• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madchestermonkey

Pond straddler
    Oct 10, 2012
    Lowcountry SC
    I saw this today, looks pretty nifty but MSRP and import status are unclear.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/03/10/caracal-cc10-9mm-carbine/

The carcal looks interesting, I liked their old pistol series but there was a huge recall and I don't think it was dealt with very well in terms of customer service

There is also the Taurus CT. I got to get my hands on one at the United gun store about a week ago. Too expensive in my mind at the moment but similar feel to the Beretta CX

http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=889&category=Rifle

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Wow! A lot of folks ragging on the kriss and never even fired one.... Yes the benefits are much more beneficial in a FA gun but the recoil system is still apparent in the semi auto version too. Imo the kriss is in my top 3 pistol caliber carbine. If you bought a 16" kriss that totally defeated the purpose & that's probably why they are being sold. The gun was not designed around a 16" barrel, it was meant to be a subgun.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Wow! A lot of folks ragging on the kriss and never even fired one.... Yes the benefits are much more beneficial in a FA gun but the recoil system is still apparent in the semi auto version too. Imo the kriss is in my top 3 pistol caliber carbine. If you bought a 16" kriss that totally defeated the purpose & that's probably why they are being sold. The gun was not designed around a 16" barrel, it was meant to be a subgun.

If it is a rifle that fires a pistol caliber it IS a "subgun".

CAS_Shooter

Jan 24, 2012
    Marlin Camp 9's for me. Nice that magazines can be shared with the S&W 5906.

My Camp 9 is reliable and accurate. It shoots the cheap steel cased ammo as well as it shoots popular brass. Never balked at any brand of hollow points either. It is a very natural pointing gun. My favorite handgun caliber rifle for HD. I did replace the buffer and spring.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    If it is a rifle that fires a pistol caliber it IS a "subgun".

No not really, that is where pistol caliber carbines come in, kinda of a hybrid class imo. A subgun is traditionally a firearm that fills the gap between a pistol & a rifle it is mainly determined by size (cqb style weapon like CZ Scorpion, UZI, MP5, H&K UMP, etc...). Calibers range from pistol to rifle "type". Subguns or submachine guns are usually select fire weapons too...

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I picked up my Just Right Carbine 9mm in desert camo last night from Duffy's. Sights are on order so I didn't get to shoot it yet. It's a little heavier than I thought it would be but fit and finish are great.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I picked up my Just Right Carbine 9mm in desert camo last night from Duffy's. Sights are on order so I didn't get to shoot it yet. It's a little heavier than I thought it would be but fit and finish are great.

New gun, eh? Sounds like time for another trip to the range :brows:

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Sweet, I just got a bunch more 7.62x39 myself and have two C&R guns that should be here on friday. Gotta work this weekend though :banghead:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I've seen a couple guys doing Vityaz clones with MP5 mags on AKFiles, including parts kits for sale. Alas, their legality in MD would seem unclear; I really don't think a direct blowback gun should ever be considered a real AK, but who knows what goes through the mind of the MSP/AG these days.

FTJoe

Aug 27, 2012
    SOMD
    My Camp 9 is reliable and accurate. It shoots the cheap steel cased ammo as well as it shoots popular brass. Never balked at any brand of hollow points either. It is a very natural pointing gun. My favorite handgun caliber rifle for HD. I did replace the buffer and spring.

ditto. picked up mine a few months ago and its sweet!!! very happy with it.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    R u bringing the storm on Saturday? I almost bought a used one recently but thought the price was a bit high...

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    R u bringing the storm on Saturday? I almost bought a used one recently but thought the price was a bit high...

Yes sir, you know it. The mags are already loaded. I have (2) 35 rd. mags, (2) 30 rd mags, (4) 20 rd mags, (4) 17 rd mags, and (2) 15 rd mags. It is fun to let loose with.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Not to resurrect a zombie thread but I have lost track of the general concensus on the hipoint carbine?

Looking for a compact, lightweight reliable gun that my wife can use for a bug out and go. She isn't comfortable with the AR for weight or the Sub2k for cheek weld. (have both already)

Not looking for something to win match or put more than 3000 to 5000 roads through in its life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom