• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I just sold mine to a friend not long ago. He's addicted to them. I shot maybe 30 rounds through it. Fun, but zero practicality and there were other things I wanted more so it went to finance the next one :)

LexiGold

Sep 1, 2022
    Eastern Shore
    Looks heavy! Wonder what the "9mm will blow lungs out" people would come up for this. Lol

"Purposely designed to only leave a pair shoes and a faint stain" or something along those lines, no doubt.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Picture says it all
    IMG_20161116_202459888.jpg

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    That they are. After a few mag dumps, time to shoot something else.

But enjoy.
    I could see that. I've never shot one. Heck, the hottest handgun I ever shot was a 44 Magnum before. And I swore I had no reason to buy one. Until my buddy (he knows who he is and what he has done) told me one of the local shops had a DW 44 Mag at a sweet price.

I could not resist. So now I have a 44 Magnum. Which means I'll probably get some kind of rifle in 44 Mag. I'd been leaning towards a lever gun in .357, but a .44 seems like a better choice. Or as likely, some year I'll end up of one of each.

But it's a very nice gun. 6" barrel. I am getting a 2.5" to go with.

I haven't shot anything hot out of it yet. Just working up handloads. But I think my typical handload is probably going to be a 240gr at about 1200fps. Nice soft shooting. I mean, ~750ft-lbs still wakes you up. But it's about a 3lb handgun. That's about the same recoil velocity as a Glock 21 firing +p ammo. More recoil energy for sure, but meh. Extremely pleasant to shoot. I am not sure I'd want to shoot many hundreds of rounds in a range session, but the 40 I put down the pipe in testing my hand and wrist didn't have the least tingle. Now once I work up some true magnum loads, which will probably be a 240gr XTP at around 1400-1500fps that'll probably be a different story. Or 300gr hard cast bear loads at probably around 1250fps. I am probably not going to want to stand there and shoot box after box of that stuff. But hot 44 Mag out of it is about the same recoil velocity as 50AE out of a DE is as the DE is quite a bit heavier in 50AE. Plus recoil mitigation from the gas operated system. It might actually be a little less for the DE in 50AE.

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    Had one in .44 mag. Not practical at all, but a hell of a lot of fun to shoot every now and then.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    blasphemy!
    I swear the only reason they keep making them is for Hollywood and for people who buy them who see them in movies and video games.

IMHO they are heavy, clunky, inaccurate, poorly made, poorly designed, and unreliable.

Plus a lightweight, reliable, accurate, well made, well designed, reliable large bore pistol has already been made:

It's called a Smith&Wesson

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom