• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

andyman

Former Senior Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    pg county
    I agree. He was probably ordered to do it. However, he chose to follow that order. He could have voiced his concerns and said "I am not comfortable with this". He did not. He actually arrested a man who was doing nothing wrong. That's a big deal. There should be consequences for this behavior. It will make other officers think twice if they are given similar orders in the future.

Or he could have made it clear to PP that he didn't really have a choice and tried to work an accommodation for that night until details could be debated the next day. Maybe even make it clear that they were welcomed to be in Lawyer's Mall, regardless of permitting, for the evening. Granted, this might not have been acceptable to PP but it would have been reasonable to offer. A reasonable and Constitutionally aware officer would have made efforts in the spirit of protecting rights rather than suppressing them. The video does seem to suggest that Sgt. Pope had received his marching orders, was possibly a little bitter about them, and had steeled himself for the bitter pill he was expected to swallow.

-Andy

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    lol - you are killing me. The Maryland Capital Police is a division of the Department of General Services. Last I checked, the Department of General Services ("DGS") is an Executive Agency and under Hogan's control.

Here you go, DGS's homepage, with a photo of Hogan on the front of the webpage and the statement on that photo of "Governor Hogan - I am DGS"

http://www.dgs.maryland.gov/Pages/default.aspx

So, either Pope obeyed an order outside the chain of command, or the order came from the Chief or Hogan. Unless Pope just took it upon himself to do what he did. If he obeyed a command outside the chain of command, he should be fired. If he obeyed a command from the Chief or Hogan .....

Someone else has noted earlier that the Chief came from MSP Executive Protection Division. Search for that posting and see my response. Old friendships and political aspirations could be at play, and there isn't just ONE boogeyman. Trump's collusion can't hold a candle to the DemocRATs in the PRofMD. JMHO ...

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    I don't understand police policy. If it was OK for Rack to ride in the front of the police car, why did he have to be cuffed?

I've been wondering that since I saw the original video on Monday. I didn't think they let people being arrested ride up front. Then again my knowledge of this is from watching COPs growing up. :lol2:

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Or he could have made it clear to PP that he didn't really have a choice and tried to work an accommodation for that night until details could be debated the next day. Maybe even make it clear that they were welcomed to be in Lawyer's Mall, regardless of permitting, for the evening. Granted, this might not have been acceptable to PP but it would have been reasonable to offer. A reasonable and Constitutionally aware officer would have made efforts in the spirit of protecting rights rather than suppressing them. The video does seem to suggest that Sgt. Pope had received his marching orders, was possibly a little bitter about them, and had steeled himself for the bitter pill he was expected to swallow.

-Andy
    It was a pill.

A suppository.

DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    Just a thought but how funny would it be if everyone put a dildo in their pocket. Can you imagine the reaction to the pat down when they throw that stuff on the hood of the squad car...... Just saying for a friend.:innocent0

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    Just saw this on Bryan Sears' FB page, when he was posting a picture of the Cove Point protesters:

Bryan Sears via Facebook said:
    Bryan P. Sears As a point of reference, here is the entire statement given to me by David Rocah, senior staff attorney for the ACLU of MD:

"None of us were there last night, so did not see this demonstration, but the arrests, and DGS’s statement, look like additional evidence that DGS has no idea what the First Amendment means. It is true that there is no constitutional right to block the sidewalk for a demonstration that does not have a permit, or that is not a response to imminent events. BUT, from the video that you posted, it seems pretty clear that small number of people who were peacefully holding signs were NOT actually blocking the sidewalk, making the demand that they move, and the arrests for failing to move a violation of the protestors’ First Amendment rights. And it is important to note that it is particularly difficult to actually block the sidewalk in the location where they were arrested (at least absent a deliberate attempt to do so), because the sidewalks are HUGE, and exist on both sides of the planters that block vehicle access to Lawyer’s Mall. The right to stand on the sidewalk with signs without a permit (and without blocking pedestrian traffic) is a critically important First Amendment right, particularly in Annapolis, because it is one of the easiest and most accessible ways for people to get their message heard by the community at large, and particularly by the legislators and staffers who make or shape the laws in Annapolis. Which is precisely why so many groups do exactly that in precisely this location time and time again. Whether pedestrians have been injured in Annapolis in incidents having nothing to do with a demonstration, and whether pedestrians in Annapolis (like pedestrians in every City in the country) have complained about cars not yielding to people in the crosswalk simply has nothing whatsoever to do with the legality of these arrests, or the First Amendment rights at issue here."

