• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sheriff160

Nov 1, 2009
    Waldorf, Maryland
    Picked up a new 10/22 take down model from Keep Shooting today. Great price at $293.25! I have never been a real big 10/22 fan but I really like how this rifle breaks down. This is going to be the perfect utility rifle. These are flying off the shelves and Ruger is already back ordered.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    about $40 cheaper than the one i saw.

not sure if they come any different but this was black synthetic and stainless

Mrhyde

Capitalist-Pig
    May 22, 2010
    Bel Air MD
    Pics or it didn't happen.

I can't wait to get my hands on one. I'm hoping they do an all black rifle though. I never got into the black and stainless.

Ruger made a good call on these.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    The more I think about it, the more I may go this route:

IMG_0061.jpg

http://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/rifles/su-22/

They fold up small, come threaded for a suppressor, and are around the same price.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    So will the breakdown 10/22 take existing aftermarket barrels or is the barrel mounting different? Obviously aftermarket stocks would not work or am I mistaken in that too?

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    So will the breakdown 10/22 take existing aftermarket barrels or is the barrel mounting different? Obviously aftermarket stocks would not work or am I mistaken in that too?

i don't think you can change them out but i'm not sure. i don't think ruger intended this particular model to be as "mr potato head" as the rest of them.

sheriff160

Nov 1, 2009
    Waldorf, Maryland
    after holding the ruger, i wouldn't go for the keltec. plus the case is nice as hell. i would just get the ruger threaded and be done with it. plus most people already have 10/22 mags.

That is a picture of my SU-22 and its kinda funny your re-posted it. I just decided to give the Kel-Tec away to my nephew because I like the 10/22 Take Down so much better. A much smaller package when broken down.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    I don't currently have a 10/22 but the thing that most people seem to find as the biggest PITA is cleaning. This seems as though it would reduce that burden a lot. I'll be getting one as soon as the budget permits. I like that you can keep the optic on the rifle and bag it.

What are the dimensions of the bag when it has the rifle in it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom