• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Shame that diopter sights for K31s are so expensive (approx $350) 'cause they're the way to go. Every set that goes to auction on Ebay always has a stiff bidding war. The chinese have made a cheap knock-off copy but I wouldn't spend my hard earned money on it. From what I hear the quality is dubious at best. Not what you want in a diopter!

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    My K31 still is shooting left so I need to still drift the front sight over left. I forgot my hammer and punch today but shot both GP11 and 174g PPU. They pretty much were within an inch of each other at 100yds. I don't have a pic showing the difference but here is a pic of one of the better 5 shot groups today using the PPU 174g. I'd say that w/o a scope, there is not much difference between PPU and Gp11

Attachments

• 20130430K31PPU174g.jpg
      20130430K31PPU174g.jpg
      70.6 KB · Views: 121

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    My eyes have a tough time with the WWII and earlier style sights. I just picked up a Swiss Products offset scope mount and a Weaver made 4X scope. I wanted a vintage looking scope to go with the look of the rifle. A modern scope on an old rifle looks too anachronistic. Here are some pics I just took. I love the look.

Attachments

• K31-1.jpg
      K31-1.jpg
      37.7 KB · Views: 107
    • K31-2.jpg
      K31-2.jpg
      36.4 KB · Views: 111
    • K31-3.jpg
      K31-3.jpg
      47.1 KB · Views: 109

Screwtop.243

Ouch...that thing kicks
    Jul 7, 2011
    People's republic of MD
    I wanted a vintage looking scope to go with the look of the rifle. A modern scope on an old rifle looks too anachronistic. Here are some pics I just took. I love the look.

That looks really great. I have a similar set up but mine has the dreaded "anachronistic" look with a modern Burris Fullfield 3X9 on it. Last time at the range I was getting MOA with the GP-11 and had a "puppy-toe" 3 shot group in progress (with 2 out of 3 on paper) on my last group when the guy two benches down from me touched off a round from his 338 Lapua just before the sear let go on my K-31 and I flinched, pulling the 3rd shot 2" right!:mad54:

I'm fixin' to work up some handloads for my K-31 to see if I can't use it for some white-tail duty this season.

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    I'm not loading for this gun yet. I have about 800 rounds of GP11, but I want to pick up some commercial ammo every now and then to get reloadable brass. Then I'll probably start loading this caliber along with everything else. The GP11 is so darn good, it's hard to justify loading my own though.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Warpspasm, that looks great.
    BTW, Took K31 out today and a Mosin 91/30. The K31 did better in both my hands and my friends hands but with those fixed sights, it really is not easy to get consistent. Today my groups were a bit bigger but still better than the Mosin was. I just got in my Smith Sights for the Mosin so the Mosin is gaining ground now.

I'm entertaining guests at the range this weekend and I'll have them shoot the Mosin but I'll bring the K31 in case they are not hitting the target at 100yds and tearing up my frame :)

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    My biggest problem with the offset scope mount on the K31 is getting my head over far enough to the right and still feel comfortable. I had a couple of disks fused in my neck a number of years ago and my has much less range of motion. I have a TERRIBLE time getting in and out of cars with a low roof line. If the scope mount was offset to the left I'd be golden! But, alas it is not to be.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    My biggest problem with the offset scope mount on the K31 is getting my head over far enough to the right and still feel comfortable. I had a couple of disks fused in my neck a number of years ago and my has much less range of motion. I have a TERRIBLE time getting in and out of cars with a low roof line. If the scope mount was offset to the left I'd be golden! But, alas it is not to be.

You can always get a drill and tap scope mount or one that replaces the rear sight with a mount for a long eye relief scope.

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    You can always get a drill and tap scope mount or one that replaces the rear sight with a mount for a long eye relief scope.

Yeah, I know, but I just can't bring myself to drill and tap the rifle. I'll just have to stretch my neck a bit. At some point I may get a diopter for the rifle.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Yeah, I know, but I just can't bring myself to drill and tap the rifle. I'll just have to stretch my neck a bit. At some point I may get a diopter for the rifle.

The one that replaces the rear sight is a no tap, no drill model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom