• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    The States Attorney isn't going to like this ... it makes them look stupid to support these citations ... especially with the shifting reasoning as Zoo pointed out. Also a trespassing on a public sidewalk charge makes the state look incompetent and wildly authoritarian.

If the States Attorney was involved, there would have been a much more cogent argument from local law enforcement from the beginning. If local law enforcement also made this decision on their own, they also would have had a better plan of action. In addition, I think there would have been an effort to give the PP crew a heads up with what reasoning they were applying.

When the Chief claimed the complaint wasn't "called in", it doesn't mean that a legislator or legislator's aide didn't speak directly to some of the officers on site. They moved quickly without a clear plan. The Chief is now scrambling to legitimize their actions, support his men, and not out whomever made the complaint (and in general, this is a good practice, except when law enforcement is being used as a tool to further a political viewpoint).

If this gets any court time (meaning more media coverage), the state government and capital police are going to look pretty bad.
    Six cars suggests complicity and preplanning...

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Working on getting my schedule to allow me to pick my son up from school at 3 and get there before the pickets starts. 3.5 hrs from Garrett County. Obviously would love to be able to make it for dinner and to meet and greet everyone. I’ve been on the sidelines for too long and want to get involved. Also, want to use this opportunity to teach my 11 year old about what rights he has and for him to see first hand how civil action words in a representative republic. Although, MD is a very poor example at the moment. Jeff
    Hey Jeff,

If you are able to make it, but not in time for Mission BBQ, I will bring take out to Lawyer's Mall for you and your son. Let me know what you would like.

https://mission-bbq.com/menu

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Something else occurred to me, I wonder if there's a history of other groups being told to leave the sidewalk there or risk arrest?

My cousin, who was on the Annapolis PD at the time, arrested the Easter Bunny during a protest under similar charges. I couldn't find the pic on The Crapital's archive, but I did save the newspaper. I just need to dig it up. It made the front page.

NOT THIS PIC, but similar.

Attachments

• mark11.jpg
      mark11.jpg
      15.6 KB · Views: 525

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I can not make it monday but have been making phone calls and sending off E mails about this. This is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!! in what happened this past Monday. If they had (6) police vehicles their I cant help but wonder if this was planed before hand by the supervisor and staged the vehicles around the corner to make an appearance when called.
    As I write this at 7am Wed Morning welcome to our 37 guest who are viewing this and introduce yourselves to us and join MSI.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Thank you to everyone for keeping this thread on track and to those that are alerting us to the very few places where it gets off track so that we can address it.

If your posts get curated out, don't take it personally. We're being a little more narrow in our moderation here because the thread is moving so fast that we don't need extraneous material.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I have been working the keyboard hard to make sure that our law-makers and friendly broadcasters are made aware of this travesty. I have been underwhelmed by the response so far from our law-makers.

TO ALL GA STAFFERS: take note. We are watching and waiting for your response on this FIRST Amendment issue. Our representatives will be held accountable for how they respond to this.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I'm sorry that I have been so slow to catch up today with all of my favorite people here--people who don't walk away when I am in handcuffs, people who sit by that triple-locked door until I am let go, people who want to know if I'm all right, if I am in pain, if I need something, if I need a hug, or a beer, or both. I love you guys.

And I love you too, Mrs.Rab1515 and all you other great gals who are piling in on this quest to do something greater than ourselves.

We have a Monday coming up that is calling all of us, pulling at us, hovering over us and tugging at us to gather on some Bricks where no one should be on a chain like a dog because the heart wants freedom, liberty, and pursuit of happiness.

We have a Monday coming up like no other Monday. Are you in? I know you must be in, because last Monday my head was bowed and I only saw my shoes. Next Monday, my head will be up.... and I need to see you.

Are you in? My heart says you are, but do you know it yet?

I'm in.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Just as an FYI - nearly all of the people showing up as guests viewing this page at 0715 this morning were coming in from Maryland and NoVA.

This thread is getting a LOT of visibility right now.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    A politician can say "go after those guys", but the police can say "I'm sorry, they are not doing anything illegal".

Exactly, which is more less what happened one of the first nights were were on the bricks so long ago. Officer showed up and told us we couldn’t Picket. We said we are on a public sidewalk. He said he understood that, but had been sent down to run us off. We said no thanks we like it here, the lighting and back drop are great for photos. He chatted a while and then left. Never been a problem since then until Monday night.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I’ve been following this thread and have been trying to figure out how I can make the trip to stand with my brothers in arms. It’s doubtful I’ll be able to make it out, but I’ll be there in spirit.
    Keep up the good fight.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Peaceful protest. The bedrock of democracy. Apparently not in MD.

Infringement in one right...not so good. Indeed unacceptable.

Infringement on multiple rights...abject tyranny.

Think about the mentality of those who would infringe on basic human rights.

Now think about infringement wherein "they" decide to: infringe based on some "new" set of rules/circumstances AND "they" decide to infringe against 2A folks exercising their 1A rights in support of their 2A rights.

Now ask yourself, did they do this to BLM? Arguably, BLM behaved outside several laws during their demonstrations. Wonder why "they" think it's ok to infringe on our 1A rights in a different way than "they" infringe on other groups 1A rights?

As to "their" response after the fact, they double down on stupid and illegal by trumping even more charges.

Is there a limit to "their" willingness to trample civil rights? Are a group of mostly middle aged white taxpaying citizens less protected legally? Constitutionally?? Is this not prima facie evidence of governmental tyranny? Hell, this borders on reverse racism if you ask me.

Looks like there's at least three sets of rules...rules for the politically/financially connected, rules for the liberal social unrest protesters and rules for tax paying, law abiding citizens.

Why do we have rules? Why do we have laws? Why don't we apply laws consistently? Who gets to decide who is afforded protection for this basic human/democratic right and who is not?

The first amendment is as clear as the rest of them. Indeed it has been tested in our legal system perhaps more than any other. Why does the People's Republic of Maryland think they have the egregious prerogative to stifle people's voices? That's not governance, that's tyranny...plain and simple.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    The governor’s and NRA’s silence is deafening...

While I've generally been a Hogan supporter, I have to wonder perhaps if he might have been ok with what happened. With the upcoming re-election bid, he needs a smooth legislative session. I could see how he might not want people with signs out front of the state house either. I hope Im wrong though. It's shameful that he won't speak up on the matter regardless.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    We're getting a bounce on this from somewhere.

Howdy everyone :wave: :mdpatriot

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 7.50.13 AM.png
      Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 7.50.13 AM.png
      3.1 KB · Views: 452
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members