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Regarding a GoPro style camera for the PP

If some of you wanted to get together and purchase one that would be FANTASTIC! However, please don't be offended when I say that both R&R, DL and myself are way to busy this week to even know what type/brand/model would be best and will leave it to the brain trust here to figure out. If one showed up Monday we will definitely use it then and on future MTFU Mondays and would be eternally grateful. We know that the generosity of those here on MDS knows no bounds. Just please don't ask us to do any research or send $$ to purchase one before Monday.

Thank you all!

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    In order to frustrate The Free State’s attempts to serve me with citations for a third day, I have been spirited across state lines to the friendly embrace of a state I cannot name.

Aiding me as a Fugitive From Statism are my trusted Security Operatives JimBoy and MrEd.

I will be smuggled back behind Enemy Lines at the appropriate time to rendezvous with all of you in the Patriot Underground...

Roger, over and out.

Attachments

• 2BA1F885-D4F7-4A72-9AC8-7497AC74CEF5.jpg
      2BA1F885-D4F7-4A72-9AC8-7497AC74CEF5.jpg
      116.2 KB · Views: 419
    Last edited:

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    In order to frustrate The Free State’s attempts to serve me with citations for a third day, I have been spirited across state lines to the friendly embrace of a state I cannot name.

Aiding me as a Fugitive From Statism are my trusted Security Operatives JimBoy and MrEd.

I will be smuggled back behind Enemy Lines at the appropriate time to rendezvous with the all of you in Patriot Underground...

Roger, over and out.
    :thumbsup:

Th Chair is Against the Wall.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Ok. After spending about an hour going back on social media the video that was showing the ladies blocking the hallways inside the state house has been removed. I am sure someone on the other side reached out to that person to ask them to remove it so it could not be used against MCP down the road. I thought I would give an update on what I have found out. If you saw the video before it was removed that still might be helpful to Rack i just dont know. I cant make it Monday night but i am making phone calls and shooting off E mails about this. Someone mention that they saw a person talking to MCP officer before the arrest. If that is the case then the chief would be correct that on one called it in because someone their on the grounds told MCP to make the arrest. Someone they did not dare to tell them no. I wonder who could that be???

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

I will be smuggled back behind Enemy Lines at the appropriate time to rendezvous with all of you in Patriot Underground...

Roger, over and out.

By doing that I hope they do not charge you with being a fugitive from justice because they could not gain access to you since you are now out of state.. Could they do that ????

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Thank you, ACLU!

I could not have said it better myself.

Originally Posted by Bryan Sears via Facebook

Bryan P. Sears As a point of reference, here is the entire statement given to me by David Rocah, senior staff attorney for the ACLU of MD:

"None of us were there last night, so did not see this demonstration, but the arrests, and DGS’s statement, look like additional evidence that DGS has no idea what the First Amendment means. It is true that there is no constitutional right to block the sidewalk for a demonstration that does not have a permit, or that is not a response to imminent events. BUT, from the video that you posted, it seems pretty clear that small number of people who were peacefully holding signs were NOT actually blocking the sidewalk, making the demand that they move, and the arrests for failing to move a violation of the protestors’ First Amendment rights. And it is important to note that it is particularly difficult to actually block the sidewalk in the location where they were arrested (at least absent a deliberate attempt to do so), because the sidewalks are HUGE, and exist on both sides of the planters that block vehicle access to Lawyer’s Mall. The right to stand on the sidewalk with signs without a permit (and without blocking pedestrian traffic) is a critically important First Amendment right, particularly in Annapolis, because it is one of the easiest and most accessible ways for people to get their message heard by the community at large, and particularly by the legislators and staffers who make or shape the laws in Annapolis. Which is precisely why so many groups do exactly that in precisely this location time and time again. Whether pedestrians have been injured in Annapolis in incidents having nothing to do with a demonstration, and whether pedestrians in Annapolis (like pedestrians in every City in the country) have complained about cars not yielding to people in the crosswalk simply has nothing whatsoever to do with the legality of these arrests, or the First Amendment rights at issue h

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter

I will be smuggled back behind Enemy Lines at the appropriate time to rendezvous with all of you in Patriot Underground...

Roger, over and out.
    You could have picked better (looking) bodyguards.

I'm just sayin

PS. Once you lose your sense of humor, all ya got left is your good looks...

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Glad you brought this up.

It takes some time to dig the iPhone out of your pocket to activate the video app and then get it up and running after you have spotted the officer making his approach.

We were fortunate to capture what we did.

everyone needs to wear bodycams or goPros. :sad20:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom