• Undecided

Votes: 26 19.1%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    ... That's nice, but I'm trying to come up with a stand alone sticker/decal about the size of the old credit card logos, maybe the size of a business card. Subdued colors so as not to attract much attention. Something we could give out free to places we support so they wouldn't have to do anything but agree to put them on their doors.

I think the notice should be small and as unobtrusive as possible.

"Lawful Concealed Carry Permitted" Something like that.

Many business owners will be reluctant to scare off or frighten 97% of their customers for the sake of 3%.

On the other hand most are entirely unaware of the issue or the law, and it may be best to leave it at that. Suppose you ask a store owner to post a sign saying "Lawful Concealed Carry by License Holders Permitted" and they freak out, start hyperventilating, and post a big "NO GUNZ ALOUD" sign instead?

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland

Many business owners will be reluctant to scare off or frighten 97% of their customers for the sake of 3%.

On the other hand most are entirely unaware of the issue or the law, and it may be best to leave it at that. Suppose you ask a store owner to post a sign saying "Lawful Concealed Carry by License Holders Permitted" and they freak out, start hyperventilating, and post a big "NO GUNZ ALOUD" sign instead?
    I tend to agree---

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    I doubt 3% of store management and employees are aware of the law.

There are millions of laws out there, and most people have the wildest misconceptions about them. That's true of everyone, including LEOs.

That's why, at this point, the less said the better. It's like Fight Club.

Looks pretty explicit to me.

View attachment 432818

Scroll down/search on: Open Carry of Firearms

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I once joined a Zoom call with the president of a bank here in MD. Since I was joining like 10-15 mins early I joined with no mic or camera so he didn't realize it was just me and him and he was on-cam.

You guessed it, big ol booger right out of the nostril onto the index finger....he looks at it for a second and then BAM, HE EATS ON CAMERA!!

*barf*

I can rest-easy now that I don't have to take this to the grave with me....Oh, and I hope this comment gets subpoenaed as well
    My worst childhood nightmares have come true!!!

:rofl:

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    Rocking the Old School shirt today!

7f79a5d651ea7879241f7af92602f026.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    Are you transitioning?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009

Yeah , I get that , but SB-1 forces us into that .

Look at it this way , you've got nothing to loose , and only possible upside .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Here is the sign at Martin's Grocery in Eldersburg:

img_6836-jpeg.429445

Actually . that would be a good approach !

A Gun Buster graphic . and underneath in fine print " Licensed Concealed Carry Only " .

The Anti's would just look at the picture and feel smug . Win- Win

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    They both work for me, and I'm a regular at both stores.

I get a kick out of the Martin's gun buster sign, because it means almost the opposite of what it seems to say at a glance.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    They both work for me, and I'm a regular at both stores.

I get a kick out of the Martin's gun buster sign, because it means almost the opposite of what it seems to say at a glance.

Wally's sign works , in large part because it's buried in their usual larger signage .

The Martins would work better as a stand alone sign .

SigNerd

Feb 24, 2015
    I'm fine with depending on the implied permission to carry concealed due to existing signs that say not to open carry. It's a strong implication. But in 3 days open carry isn't legal anyway, so I could see the argument that any such signs placed after Oct 1 are just reinforcing the law against open carry, not permitting concealed carry by implication. Which won't matter with small stores, they'll say "yeah, I meant concealed carry is allowed," but large stores with general manager turnover? "No, my predecessor never would have allowed such." So if you're going to the effort of getting stores to put up signs, make it more explicit.

It doesn't necessarily have to be obvious to the general public in meaning, though ("clear and conspicuous" itself is undefined and unclear). "MDW&CP Permitted" (without adding the outline of a scary gun) would be both innocuous and clear enough that prosecutors would avoid challenging it.

Relevant section of the law:
    "... may not enter or tresspass on property unless the owner or the owner’s agent has posted a clear and conspicuous sign indicating that it is permissible to wear, carry, or transport a firearm on the property"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom