month.

Erratic, irrational fear.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    He truly believes that if another 500 unrestricted permits are issued, 5,000 people will be murdered within the month.

Erratic, irrational fear.
    Ridiculous.

There's nowhere near 5000 thugs in Baltimorgue.

I do understand that he's protecting the livelihood of the state's judges, prosecutors and defense attorneys, though.

Lalez

BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2019
    Russia
    That's no luck, that's past choices and man hours put into it to be exempt to defend our country, thank you...
    Private citizens have the same 2nd Amendment as military…..there is no difference

Also there are some purple haired 300lb heffers in the military that can’t shoot a BB gun properly

Hell my brother is an Army Colonel JAG, Parajump School at Benning, SF missions with Delta under JSOC….know how much time he’s put in with a pistol in the military “about two hours range time” ( his words) in 10 years

Military and police shouldn’t be exempt for shit

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom