• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD
    Final update -
    After much research, here is what I found out.
    This is a post-ban MAK 90 Type 56 made by Poly Technologies at their factory
    It has the slant cut receiver
    It was brought in by by k. b. i of Harrisburg PA.
    From what I can gather this was some kind of "professional Bubbification" job.
    Much was changed on this gun.
    The slot that the lower handguard fits into is much smaller than a normal MAK90
    There is no MAK 90 or 7.62x39 Semi-automatic markings on the receiver.
    It does not have the spring-loaded firing pin.
    Other than a couple of cosmetic spots of rust, it is in good shape with a sharp, shiny bore.
    So. Having said all this, I got the gun for a song. It shoots really well, but I will buy a replacement top cover for it because yes, the scope won't hold zero and the scope is a POS anyway. I like iron sights. I will probably just keep it as is for 2-gun and 3-gun shoots and have fun with it. Thanks to everyone who gave helpful info and commented on my post. It's nice to have people who think like me in my corner. Semper Fi.

outrider58

Here's looking at you kid
    MDS Supporter
    Final update -
    After much research, here is what I found out.
    This is a post-ban MAK 90 Type 56 made by Poly Technologies at their factory
    It has the slant cut receiver
    It was brought in by by k. b. i of Harrisburg PA.
    From what I can gather this was some kind of "professional Bubbification" job.
    Much was changed on this gun.
    The slot that the lower handguard fits into is much smaller than a normal MAK90
    There is no MAK 90 or 7.62x39 Semi-automatic markings on the receiver.
    It does not have the spring-loaded firing pin.
    Other than a couple of cosmetic spots of rust, it is in good shape with a sharp, shiny bore.
    So. Having said all this, I got the gun for a song. It shoots really well, but I will buy a replacement top cover for it because yes, the scope won't hold zero and the scope is a POS anyway. I like iron sights. I will probably just keep it as is for 2-gun and 3-gun shoots and have fun with it. Thanks to everyone who gave helpful info and commented on my post. It's nice to have people who think like me in my corner. Semper Fi.

Thinking this may be a problem. I don't know, I'm no AK expert.:shrug:

Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD
    Yeah. I'm just going to leave it bubbafied for now. Too much else going on. Looks like a good "dead of winter" project tho. Plus my new workshop will be set up in the mancave and I'll finally have working room. 27x24 room dedicated to aman and his toys. Yeeeeessssss.

Last edited:

Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD
    More info from a friend on gunboards.com He thinks this rifle was one of the pre-ban rifles trapped in Customs waiting for release when the ban took effect. He said there were several shipments that sat for a couple of years while stuff was sorted out. Eventually they were shipped back, reconfigured for post ban and shipped back again. This was done in a bit of a hurry, thus no MAK90 mark on receiver. Most had the letter "S" added to serial number, but some slipped through the cracks. Mine has no letter "S".

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Pretty sure Poly Tech and Norinco are just names created for export. All the Chinese guns were made in state owned and state run factories. Norincos are made in factory 66 and Polys in factory 386. Both overseen by the PLA and Communist government.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Pretty sure Poly Tech and Norinco are just names created for export. All the Chinese guns were made in state owned and state run factories. Norincos are made in factory 66 and Polys in factory 386. Both overseen by the PLA and Communist government.

Wouldn't be surprised. Looks at the sks paratrooper and all of the clone shotguns and rifles the Chineese have made for export.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom