• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThatGuy179

Apr 2, 2012
    Pasadena
    I live less than a mile from that exxon, hope this pos state gets ccw from scotus and pisses all the libtards off so we can finally protect ourselvs. Not too long ago the zips drycleaners around the corner was held up at gun point. All i ever see anymore are thugs walking around. A couple weeks ago they were running around the eaves apartment complex pulling the fire alarm in the middle of the night for almost 2 weeks straight

thebullpupkid

Feb 6, 2009
    Right near the beach!
    I was told by HOCO PD 6 yrs ago that the area between the mall, Wilde Lake, Tamar, Steven Forest, etc are nothing but Section 8, low income housing full of Baltimorians displaced due to lead paint in their homes....also that Ellicott City was under siege from Baltimore punks driving down the county line and committing grand theft, assault, etc and being able to drive north or east quickly on the MD40 corridor....

+1. I grew up in Wilde Lake. In the 80's it was generally a safe place, not totally crime free but not terrible either. When they shut down the housing projects in Baltimore in the early 90's they cut a deal with Howard Co/Columbia and bussed many of the residents out to their new digs in Columbia. The crime rate in the 90's went through the roof. I was robbed 2x walking home from the mall. Local gangs called Cloud 9 and 6 Pack materialized and started committing robberies on the bike paths between the neighborhoods. When I moved out of Wilde Lake in '97, we had 3 murders on the bike paths that month. All of us knew to stay out of the little "townhouse" communities that line Little Patuxent near the mall if you were white unless you wanted to get jumped and robbed. My favorite was the one named "Rideout Heath" that we instead used to call "Hideout Thief."

randyho

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2009
    Not His Happy Place
    Because they know we are not armed. If a few of these carjackers were taken out they would think twice.
    Having moved from a house in HC to PGC, my experience demonstrates that the HC thug wannabe's ain't all that to a level that the PG thug wannabe's would find embarrassing. And... we're talking wannabe's...

It speaks volumes about the prospective victims.

Draico

Apr 29, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    Wow I work on Gerwig lane a few minutes from where this happened. Sad to hear something like this happened in such a nice neighborhood. Also shocked by all the crime u all are reporting there. I would have never expected it there. From what ive seen in the morning and afternoon it seemed nice and quiet there.Thanks u douchebag O'Malley taking away Maryland safety day by day and empowering the criminals.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    Lived in ellicott city for many years. Ham radio and police scanners for decades. Colombia assn has a pretty good hold on the news that comes out of Howard county.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Police: Man Carjacked, Kidnapped and Robbed on Broken Land Parkway Reload this Page

Why in the hell did he unlock his door? Also, whatever happened to situational awareness? :sad20:

DUH Good Question...

That response wouldn't work if he had a CCW...

The proper response =

#1. Lay on the HORN & DRIVE AWAY QUICKLY - RUN OVER THEM IF THEY STAND IN YOUR WAY, Drive a safe distance away, then call 911...

#2. Remember that the POLICE are NOT there when a crime is being committed, you are on your own...

#3. The Police show up AFTER the CRIME has ended to write up a report...

#4. Only you can prevent yourself from becoming a VICTIM...

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Let's just say the driver had a legally owned gun but was transporting it illegally since he wasn't going to or from the range and it was loaded. Say he shot the guys. What would've happened to him - how serious would the charges be?

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    I really don't think that many people truly know how bad the area is.

Check this link once a weekday and you will be amazed at all the home invasions and gun assaults/robberies they're are.

Click on a date within the calendars.
    http://www.howardcountymd.gov/crimebulletin.htm

People have been robbed at gun point inside/outside the mall, in the bathroom of Cheesecake Factory, next to Union Jacks, on bike paths, dry cleaners, etc.

marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    Criminals love to prowl large parking lots looking for easy victims...and unfortunately,the Columbia Mall is surrounded by low-income housing infested with crime...and lots of teens roaming the parking lots looking for trouble.

Back in 2011, when I still had my Harley,i went to the Columbia Mall and parked right by the Sears Auto repair...as I was dismounting I say 2 teens wearing hoodies ( it was 85 degrees outside- first sign!) coming in between parked cars heading straight for us. They signaled each other, while staring at my wife's purse, maybe 50 feet away. My spidey sense lit up, and I quickly took off my helmet,unzipped my bomber jacket and placed my stronghand on my holstered M&P 9c....

I told my wife to squat and act like she was tying her shoes, and confronted the teens just as they got a car's length away with a "don't be stupid" in a firm voice. The kid on the right saw my hand on my side resting on my holster and his eyes bulged out of his sockets. He replied "nice bike Sir"' tapped his head twice (a signal to the other guy to abort, I guess???), and changed course to avoid us.

Mind you,this happened late afternoon before dusk,and the lot was packed!

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Let's just say the driver had a legally owned gun but was transporting it illegally since he wasn't going to or from the range and it was loaded. Say he shot the guys. What would've happened to him - how serious would the charges be?

You would not want to find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom