• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    wasn't there a thread a while back where someone was trying to organize a mdshooters meet-n-greet at the college park BWW, but the manager dicked us over when they found out we were a pro-gun group? I'll try my google-fu on this later when I have free time to try to find it.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    There is a problem with this policy and the way it is conveyed. I was in Va Beach 2 years ago while on a bike trip. It was night time and there was a UFC fight that night so the BWW was extremely packed. Between the greeter at the door and the mass of people waiting to get in, I could not see the door or any signage banning firearms. What of I were to carry inside and be found out or have to use my weapon for something. This is why these things don't work on top of the obvious disregard by criminals.

marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    NoGunsNoMoney-Variety.gif

just start using these

no%20business%20color.jpg

I carry several in my wallet along my CCW...

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    You call it dehumanizing, I call it a good time without having to pay for it.

If I was going to pay someone to touch my junk it wouldn't be someone of the same sex and it would be someone way more competent at their job.

ASTC

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    “… There is no reason why those officers should have been asked to leave … police officers are always welcome in my establishment and even though we do have a no gun policy, as a company that excludes off duty police officer,” Lupton wrote. “As a company we are community oriented. We appreciate everything that police officers do for us.”

This company (Buffalo Wild Wings) is on my "Do Not Patronize" list since they have a "no gun" policy. They have several locations in Maryland and those of us who believe in the 2A should avoid them. Don't support enemies of the 2A. You can go to their website: http://www.buffalowildwings.com/ and leave a comment as I did.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    BWW is anti-gun, period. Despite that fact that I could eat there and they'd never know, I'll not support a company that does not support my rights.

This. I went to the one in Westminster when they first opened, and they absolutely sucked, horrible overcooked AND cold wings, long wait when they weren't buisy, and expensive even if they would have been good. After a few years, and a move, they put one up here in York, and it is always buisy thought about trying it to see if they were decent, but looks like their gun policy will save me the trouble.

Now the last couple times we have had a chance to go out to dinner, we went to Olive Garden in York and Lancaster, suprisingly good food, seated quick, and their policy is to follow state law, allowing CC AND OC, in states like Texas where they can "opt out" with a 30.06 sign, the don't. There have been a couple isolated incidents in other states where one manager made up his own policy, but in the cases corporate was contacted they made it right, and corrected the manager. Monday evening we went to the one in Park city, Lancaster, and it took about 30 minutes for our food to come out, it came out hot and good, they were a little buisy, and we never complained or said a word, the waitress kept our drinks full, and the wait seemed reasonable. The manager came out, went table to table in our section, appolagised for what he felt was an excessive wait, and said our expected $40 meal for 3 was on the house, and yes, I was open carrying under a jacket I took off. We are spoiled with good restraunts up here, but Olive garden has earned my frequent patronage.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    If I were the cops, I'd refuse service to that restaurant next time they call 911.

OK, that's just being silly as you know that's not permissible. Yea, cops should be able to carry their sidearms wherever they go, but so should citizens. However, this is America- a business can make their own rules within existing law. That's their right. Customers can choose to eat elsewhere. That's THEIR right. Doesn't make BWW's food any less better or worse than it was before.

I suggest stop bitching. Not everyone in the world believes as we do about guns and self defense. Businesses make decisions based on their customers demographics and business model. They succeed or fail by those decisions. That's their right. Don't patronize their business, but stop wasting energy and focus on the important issues that affect all gun owners (Big Picture stuff, at least here in MD.).

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I've always been pleased with the food and the service at the BWW I have been to - just three of them though, Annapolis, Arundel Mills and Waldorf. That said, I'll be damned if I'm going to spend any more of my money in there. We're in the fight of our lives for our 2nd Amendment rights and they are choosing to piss all over it - eff them. I can get wings and beer at a lot of other places that aren't into opening infringing on my civil rights.

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    wasn't there a thread a while back where someone was trying to organize a mdshooters meet-n-greet at the college park BWW, but the manager dicked us over when they found out we were a pro-gun group? I'll try my google-fu on this later when I have free time to try to find it.

There was one held at the Bel Air location a few years ago...I don't know if they knew we were a "gun group" or if that particular manager just didn't care. I don't think anyone knew they were anti-gun at the time though. They had just opened and I had never even heard of the chain.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Already stopped going to airports because of their dehumanizing crappola.

If I was going to pay someone to touch my junk it wouldn't be someone of the same sex and it would be someone way more competent at their job.

I'll second this as I don't think I have to be anywhere so fast as to need to be sexually assaulted and/or blasted with an unknown or regulated amount of radiation in those new fancy scanner booths. :sad20:If I can't get there fast enough by car then I'll pass.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I actually applaud BWW for not making a LEO/Military exemption... If you want to ban guns, fine, but it should be for everyone... even the criminals. ;)

At least they are being consistent... no guns means no guns for anyone.

ASTC

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    I went to the Buffalo Wings website and sent them an e-mail expressing my displeasure at what happened at their Virginia location. Within hours I got the following response and, to be fair, I wish to share it with the members of Mdshooters.com.

"I am writing in response to your inquiry left on our comment system. I apologize that you were displeased with the actions of the store in Virginia, but I can assure you that our stores in Maryland do not have the same policies. Although I am unable to comment on the policies of the store in Virginia, we are an independently owned Franchise Group based out of Chicago, Illinois and we have eleven locations in Maryland, soon to be twelve. I would love the opportunity to speak with you about this further to assure you that these actions in no way represent our beliefs in our franchise group. I am available to be reached via the number below at your convenience. I look forward to talking with you.

Thank you,

Greg Weber
    Area Manager

KPW Management D/B/A Buffalo Wild Wings

I think this quick reply shows that many businesses are sensitive and responsive to potential customers who are dissatisfied. We should let any business that is anti-2A know when we are unhappy with them. Gun owners are a large group who can use economic pressure on businesses that are identified as anti-2A. Let them know where we stand.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Some BWW are franchises and some company owned. I vote with my stomach (and feet) Too many other better places to eat than wasting money on mediocre food and an anti 2A stance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom