• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    .50AE, .44 magnum, and .357 magnum with 6” and 10” barrels in all three calibers. Unfired, with mags and paperwork in a heavy duty stainless steel case. This is gonna be fun!
    1665496739058.jpeg

FakeID

Aug 5, 2022
    AACo Maryland
    thats awesome it came with so many barrels! What about was the price on that lot?

I was suppose to shoot one that is 50AE and 44mag this past weekend but plans fell through. Hopefully next weekend.

Enjoy your new eagle.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Very cool.

Can you shoot .44 special and .38 special out of it with the .44 magnum and .357 magnum barrels, or would you need to get and install softer recoil spring(s) for it to cycle the lower powered ammo?

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Very cool.

Can you shoot .44 special and .38 special out of it with the .44 magnum and .357 magnum barrels, or would you need to get and install softer recoil spring(s) for it to cycle the lower powered ammo?

The deagle is gas operated. Which is why a barrel and mag swap is all that is needed to change calibers.... different gas ports. So I doubt you could cycle .38s through it, not enough gas.

Plus I believe it headspaces off the case mouth. So even if it short cycles, you could fire a .38 or a .44spl but you'd start wearing the throat and/or get some weird marks on the breech face.....kind of like putting a .380 through a 9mm or putting a.40 through a 10mm

Last edited:

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    The deagle is gas operated. Which is why a barrel and mag swap is all that is needed to change calibers.... different gas ports. So I doubt you could cycle .38s through it, not enough gas.

Plus I believe it headspaces off the case mouth. So even if it short cycles, you could fire a .38 or a .44spl but you'd start wearing the throat and/or get some weird marks on the breech face.....kind of like putting a .380 through a 9mm or putting a.40 through a 10mm
    So I guess you'd just need another barrel with appropriately sized chamber and gas port, if they are available...

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I picked up a desert eagle once. And I put it right back down, lol.
    I read a write-up years ago on the DE .50. The shooter/writer kept getting nailed in the forehead with the spent brass. The harder he hunkered down on the gun, the more consistently he got nailed. I though, well, I'm gonna pass on that.
    :lol2:

Waingro

Apr 4, 2018
    Definitely not a practical weapon but still awesome....had one I bought years ago in brushed satin I believe the finish was called. Got it off a consignment from Scott's in glen burnie. It was mint. The novelty wore off as I looked at ammo prices for it so I sold it. I regret it to this day....=(

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Reloaders gun in 50AE as that ammo is $$ and hard to find.
    Fun in .44 and really mild in .357.

Don't shoot lead in it as it will seal the gas system up. Not sure if coated is alright, but I'm not going to risk that either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom