• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    Those applicants who had their apps returned shouldn't have to shell out another $76.00 to Livescan because the MSP won't accept the application. I know they will be forced to pay the fee again, but that's not right. MSP is stonewalling, delaying, and just plain causing people to spend more than the original fee. That's over $230.00 total to be denied. If you can afford it it will force MSP to add you to the list of those whose apps are sitting.

Thats why I would have sent mine back ASAP demanding that they process it as the law states they have to. If they are going to deny me for no G&S then do it. At least you could fight it to the appeal board that way.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    I seem to be a case that is right on the boundary between MSP behaviors. I mailed my application in on March 12, my check was cashed, but I did not hear anything from MSP regarding interviews and none of my references have indicated that they were contacted. I have received nothing in the mail indicating any disposition of my application so it's still technically active, just not apparently proceeding.

And yes, I've already submitted my info to MSI via their handy link.

crj200

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2012
    I seem to be a case that is right on the boundary between MSP behaviors. I mailed my application in on March 12, my check was cashed, but I did not hear anything from MSP regarding interviews and none of my references have indicated that they were contacted. I have received nothing in the mail indicating any disposition of my application so it's still technically active, just not apparently proceeding.

This is exactly my case except application received on 3/09/12

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV

Tritto. I sent mine in on the 13th. Info at MSI.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Couldn't a person sue in state court claiming their rights have been violated?

As I understanding it, the stay allows the MSP to ignore the injunction. It does not vacate the ruling that Woollard's rights were violated.

A stay means that the ruling is not in effect, including the constitutional holding as well as the injunction. A person whose application has been denied by the MSP and the Board (or refused to accept, same thing), has standing to seek review in state court under state law, or in federal court under federal law (2A). While the stay is in effect, neither suit could enforce or apply Judge Legg's ruling

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    Those applicants who had their apps returned shouldn't have to shell out another $76.00 to Livescan because the MSP won't accept the application. I know they will be forced to pay the fee again, but that's not right. MSP is stonewalling, delaying, and just plain causing people to spend more than the original fee. That's over $230.00 total to be denied. If you can afford it it will force MSP to add you to the list of those whose apps are sitting.

I really hope that people in that boat will be able to somehow get restitution.

This is why I sent in my application as soon as possible after the ruling.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    So is there anyone who applied after the stay that has not received a non-denial/denial letter? At least without G&S.

Furthermore, I wonder what the TOTAL count of non-denial denials really is. I have a feeling this group of guys may be the least forthcoming with the info.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    the best i can say is... When you applied as I did the court had ordered that they could not use G&S. So they started to work on ours. Then the temp stay was put into place so they could apply G&S again even back to our apps. For the ones coming in they are just shipping back I would guess in hopes to deter people from applying. But ours have been started and they could just deny them but then face the fight of "I applied during this time". I think they found it better to just sit on them for now. As of they stay it really is just like the judgment has never happened and G&S still stands.

So it may be wise for someone to be ready with their app and hand carry their app directly to the MSP if/when this temp stay is lifted and before the next stay is requested and granted. Maybe there will be a few days of not stay in place where the the MSP will handle these app like they are dealing with the app's they received before the stay.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    I wonder if the pikesville post office will be flooded with denial letters after may 9 and before mid-June so if/when stay is lifted everyone will have to reapply and spend more money. Hoping most will just give up of course

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    So it may be wise for someone to be ready with their app and hand carry their app directly to the MSP if/when this temp stay is lifted and before the next stay is requested and granted. Maybe there will be a few days of not stay in place where the the MSP will handle these app like they are dealing with the app's they received before the stay.

I don't think that will work as well. If there is a stay put in place after this it will be by the 4th circuit. I don't think that one will go away in 2-3 months so it would be doubtfully that they would hold them.

I wonder if the pikesville post office will be flooded with denial letters after may 9 and before mid-June so if/when stay is lifted everyone will have to reapply and spend more money. Hoping most will just give up of course

If they were going to do that it would have happen by now, Also they would have cashed the checks of all the others that were returned if it was about the money. Yes it surprises me that they did not do that as soon as they had the chance.

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi

They really must be mentally incapable if they believe that after all of this we would just give up.

If they are banking on that I laugh in their face.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Well they are smart enough to wait until after Gura's response before sending out the denials that way they wont be part of his response.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    For anyone that may be interested, I was told by an instructor that the Law Offices of Walter S. Booth - Attorney at Law was very cutting edge with gun laws and offered a service with getting your ccw.

http://www.walterbooth.net/12.html

I personally do not know anything about his services prices or what he can do. I'm just passing the info along. But I bet if any of us hired him the way that our app's read would look much different and may get a higher level of respect when going across any troopers desk.

If nothing else I bet it would cut the negative comments that seem to be coming from some of the troopers during the interviews. As well as the trooper may be a little more careful when filling out their report on any of us knowing you have an attorney in the mix and the fact that they may have to back up anything they may say in their report.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    If nothing else I bet it would cut the negative comments that seem to be coming from some of the troopers during the interviews. As well as the trooper may be a little more careful when filling out their report on any of us knowing you have an attorney in the mix and the fact that they may have to back up anything they may say in their report.

I seriously doubt this - probably the only groups of people less intimidated by lawyers than Troopers are other lawyers and judges

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom