Votes: 26 19.1%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Which one makes easier by giving them probable cause to start looking around.

You don't have to bother telling me why that's "insignificant" :)
    You do know a police agency is not going to subpoena a person's social media accounts for a possible investigation into carrying a pistol where you aren't supposed to.
    Literally having the person in custody in the off limits area with a pistol is PC.
    Well, maybe you don't.

Tell me, what the crime is if someone says "I'm going to carry wherever I want".

So, big brother reads some sort of name on this forum, they get a subpoena for "forum name", twists Norton for so and so's info.
    They take some minimal forum info, try to find that poster and hit his house?

LOL

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    You do know a police agency is not going to subpoena a person's social media accounts for a possible investigation into carrying a pistol where you aren't supposed to.
    Literally having the person in custody in the off limits area with a pistol is PC.
    Well, maybe you don't.
    What I know is, I didn't refute that statement.

I refuted this one.

Insignificant.

You can say that you murdered someone, but the state still needs to prove your guilt.
    :shrug:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Well, maybe you don't.

Tell me, what the crime is if someone says "I'm going to carry wherever I want".

So, big brother reads some sort of name on this forum, they get a subpoena for "forum name", twists Norton for so and so's info.
    They take some minimal forum info, try to find that poster and hit his house?

LOL
    Yuge BGOS in this thread, along with a heaping helping of paranoia!

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    What if you claim to be an undocumented migrant, with a stolen gun? Will they hassle you or give you a benefits card and a nice hotel room somewhere?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Seems to me that a typical MD jury could easily be swayed against a defendant by a typical MD prosecutor, who would bring in statements by the defender from social media sites that could make the defendant look bad.

There's no doubt in my mind that a prosecutor would do so, and no doubt in my mind trhat the context would be suppressed, if it offered any more innocent or satirical interpretation. It could be fought by the defendant, at a cost of many hours of defense attorney time. That cost would be part of the punishment meted out by the State against a defendant who would be found not guilty.

Just remember, they hate you, and want to make you suffer. There is zero moral underpinning in politically motivated prosecution. Two thirds of your fellow subjects are fine with your being destroyed financially over 2A issues, whether or not you're constitutionally correct.

Sirex